Eddy Cue: Steve Jobs Would Be 'Extremely Proud' of Apple's Current and Future Products

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 29, 2014.

1. d0nK macrumors 6502

d0nK

2011 mbp manufacters defect

What would Steve think of the manufacturing defect with the 2011 mbp (including the late 2011 mbp) graphics card implementation and Apple's silence on the matter?

2. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Er there seems to be a lot more products in the last decade so not sure about that. Do things well? Somewhat. Few things? No.

They still have the iPod line which should honestly die except maybe the iPod touch,
    Two iPads and going to increase to a third most likely,
    Macbook air and pro, which is rather unneeded, just make it to one line,
    IPhone 5c, and 5s which will probably expand to iPhone 6,6c and a monster iPhone

That's a lot of products. And I only mentioned about half that are getting bloated just like it was with the Pepsi man.

3. sshambles macrumors 6502a

sshambles

Best product line in the last 25 years.
    Big statement.

4. attila macrumors 6502a

attila

Their teenage-consumer-first approach would not appeal to Steve Jobs.

5. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I've always liked Eddy Cue. I think he is a great presenter and seems fairly honest and genuine. With that being said, I'm excited for this years WWDC and Apples fall product lineup. :cool:

6. Mr Todhunter macrumors regular

Mr Todhunter

I feel sick

"Cue also maintained that the company's values remain in strong attention to every detail and putting product quality first".
    Please fetch me a bucket or I'll vomit all over the floor. Hej mister Cue have a look at the disaster that is iBooks (which prevents me from installing Mavericks, and possibly ever again buy a new Mac) and keep your mouth shut, you pathetic sod.

7. Chrjy macrumors 6502a

Chrjy

That's the biggest highlight of the article for me. Everyone else is focused on what he said about SJ.

Even though I've been using Apple products now for nearly 25 years (I've always liked their stuff even if it wasn't the mainstream for a long time) I feel there needs to be some movement, things do feel a little stale right now so I REALLY REALLY hope that statement is true.

I'd like to see Apple wow everyone again liked they used to.

8. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

All too well. The perfect place to demonstrate a new product category, allowing developers to optimise software for it.

9. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

It was about the future pipeline, not the headphones. But now Apple needs to deliver and not just announce...

10. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Wearables. I can't wait!

11. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

12. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

About the same as he thought about the iPhone 4's issues. Or the iBook graphics cards. Or the MacBook plastic cracking. Or The G4 PowerMac shipping dates. Or the TiBook's paint flaking. Or the G3 iMac's shoddy 28.8 modem.

13. ipo macrumors member

And what about the company's image ?

Sounds like apple brought in house another shark ,. just like Bill's Microsoft turned the DOS - into MS-DOS. Here comes a streaming music service actually from David Hyman's "MOG", which was purchased by Beats in 2012.

AND i would seriously think twice about going on buying equipment from someone who obscures all the technical details about the products.

I dare you to find any tech information on http://www.beatsbydre.com ! There's nothing on audio specifications, frequency response, impedance, sensitivity ...not a thing . That's straight NOT serious to say the least.
    Go and look at Neumann, AKG ,Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser and see for yourselves.

Apple kicks its own image.

14. numlock macrumors 68000

ok.

a few weeks/months ago it didnt look like it might be a very exciting one but its all changed very recently quickly.

i wont get my hopes up too much

15. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

Touch ID has been a huge feature on my iPhone. I use it 50 times a day, and it makes my experience twice as good as on my iPhone 5. Is that not innovation?

16. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Eddy was not very convincing last night. He said Apple has been thinking about streaming music for a long time. Well, what's taken him so long to get a decent Spotify competitor on the market. Cue has basically been running iTunes since it's inception. How is he so behind on streaming music? I think it reflects poorly on his leadership that Apple had to spend $3B to get somebody to kickstart their streaming music business.

And with Apple TV the best Cue could do is praise the CEO of Comcrap. I hope he was holding some things close to the vest because if he wasn't I don't expect much Chang to Apple TV at all. :(

17. Polansky, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014

Polansky macrumors newbie

Eddy Cue: Steve Jobs Would Be 'Extremely Proud' of Apple's Current and Future Products

That remains to be seen. I think he is currently scratching his head in his coffin knowing Apple just bought Beats for 3 billion. Honestly I think Steve Jobs would have been much more interested in Spotify.

Lets first see what Apple has up their sleeves, before telling the world that Steve would have been proud.

18. adamtore macrumors member

There will be a new selfdriving car with the iCar experience.

19. Polansky macrumors newbie

It only takes one self appointed 'doctor' to leak :D

20. Caliban2u macrumors newbie

Create not capture

I think the whole point is that Apple has been great at creating new trends not capturing or following them...

21. Onyx3000 macrumors newbie

It's been 3 years since Cue was appointed SVP of internet services and they still absolutely suck.

22. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

What? You mean the guy Steve handpicked to succeed him?

It's funny how the over-the-top Jobs fanboys worship everything he ever did, yet dislike Cook, the guy Steve himself thought would be the best guy for the job. :rolleyes:

----------

Hopefully this is a joke. Steve came close to canning the whole pro segment at one point because the money is in the consumer products.

The Steve Jobs fanaticism is taken too damn far.

----------

Cry some more.

----------

Thank you.

23. Amacfa macrumors 68000

Amacfa

Rumor was already found to be false. Why do people use rumors instead of facts to argue ???

24. 2457282, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014

2457282 Suspended

I so hope this is true!!!! I am bored of hearing "we have great things in the pipeline." I really want to see great things like --

1. An ipad that can do multiple windows and really start eating at the laptop segment (bigger iPad, integrated keyboard cover, touchID)

2. An AppleTV with an App store and memory so we can download games. A controler for the TV to play the games (could be a app on the phone, but a dedicated controller would be good too).

3. Content for the AppleTV that does not require me paying the cable company for a subscription -- I already cut the cord and dont plan on going back.

4. 4K displays

5. mac mini upgrade to support 4k (may already be there but not sure)

6. Airplay speakers for the home (Beats or whatever)

7. A Nest replacement -- stop supporting Google

8. By Phillips and integrate Hue into the Beats earphones (okay that is silly, but why not) and make the Hue bridge the basis for Home automation (yes I bought the Hue system so this is self serving)

9. Better icloud integration accross everything -- in addition to music and photos, add video. Force app developers to integrate with icloud for file storage and retrieval.

10. Make siri capable of simultaneous translation

11. iwatch -- meh, still havent seen a reason to buy somthing for my wrist

12. iTV -- forget it and just sell 4k Displays, with the AppleTV and airplay we have all we need.

13. Automate more manufacturing processes and bring back the factories to the USA. nice start with the Mac Pro, but need more

14. Phones that can sell off contract under $400. keep the highend phone but need to push the "c" line to a lower price point. Samsung is eating up the market at the lower end and Apple runs the risk that as people buy at the cheaper end they get stuck in the android/samsung ecosystem and are lost to apple for ever.

25. MacVista macrumors 6502

They can keep repeating this on Cue, "Steve Jobs will Be Proud" and continue in their path, but before they'll know, Apple will be completely COOKed in their poison Ives. :D