Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polzii

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Lol, actually I think the price is still too high for this case, maybe because they're only available on this site two weeks ago. I think give them a couple more weeks the price should come down a bit more. Still' I'm very happy with the price I paid and the performance of this case.

I think the site is down for maintenance or something but here's the link anyway: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...ne-4-bumper-Deff-Cleave-case-wholesalers.html

Sounds good, I'll be patient

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Vapor Pro silver/silver on order

The photos on this thread of the silver/silver on a black iPhone were just too much to resist! 10% coupon for registering my email did not hurt either.

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
I receive my 10% off notice after my order was shipped. That would have saved me 40 bucks. I wonder will they make it retro? I shouldn't have to order again. 40 bucks is 40 bucks. That's like 500 gummy bears

polzii

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
I receive my 10% off notice after my order was shipped. That would have saved me 40 bucks. I wonder will they make it retro? I shouldn't have to order again. 40 bucks is 40 bucks. That's like 500 gummy bears

Thanks for the laughs WhiteRhino, cheers :D

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
here is mine with suede on the back ....have a carbonfiber before but suede is a way better and have much more grip!

img1136lb.jpg
img1106vg.jpg
img1149xl.jpg

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
one interesting question, do you hold your vapor pro spectra with your left hand or right hand?

gcarlucci

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
Herndon, VA
here is mine with suede on the back ....have a carbonfiber before but suede is a way better and have much more grip!

Is the suede backing a piece of cloth with the adhesive on it. or is there also something that makes it rigid? Looks sharp. I can imagine the feel of it being pleasant.

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Is the suede backing a piece of cloth with the adhesive on it. or is there also something that makes it rigid? Looks sharp. I can imagine the feel of it being pleasant.

Yes it a piece of cloth with the adhesive on it. You can remove it several times and back it without loosing a adhesive. .... it's very thin too ....

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Black Ops good with my Verizon iPhone

I have had the Black Ops bumper since the first week they were released (early April), and have had no issues with it. I am using a Verizon iPhone. I have noticed some anomalies with the GPS while on the freeway, or while in areas with no clear view of the sky, but I am not sure if those are normal anomalies or not.

I tried the suede back, but changed it to the carbon fiber one. I also added one clear caseback cover between the phone back and the carbon fiber cover such that it was closer to the edge of the case. I did not like the .5mm drop between the case edge and the carbon fiber back.

In all, the Black Ops bumper appears to work well.

-Sheldon

King Julian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just telling you guys my experience. I think I've bought enough original aluminum cases to know about quality. This case's finish is much better than the "original" alumacase and the Sabre. Also no signal issues and GPS is spot on.
I didn't want to post this case on this thread but just to prove to you how nice it looks.;)

Nice photos, I have just looked on the site but couldn't find it. You wouldn't have a link would you.

EDIT:Strike that just seen your link

Last edited:

Kenji458

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2011
Wonder what the next Vapor Pro limited edition would look like, since elementcase's answer to this qns on facebook was 'yes'.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Nice photos, I have just looked on the site but couldn't find it. You wouldn't have a link would you.

EDIT:Strike that just seen your link

Ok, hold on before you place an order for it. After using it for three days and compare it with my wife's iphone with an apple bumper, I noticed this case would lose anywhere from 0 to -15db compare with the bumper indoors. As for outdoors it would be the same. As for gps, I don't know what's wrong but the first day I had the case on it was spot on , but yesterday I try it again and it wasn't so great. It would bounce around and can't really have a good lock on my positions.I'll try to test it for a few more days and I'll give you an update.

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
Maybe you are getting these results because you went the bootleg route instead of buying the real thing?? I only say this because everyone who has bought one from Element has had no issues like this. Some times going the cheap way is no the best way.
Ok, hold on before you place an order for it. After using it for three days and compare it with my wife's iphone with an apple bumper, I noticed this case would lose anywhere from 0 to -15db compare with the bumper indoors. As for outdoors it would be the same. As for gps, I don't know what's wrong but the first day I had the case on it was spot on , but yesterday I try it again and it wasn't so great. It would bounce around and can't really have a good lock on my positions.I'll try to test it for a few more days and I'll give you an update.

Kenji458

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2011
Maybe you are getting these results because you went the bootleg route instead of buying the real thing?? I only say this because everyone who has bought one from Element has had no issues like this. Some times going the cheap way is no the best way.

I thought he was talking about his draco oem; and not elementcase..
post# 3242

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane

He is just providing an update on a case he bought which is not even from Element nor is it an Element knockoff. I don't see why you have to be so defensive when it comes to anything related to Element. :rolleyes:

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
Yes, kaikai830 was talking about a case that was, as der-kaiser stated above, not an Element nor an Element knockoff - it was an entirely different aluminum case. I wonder if Q/A about that case would be better in it's own thread rather than thrown into the middle of a thread about an entirely different case.

On topic, my Element case is out for delivery today. Can't wait to get it!

Last edited:

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
Yes, kaikai830 was talking about a case that was, as der-kaiser stated above, not an Element nor an Element knockoff - it was an entirely different aluminum case. I wonder if Q/A about that case would be better in it's own thread rather than thrown into the middle of a thread about an entirely different case.

Nice! Mine shipped out a few days before yours so hopefully, we'll both get it soon. I have no concern whatsoever about the reception but I am anxiously awaiting to test out the GPS.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I just ordered a Vapor 4! Super excited to get it, should be here in a couple days. :)

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Nice! Mine shipped out a few days before yours so hopefully, we'll both get it soon. I have no concern whatsoever about the reception but I am anxiously awaiting to test out the GPS.

Yea, I really don't understand about the gps issue. First time I tried it was perfect. I'll test it again this week just to confirm.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010

Sorry about that. I know posting this here would confuse some people. But I already post about it the other day here praising it. So I just wanted to update my experience and wouldn't want anybody to blame me for misleading them once they order and didn't work to their expectations.

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
My bad man. I thought since you posted in the Element thread you were talking about it. You did mention the knockoff so I assumed you were talking about it. I am not getting defensive about anything, if people would post in the correct thread, this stuff would not happen!! No offense kaikai!!
Sorry about that. I know posting this here would confuse some people. But I already post about it the other day here praising it. So I just wanted to update my experience and wouldn't want anybody to blame me for misleading them once they order and didn't work to their expectations.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC

That actually makes sense - thanks for doing that. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.