Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eason85

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2017
Hong Kong
How can you even read my post and come up with such an incredible reply? You don't need to twist someone's words into something the opposite of what they said. You don't need to be a terrible human being and low quality person. We have enough of those on the internet who don't care about peace or the mental health of others. You waste your energy and my energy and the electricity of half a dozen servers in between.

No offense meant because I do care about your mental health, but what is actually wrong with you?

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
No offense meant because I do care about your mental health, but what is actually wrong with you?

You are being abusive after I was made angry by someone who deliberately twisted what I said into something completely different. What has happened in your life to make you think it is OK gang up on a person and be off-topic?

Last edited:

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
The ti book was my second Mac. It was super expensive to me at the time but I loved it and really convinced me about Apple (I was still on the fence having bought the original white MacBook which I was a little disappointed with).
But as others have said the build quality was average but it did stand out amongst the competition at the time. The bezels look great on it still!

D3ggy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2019
My first mac was a Ti MacBook, absolutely loved it. After 2 days I wondered why I had ever been a windows user.

Reactions: richinaus

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
The Titanium PowerBook is still my favorite Apple designed computer. Yes, it's not as refined and durable as the computers that followed it, but when you look at the generation before it, it was revolutionary. It started the widescreen aspect ratio, the slot loading drive, the contrasting keyboard and case color scheme. I still love how the 'sleep' indicator was designed into the center of the hinge and could be seen when the screen was both open and closed. The design has aged surprisingly well to me, it still looks modern in many ways. I attached an image of the G3 Powerbook to show how distinct the G4 design was when released, there was nothing like it.
Powerbook.jpg

2013-06-02-tibook.png

D3ggy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2019
When mine, after being used by other family members, died from a broken screen I stripped it for parts and sold it for more than I could have sold a working one

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I miss my g4, but not the performance. Apple built a user experience into those that made it feel like it wanted to do what YOU WANTED instead of being a dark overlord locked down by SIP and Gatekeeper. They were great laptops and I’ve enjoyed the ride over the last 15 years going from ibooks to rev a macbooks..... g4 ti to mbp, and all the rest that came along. I’ve bought them all and they have gotten better, but somewhere along the way the freedom of that 1984 individuality has faded into a corporate built OS with zero ability to make your own.

Reactions: Queen6

Eason85

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2017
Hong Kong
You are being abusive after I was made angry by someone who deliberately twisted what I said into something completely different. What has happened in your life to make you think it is OK gang up on a person and be off-topic?
They were literally your exact words, which you then disavowed and played victim. You are not a victim. Stop it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.