EE iPhone 6 pre order [UK]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gusping, Sep 14, 2014.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

Hi

I was wondering how many people pre ordered their iPhone 6 from EE, which model they went for and when they were told they would receive the phone.

I ordered a space grey iPhone 6 64gb.

2. quackers82 macrumors 6502

Im going to say a lot since it caused the web site to be down for most of Friday, with long queues on the phone during the day. Amused me later in the afternoon when to get there web page up they changed it to a static list of iPhone 6 models with please call on, that was when EE became a iPhone shop :D .

3. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Their website was AWFUL. I waited an hour on the phone and luckily got through and managed to get one! Poor service by EE Though :p

4. Chronus macrumors regular

I bought my 6+ 64GB direct from Apple and ordered a shared sim for my wife along with a 6+ 64GB. I currently pay £37.99 for 20GB (everything else unlimited) and my wife's sim will cost £38 pm to share my pool of data (again, along with unlimited everything else). She also paid an upfront cost of £299.99 for the phone.

Very happy with EE deals and their network.

The guy said he couldn't guarantee the 19th for delivery but it 'should be'. Hopefully we will both receive each of our phones on Friday.

5. Ayr macrumors 6502

EE's website was down the longest from what I could tell. Even on Friday evening I still couldn't get in to it. Went with O2 anyway, but was super keen on EE for the EU free data roaming stuff..

6. Chronus macrumors regular

EE don't do free eu data roaming. They just allow you to use minutes and texts in the EU providing you are on their 4GEE Extra tariffs. You have to buy bundles of data to use in the EU.

7. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Phone ordered mine on Friday morning no problems.

Not had no confirmation email for the order, or receipt for the up front costs. I think I'll call them tomorrow just to make sure there's nothing wrong.

Anyone else have confirmation?

8. Chronus macrumors regular

Nope me neither, did call into a store yesterday but the saleswoman said nothing exists yet, but you will get a sms when the phone is about to be dispatched. And My EE app has this -£299.99 in my billing section.

9. dtuck90 macrumors regular

I've upgraded to EE from T Mobile but through buymobiles.net. Got the EE Extra tariff for £39 and iphone 6 64gb for £120. Couldn't argue with that really.

Does anyone that's previously upgraded from T Mobile to EE know how long it takes for your online account on EE to switch to the new tariff?

10. Ayr macrumors 6502

Oh interesting. I thought if you had say 20GB data on your monthly sub that you could also use it in EU.

11. Chronus macrumors regular

Unfortunately not. I have the 20GB bundle and a recent holiday to Gran Canaria I was ushered to buy data. But sometimes it did work whilst we were out on trips etc and was never promoted to buy a bundle. I ended up using 40MB and have never been charged for it :)

12. n1ck macrumors member

I got 16GB 6+ with 4GB / unltd / unltd EE extra for £43.99 / month and £109 up front as an upgrade via CPW - seems to be a saving of £90 on the new contract price! :D

13. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

I preordered mine by phone around 10 after giving up on the website, I had one in my basket for 2 hours but kept failing checkout. Ordered a 6+ 128GB space grey. Bloke told me 30 days but said it should be launch, but they'd been told to state 30 days, he said DPD would text me the day before delivery. No email or text confirmation just a text customer survey. I can see the price has been added to my bill as a credit when I log in though. Fully expecting not to get my phone on Friday though, seeing as there seems to be such a shortage of the 6+

14. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

I just checked my company credit card and they have taken the deposit costs. They couldn't get it to go through when I was actually on the phone due to amount of traffic. So guess I'll wait for the courier text confirming delivery.

15. gingerpaul macrumors member

Hi I pre ordered an iphone 6 plus 64gb black in the EE store lakeside essex on Friday 12th with £10 deposit for a PAYG handset to buy outright rather than pay my year left line rental on £46 pm, they said I t will be in store for collection on the 19th, anyone else done this.

16. m11rphy macrumors 6502

Same shop and same phone for me, going on the £48 monthly plan tho

17. gingerpaul macrumors member

Never had an issue in that EE store so far, hoping I get it on launch day though it's gonna be a long week

18. paulio11 macrumors newbie

Hi

Has anyone had any more updates regarding their orders with EE? I ordered a iP6 (64gb space grey) as an upgrade late Friday afternoon.

I have since received two emails; the first with my confirmation, order number and the heading "Order Referred", and the second plain text email which said "Your order has been processed".

Has anyone received any further information? My EE account page on the website shows no evidence of an upgrade, still showing my old contract details and still offering an upgrade - is this normal?

Thanks!

19. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm in the same situation. No info on my account. I ordered over the phone and have received just one confirmation email. Just have to wait till Thursday to check for a text.

20. Azzin macrumors 68040

Were you maybe thinking of 3?

They have a policy called "Feel at Home", where you can use whatever data/voice/text allowance you have in 16 countries (inc France & USA) as if you were in the UK.

I think there's a data limit of 25 gig or something and no tethering, but it's still a great deal.

21. paulio11 macrumors newbie

Thanks. Always good to know I'm not the only one.

22. beatledud macrumors 6502

I ordered an iPhone 6 64GB Grey from EE on Sunday night. I called the sales team on the phone to order because I wanted to inquire about a specific question.

I had to manually give them my email address just before the call ended and asked for a confirmation email. Got none. Called Monday morning they said the system was backed up and I'd get an email later in the day but my order had gone through and I would be getting it on the 19th. Got home, no email, called at 8pm and spoke to another rep and he said the original person had to send an email out and he couldn't resend, but he would just write up an email manually with my order info and account number and send in 10 minutes. That didn't happen so I called again at 9:45pm and the guy did it while I was on the phone. Email wasn't formal, but it was some record of the purchase.

It sounds like there just isn't a system for email confirmation which is ridiculous. But everyone I talked to was very polite, just either uniformed or didn't want to tell me they couldn't send an email.

I was told by all of them it went through, I'd get it on the 19th, and I'd get a text to my current mobile when it gets dispatched with a tracking number. My bank has taken he money out too.

FYI I went with the £330 upfront with £34/mo 4GB double 4GEE speed plan with unlimited texts/minutes. I had preordered with Apple on Friday with 7-10 delivery date. However after comparing costs vs buying the phone outright and getting a sim-only OR getting is subsidized with Three, EE, and O2 I was surprised to find it was the same overall price or I could save over £150 or more in the end. With the EE plan they still showed delivery on release day, had faster 4G, and best combo of modest upfront pay and cheap monthly plans, and I saved nearly £100 over their sim only deals and phone straight from Apple.

Lastly I was able to negotiate a data bump to 10GB for the same 4GB price as I already had EE home broadband. Technically its only for new broadband customers who sign up at the same time as mobile, but I argued that the terminology on their website did not suggest that and they agreed to bump me after some convincing. So 10GB for £34/mo!

23. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, i got the same deal as you (4GB though) for £28 a month and £410 up front. Can't wait!

24. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Just spoke with EE regarding my order as I'd not received any confirmation email despite the money having been taken.

They said at the moment ALL orders are just down as ready to be picked up so there's no way of them confirming delivery dates yet. I guess we'll find out tomorrow when the texts start going out form the couriers.

25. beatledud, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

beatledud macrumors 6502

I think its all going to be fine and they will go out tomorrow. UK isn't that big of a country, should be able to handle next-day delivery pretty easily.