Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Coming from the Galaxy S II, Android still has a long way to go before it gets to the fluidity of iOS. Even the responsiveness of the touchscreen, Apple really does have the best touchscreens in their devices. Android will get there eventually, but right now, even with the upcoming release of 4.0, I still think it'll be while before it really matches iOS.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Why is it that even the best Android phones still feel a little clunky when doing things like scrolling across the main screen or using pinch-zoom?

I think it's funny that Android fans like to point out that the new (insert model here) Android phone will be ".4 GHz faster" and have "3 more megapixels in the camera", and "it will blow away the iPhone because is has unparalleled specs". Then you play around with it and find that the UI still feels clunky and the picture quality kind of stinks and the apps are generally unrefined.

Don't get me wrong, I love certain parts of Android (widgets, music management, navigation, etc). But I could care less what the specs are if the quality of the experience still sucks.

The more interesting thing is that the two year old iPhone 3GS, the second best selling smart phone, is going to be able to run the latest iOS 5 update. How many 2 year old Android phones will be able to run ICS? I really like the fact that I know that my iPhone 4S two years from now will be running iOS 7. Google has turned into another Microsoft, no control over the hardware that runs Android. The looser is the consumer because there is no guarantee that the Android phone they buy today will even be able to run the latest Android OS next year.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Are ping rates lower on CDMA than on HSPA+? I get low 100ms on HSPA+.

I heard LTE is below 100ms.

ABernardoJr

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2006
Siri is a good idea, but it is not Apple's creation, they bought it off a third party developer, and time will tell if it truly works like the advertisements show, sounds too good to be true. And does it come working brand new out of the box at launch ? I heard rumors it is not quote ready just yet, will be patched in later ?

- Next week at Google's big event, they will announce the Nexus-Prime with same "retina" display type but on a 4.3" screen.

- Google is also announcing their own version of "Siri", will have a pet or icon type mascot on screen to do all things Siri does, fully integrated into the Android OS

Why are you promoting this if you see Siri as a "gimmick"?

And beyond that, the fact that Apple's products (both the hardware AND the software) are constantly being used as measuring sticks and standards for other products says all that needs to be said about who has it right.

wratran

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
Siri is far from a gimmick if it works as advertised (which I assume it will)

This is another apple fanboy defending a marketing gimmick.
It's impossible to do voice command in a normal environment w background noise.

All of the demos were in complete silence

Apple voice command has proven a failure already

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
It is all about the specs. We are all robots looking for the best silicon and plastic fixtures to augment ourselves, right?

Specs, specs, specs it is all about specs. Human experience be damned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.