Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Ha! You're right. He's being an artist and bucking the executive trend.

Have to say, Ive has come a long way from his early Apple days:

View attachment 474189

Mind you, we probably all have clothing & hair decades we wish we could forget :eek:

At least Ive is now smart about not wearing stuff to tight for his body...unlike Cue who had a fashion faux pas at the Code conference. :eek:

bloomberg-130919.jpg

eddy_cue_jimmy_iovine-800x529.jpg

drbroom

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2007
bovine scatology!!

I am sure that if Steve could he would get up out of his grave and slap (and fire) most of the people who have made many if not all of the recent decisions made by current Apple higher-ups!

Proud?!?! NFW!!

OtherJesus

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
Bay Area, California
Lots of kids on these forums thinking they can see the future...:rolleyes:
This kid is likely older than you and has a bigger stake in Apple than you. Not to mention I did see the future, rightly predicting the Beats app would remain on other platforms, marking Apple's first hook to sink into the Android and Windows mobile platform :)

good game!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yea right on the dot but I assume this iphone 6 is going to change that so ive got my fingers crossed.

Well There are some givens:

1. It will be a spec bump (thinner, faster, lighter)

2. Larger screen (4.7" minimum)

3. Glowing Apple logo on the back similar to a Macbook? (If this happens people will dismiss it as "not a big deal" but it's brilliant marketing as it would make the iphone stand out in a sea of square smartphones more)

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Remember when the "if Jobs was still alive"-game was played only by douchebag pundits and trolls?

Assuming they were ever pundits or trolls... still, nice zinger.

*cough*

Oh yeah? What about the Radeon GPU failure that brought so many 2011 15"/17" MBPs to their knees? Where's the QC in that (over-application of thermal paste)? I can understand Apple using unleaded solder, but having over-applied the thermal paste made it a double whammy.

Nothing happened and I doubt anything will happen. Apple doesn't need Macs anymore, or else it would be assisting customers in any or every way possible. For all intents and purposes, there've been more recalls over iPads than there have been for MacBooks...

Just wait until the 2013 Mac Pro "towers" start to develop overheating-related problems...

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
I guess when they set the bar as high as they did with the first few launches people like me get spoiled. I have touch ID and while its cool its not a reason to go buy a new phone like some of the other models had.

I understand your point. But it, and Siri were the only two features I ever specifically bought a new iPhone for. I got rid of a nearly new 4 to move to the 4S for Siri, and a one year old 5 to move to the 5S for Touch ID.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
*cough*

Oh yeah? What about Radeongate (the Radeon GPU failure that brought so many 2011 15"/17" MBPs to their knees? Where's the QC in that (over-application of thermal paste)? I can understand Apple using unleaded solder, but having over-applied the thermal paste made it a double whammy.

Yep. Mine died from that.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
Soooooooo...

1. Steve would be proud of Apple removing his realistic icons in ios7, that he personally loved and even had a say in some of their designs?

2. Steve would be proud of Apple buying ****** headphones?

3. Steve would be proud of Apple sailing ahead with his ideas and his innovation, not showing any sort of innovation (With the exception of the Mac Pro, which is very nice)?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Wait until WWDC on Monday, then repeat that comment.

Apple are going to innovate and dominate a new product category, proving the naysayers wrong once again.

Right it's over. Very underwhelmed !!!

Innovate and dominate you said ?!?!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Right it's over. Very underwhelmed !!!

Innovate and dominate you said ?!?!

I was surprised there was no new hardware -- but loads of great software stuff that wasn't even rumoured. Sorry to hear you're underwhelmed by it!

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I was surprised there was no new hardware -- but loads of great software stuff that wasn't even rumoured. Sorry to hear you're underwhelmed by it!

There was some new software and the SDKs will allow for new potential in apps, but hardly a WWDC to dominate the industry . Most of the major items introduced were "borrowed" from other companies. ;)

perse

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2013
What? You mean the guy Steve handpicked to succeed him?

It's funny how the over-the-top Jobs fanboys worship everything he ever did, yet dislike Cook, the guy Steve himself thought would be the best guy for the job. :rolleyes:

Yeah, who started immediately by dismantling the team that Steve had put together.

cnn-scott-forstall-paraseste-apple-1351568354.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.