End of Jailbreaks & Unlocks???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by merics, Mar 24, 2011.

1. merics macrumors member

Well, IOS4.3.1 just around the corner. Promised unlock after IOS4.3 release nowhere to be seen. Do you think we've seen the end of jailbreaks and unlocks?

2. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

You're crazy if you think that.

3. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Yep.. all over. Please ship me your iPad. Its useless now :rolleyes:

4. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Absolutely not. Work is progressing on an untethered 4.3 jailbreak as we speak, it can already be jailbroken. I'd imagine with 4.3.1 imminent nothing will happen until after that point. Best to keep Apple in the dark about any exploits so as not to waste them.

Unlocks are another story entirely. I don't think we've seen the last of Ultrasn0w but I do think the release cycle will slow.

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Spoken like someone who has owned an iphone for a month and only just learned what jailbreaking and unlocking means.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, that’s it. Apple finally figured us out. Oh noooooo!

7. merics thread starter macrumors member

Not that I was leaning one way or the other, just interesting that we're near another IOS update of which should require Dev folks to once more, put on the breaks. Maybe this is one of Apple's tactics, get the word out of upcoming update and make them frequent.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I don't think there will be an end to jailbreak or unlocks for a long time at least. It's fact to say the release is getting longer and longer though.

9. merics thread starter macrumors member

Point taken. But when you say slow; how different is slow vs losing ability to unlock. Are phones such a piece of tech that they have infinite holes and can always be unlocked?

10. merics thread starter macrumors member

Far from truth. 1st gen iPhone owner, have had iPhone 4 since mid-January when I did the trade-in from 3GS. I'm currently stationed abroad, just looking to one day pull the sim card from my Nokia and use the 4.

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

>mon visage cuand

you have implied such improbable thing.

Attached Files:

12. merics thread starter macrumors member

True, lets be honest here, back in the day, quick as Apple dropped an update, break & unlock quickly followed. So doesn't that mean Apple is getting the upper hand.

I ask; how many times of your home being broken into before you eventually close all means. The point here is, the iPhone is Apple's product, sure it gets broken / unlocked, but wouldn't Apple eventually get the upper hand, completely.

13. labman, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Maybe Dev hackers are sick of all the whinny bastards out there! ;) they decided to have lives instead. :eek: this is what I think will eventually kill the hacking scene. :( keep in mind there is 400-500mb of code to go though with he update looking for a hole in the program. Apple also learns from the hackers as well as the other way. it's on thing to find a exploit quite another to write software so any idiot can use it. they said a 4.3 jb was coming out end of the week, I gonna say postponed till 4.3.1 update in a week or two.

14. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Good God, that's some terrible English right there.

I think the jb scene is just as active as it was before (im including tethered jailbreaks). Unlocks have always been rare but apparently with the newest iPhone, we may only see one per device. They are always more difficult to do.

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

[​IMG]

why thank you! you have a great day!

16. merics thread starter macrumors member

Lol, I was thinking the same an also add that long way was taken to agree with my orig post.

17. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Wow, it's like im talking to a child.

And for the record, im not particularly picky about these things but your post was just awful. A few misspelled words or lack of punctuation/capitalization is perfectly fine.

But what you wrote is an ugly mix of smiley faces and run-on sentences that make no sense. Oh, and

punctuation; Learn? To. Use, It!

18. X2468 macrumors regular

No.

It's a double edge sword for Apple.

On one hand a user unlocking the phone frees them to enjoy features that Apple does not offer. Thereby removing Apples control over the device, a real problem for Apple on a variety of levels. In this context it's something Apple dislikes.

On the other hand, putting a stop to it would alienate Apple enthusiasts that buy Apples computers and other products. Upsetting these people would not be very wise.

In addition sooner or later one can generally hack into any system, at least as far as we've witnessed to date. If Apple announced it was no longer possible, that would provide the highest level of motivation any hacker would need to redouble his or her efforts to gain access.

It's the users desire to have complete control over the iPhone.

Jailbreaking satisfies the tech enthusiasts craving for a customized Apple phone.

Ironically it's that same desire to customize, that Apple lovers criticize about those who prefer Android.

19. merics thread starter macrumors member

Good points. I'm just one of many personnel that own the iPhone, stationed overseas simply looking to use it with local companies then once back stateside, plop our ATT and/or Verizon sim cards back in.

20. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Kind of ironic that you're fighting so they can keep their freedom yet they lock your phone down so you can't use it during the fight.

21. labman macrumors 604

labman

Ok very sorry thank you for your advice! again have a great day. I'm sorry I will try to improve!

22. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Its a chat room not a formal letter. I'm pretty sure the IQ level of this forum is above normal especially labman. This is the equivalent of speaking casually.

23. 24usedtorock macrumors regular

Take jailbreak out of his post and he'd be quite sane.

It would be foolish of anyone to think unlocking will be reliable going forward through new generations of the phone when it seems almost certain we will have went from iPhone 4 to 5+ without one.

Still waiting for Musclenerd to save the day. :eek:

24. jdaniel macrumors 65816

agreed !

25. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Mainly because if they release a jailbreak now, it could easily be patched when Apple release 4.3.1. (We all know 4.3.0 has a battery issue that Apple has to fix)