Engadget's pic sums it up good

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Audi09, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Audi09 macrumors member

Hello Galaxy SII
    a "new" iphone is already outdated
    [​IMG]

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Now only if the Galaxy s2 didn't feel like a piece of plastic crap.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

iPhone may still a lot because there's a shiny Apple logo on it.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

As much as I'd like to agree with you and that picture, especially since I have the Galaxy S II, iOS is still a more stable and fluid OS. And the SII feels cheap, not flimsy, but the plastic doesn't give off a premium feel. Also, even though it has a very powerful processor, it still doesn't feel as fluid when web browsing and scrolling in general, but I think this is more of a "problem" with Android in general.

5. Krandor macrumors 6502

I thought a "spec bump" wasn't good enough and it had to be "innovation" but then you post a picture all about specs.

6. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

It's people like you that don't realize that popular brand names have a reputation with good products. I don't see people buying everything with a windows logo on it. :rolleyes:

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Funny thing is, the Titan has the worst specs on paper and WP7 still has the most fluid experience :eek: It's all about optimization I guess

8. naths macrumors 6502

But the 4S has just been released and the SGS2 is due for replacement,SGS3(quad-core,edge to edge screen etc) yet alone the Nexus Prime,so next year when Apple finally releases a phone with similar specs to these 2,samsung will have moved the bar a lot higher by then.....face it it s not a massive change is it...all they have done is caught up with the opposition,except the opposition is only weeks,not 12 months away from even higher spec phones,and not forgetting ICS as well....

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

People like me research their products before buying it. I have tried BB, Android, and WP7 before and they don't work for me based on my needs. However, a lot of people do buy the iPhone mainly because it's an Apple product, believe it or not.

10. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

So is the iPhone RAM still unknown?

I thought it was 1 GB?

11. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Lol yeah, but then again, WP7 is basic in comparison. Mango is really helping, but WP7 still has a little ways to go.

12. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

That's my point though, it's all based on reputation. I do research too and though the iPhone's specs may not be up to par with other phones, the combination of hardware and software "agreement" makes it a fluid device.

13. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Not seeing where you're getting "outdated" from. :rolleyes:

14. ppilone, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

ppilone macrumors 6502

I'm not trying to defend the 4S but this chart has 3 rows that have an "Unknown" listed for the 4S.

15. JerZyT28 macrumors regular

Enjoy the Samsung! I just feel that people should just stop bitchin and moanin...if Apple has let you down by not announcing the iPhone 5, then hell, either be happy with the 4, 4GS, or just move on to another phone!

16. naths macrumors 6502

for the average user...yes....im not,i do a lot of business on my phone,and to be perfectly honest the iPhone could not hack it!!...screen size,flash..so i use the SGS2...suits my needs a lot better than the iPhone does,the 4S is without doubt a great phone,and is as good as the others listed above...except the screen size,unfortunately the way to go seems to for at least 4" screens,and they missed the boat with staying at 3.5"....

17. ryuok macrumors regular

Outdated only if you look at it from a pure hardware spec perspective (I'm not even going to talk about design, for which Apple is years ahead). As an iPhone user, you should know that an iPhone is much more than just the hardware.

18. iamthedudeman macrumors 65816

besides the screen size, how are the iphone 4S specs inferior. The A5 beats out most if not all of the others as far as processing goes. Actually the Gpu destroys the others. The camera is on par or better with the digital compass.

Did they move ahead, no it was disappointing. Will the competition move ahead of them yes they will.

But if you can get past the screen size, the update is quite good. Not good enough in my opinion.

19. PhoneI macrumors 65816

don't care about that chart, the iPhone 4 screens blows away the S2. I have both of them side by side now and there is no comparison.

20. ppilone macrumors 6502

^ This. Even if the A5 is clocked slower than any other mobile processor iOS 5 will still provide the best mobile experience. That's what is important. Apple knows this.

21. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

the sgs2 may feel cheaper, but its lighter, more hard wearing and more grippable than 4's glass. Had the sgs2 for a few months though, loved the camera and speed, android just isnt for me. Sticking with my 4

22. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Thats what I want to know too? It hasnt been printed anywhere but Im guessing yes since its the same as the Ipad2

23. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I only count 2? Battery and RAM, what's the third? I think the RAM is meant to be 1GB, not 512 mb.

Also, to be honest the 4S should win on battery life, Apple always does a great job there

24. EddyP macrumors 6502

:d