Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thoroughly enjoyed a coffee - made from a blend of my own devising of two different "natural" (that is, naturally processed) Ethiopian coffees - this morning, served with organic hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
This morning's coffee was comprised of a blend of two "natural" (naturally processed, naturally sun dried, the older, more labour intensive and time consuming method of processing coffee, as opposed to "washed" coffees) coffees from Ethiopia, a blend of my own devising, served with organic hot milk and a dash of organic double cream.

Last edited:

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
What type, country, processed method ("natural", or "washed" or "honey processed")?

How do you like to prepare it?

Anyway, do enjoy.

alas, no honey processed in this order.....but there's some "natural" from El Salvador (a light roast), some "washed" from Hawaii (medium roast), and some "wet hulled" from PGN (medium roast)

I still have a small amount still to finish from last month's order......a very nice coffee from Rwanda.

I'm now using a Hario Switch, doing the immersion brew option, unless I forget to close the switch in which case it's a pour over. It's the best mix of ease and consistency I've found for my morning coffee.....especially on those "uh...where's the kitchen?!?" mornings.

No milk or sugar

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
alas, no honey processed in this order.....but there's some "natural" from El Salvador (a light roast), some "washed" from Hawaii (medium roast), and some "wet hulled" from PGN (medium roast)

I still have a small amount still to finish from last month's order......a very nice coffee from Rwanda.

I'm now using a Hario Switch, doing the immersion brew option, unless I forget to close the switch in which case it's a pour over. It's the best mix of ease and consistency I've found for my morning coffee.....especially on those "uh...where's the kitchen?!?" mornings.

No milk or sugar
Brilliant; I hope that you enjoy them all.

A "natural" coffee from El Salvador ticks a great many of my boxes - I don't think I have ever encountered one that I didn't like, and have enjoyed quite a few that I really loved.

Now, I have never had a coffee from Hawaii - that is one type of coffee we just don't get to see (or sip, or savour, or sample) in Europe.

Enjoy the coffee from Rwanda - some of their stuff is excellent.

What is PGN?

Reactions: Macky-Mac

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Brilliant; I hope that you enjoy them all.

A "natural" coffee from El Salvador ticks a great many of my boxes - I don't think I have ever encountered one that I didn't like, and have enjoyed quite a few that I really loved.

Now, I have never had a coffee from Hawaii - that is one type of coffee we just don't get to see (or sip, or savour, or sample) in Europe.

Enjoy the coffee from Rwanda - some of their stuff is excellent.

What is PGN?

opps....I got the those initials out of order. It should have been PNG for Papua New Guinea. It's a very nice coffee; notes of dark chocolate and cherry. It's a coffee that I learned about in this thread.

Coffee has been grown in Hawaii from back in the 19th century. The Kona district has been the main source but over the last couple of decades there's been something of a "craft coffee" development of new areas and techniques producing some really excellent coffees.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
opps....I got the those initials out of order. It should have been PNG for Papua New Guinea. It's a very nice coffee; notes of dark chocolate and cherry. It's a coffee that I learned about in this thread.

Ah, yes; that makes total sense; thanks for the explanation.
Coffee has been grown in Hawaii from back in the 19th century. The Kona district has been the main source but over the last couple of decades there's been something of a "craft coffee" development of new areas and techniques producing some really excellent coffees.
Yes, some of the people who write here (and whose comments I read with interest) have written about coffee from Hawaii, and I gather that some of this coffee is very highly rated and very well regarded; I'd love to have the opportunity to try some, but, unfortunately, I have never seen it anywhere in Europe (or Africa, or central Asia, where I have also worked).

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have just savoured a thoroughly enjoyable Ethiopian coffee (a blend of my own devising of two naturally processed coffees), with organic hot milk, croissants, with butter and French black cherry jam, and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.

Reactions: decafjava

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Enjoying a Mexican 4x Espresso greatly, while watching our biathlon guys doing their best.

Meanwhile I wait for my little heater to warm up my computer/yoga room. Bet I will get a more consistence practice with this too. Who the fu%#ck want to do yoga freezing 🥶

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I have just savoured a thoroughly enjoyable Ethiopian coffee (a blend of my own devising of two naturally processed coffees), with organic hot milk, croissants, with butter and French black cherry jam, and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.
Oh that sounds like heaven!
Enjoying a Mexican 4x Espresso greatly, while watching our biathlon guys doing their best.

Meanwhile I wait for my little heater to warm up my computer/yoga room. Bet I will get a more consistence practice with this too. Who the fu%#ck want to do yoga freezing 🥶
Mexican beans I have not had in a long time, and the heater is a great idea.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
just the thing to have with morning coffee.....although I've become a sucker for raspberry jam myself

Actually, I adore raspberry jam, especially homemade (positively laden with fruit) raspberry jam; delicious.

But, a few weeks ago, I spotted a jar of French black cherry jam winking at me in the cheesemonger's; what can I say?

It found its way into my basket.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thoroughly enjoying my second coffee of the day: Ethiopian (a blend - of my own devising - of two "naturally processed" coffees from Ethiopia) with organic hot milk and a dash of organic double cream).

This sort of afternoon treat tends to happen only in really cold weather, or dark, dreary dismal weather, or insanely wet, weather. In other words, in winter.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
A4070C52-C33B-4A4A-9A6C-1C9EB7786D4F.jpeg
Got this 6 months ago, but never showed it off here so: A Cafelat Robot manual espresso maker.

It’s actually my only espresso maker, since I usually do pour-overs or use an Aeropress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.