Enough Politics: Help Me Name My WiFi

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
You heard me.

I've just got a new WiFi router, and the factory default name sucks. Post your ideas for SSID names in here, and I'll honour the best one by choosing it as the name of my new WiFi point.

I'll connect to this network every day, and no doubt neighbours and passers by will see it - so think of something good!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
You heard me.

I've just got a new WiFi router, and the factory default name sucks. Post your ideas for SSID names in here, and I'll honour the best one by choosing it as the name of my new WiFi point.

I'll connect to this network every day, and no doubt neighbours and passers by will see it - so think of something good!
You may want to give a look at this thread:

Post Your Funny WiFi Router Names

Lot's of ideas in there. For the record though, I am quite unoriginal and my WiFi SSID is Air Port.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
One question to ask is do you have any theme naming going on with your computers.

For example, my computers are named after Star Trek federation Star ships.
My old laptop was the USS Voyager, my current Laptop is the USS Titian, my desktop USS Prometheus, my Linux box is USS Aventine.

As for wifi router names I always choose ones named after federation space station. I had Deep Space 9, Deep Space 7, and Jupiter Station

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
You heard me.

I would name it so that is very similar to your neighbors

example
if your neighbors wifi is named roots yours would be ro0ts or r00ts or r0ots

Should be fun :D

SlugBlanket

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
You heard me.

Just for a short while, why not name it

KONY 2012

Google this to find out why, or watch the YouTube video if you are not aware of it already. It is apolitical rather than political but I think it's for a worthwhile cause, you might think so also. The YouTube link is here for your convenience

Last edited: