Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
Unfortunately they didn’t do everything possible. For example, by letting people buy two iPhone Xs at launch despite the dearth of stock, Apple helped supply scalpers. Just check any website where individuals can sell electronics you’ll find plenty of iPhone Xs at marked up prices (sometimes for a pair). Also this 6am reservation system... why not give priority for those units to people who pre-ordered weeks ago instead of whomever just decided to get an iPhone X who has a relatively fast connection and good reflexes? And why is the US market so much better supplied?
While I totally understand your sentiment and frustration, is not a viable option to block all in-store sales (and reserve & pick-up / lotteries) until all pre-orders are fulfilled. If that was the case, then in it would be like saying that pre-orders sales start from Nov 3rd and store sales start Dec 3rd or whenever pre-orders are all delivered 100%. And it's not like stores outside the US get hundreds of units each. It's just a handful and then they are picked up immediately. So it's more like internal pre-orders of few units being delivered to the stores.

Relatively fast internet connection and good reflexes is what helped us in getting the pre-orders through too. So anyone who didn't have either or just was unlucky with pre-orders is given a second chance (actually many chances) with what you call a 'lottery'.

When we completed our pre-orders, Apple committed to a delivery date and we agreed to it. And we all agree that Apple would fulfil that commitment... and in most cases, even exceed the commitment by delivering earlier than promised. If they were to delay the pre-orders while selling the phones in stores, then that would something to complain about.

Besides, the 6am reservation is not true for Netherlands (I think you're from NL from our earlier conversation). Stocks appear (and promptly disappear) many times throughout the day. At least over the last 2 days, the stocks become available around midnight, then around 6-7 am and then around 11am-12pm. Many chances to test your good reflexes...Good luck :)

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
So true. Keep us posted if you get a reply
This is the Google translation to the e-mail:

Dear Sergio,

Thanks for contacting Apple.

As you tell us in your email, you want more details about the process of sending your order W45xxxxxxx.

I have reviewed your request, and it will be a pleasure to assist you.

The iPhone X is, as you know, a new launch product. In these cases, you must order the manufacture of your unit, and the product is sent from a factory that is outside of Europe.

Sometimes, the demand is higher than expected, which makes shipping and delivery dates longer than usual.

The shipping estimate is the period that the product takes to leave the factory to you. We indicate this information because even before the order goes to you it is, for example, possible to cancel the order. Also, because the invoice is issued at the time of shipment. This is information that is useful for many customers. In this case, the delivery forecast is three weeks.

The estimated delivery date is when we expect the order to be delivered to the address you have indicated. The estimated delivery dates for your order are between November 21, 2017 and November 28, 2017.

Of course, we always do everything possible to reduce these estimated deadlines and make the delivery of the order as soon as possible.

I apologize for any confusion that may have created this data. I can assure you that our efforts are focused on all our customers receiving their orders as soon as possible.

Of course, I leave a record of your discontent. At Apple, we always take into account the opinions of our customers, as they help us improve the service.

I reiterate our apologies and I want you to know that we are doing our best.

Best regards,

Liber | Apple Online Store | Apple Distribution International
Spain 900 150 503 | Help to buy: http://www.apple.com/shop/help | Order tracking: http://www.apple.com/shop/orderstatus

Frmorell

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2017
Hi from Spain.

I ordered an Iphone X 64 GB. Estimated delivery 11/27. The window they gave me was 11/ 21-28. and my status right now is "processing item" and never change.

Anybody with the same window like me. when do you thing it change?

saludos

Reactions: servalpe

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Hi from Spain.

I ordered an Iphone X 64 GB. Estimated delivery 11/27. The window they gave me was 11/ 21-28. and my status right now is "processing item" and never change.

saludos

I am also from Spain and have the same situation. It seems that seeing the delivery dates for 13-20 Nov in North Europe being dispatched around tomorrow and the prepare for shipping in some Centre Europe 21-28 Nov dates, we will have our mobiles at the end of next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: silvermx5

knuster

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2009
Belgium, 20-27 nov, still processing... :(

My friend from France had a 21-28 nov Delivery range, and it's in PFS since 4pm
Same here! Also belgium 20-27 still processing....
Ive seen a few belgian 20-27 who are in PFS as of this evening....
Hope ours change aswell

silvermx5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi from Spain.

saludos

Portugal. SG 64. Window 22-29 Nov. No update stil in "processing item". I expect it to move by early next week.

Dualica 01

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
Have any of the other scandinavians seen any movement of their orders? My phone is in ‘shipment information received’ with DHL in Eindhoven since 13:40 this afternoon... Delivery is supposed to be tomorrow, 09.11.

*impatient*

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Have any of the other scandinavians seen any movement of their orders? My phone is in ‘shipment information received’ with DHL in Eindhoven since 13:40 this afternoon... Delivery is supposed to be tomorrow, 09.11.

*impatient*
Congratulations, mate ;)

Reactions: Dualica 01

g3nu1n3

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2017

*impatient*

Same here. But about an hour ago it reached Brussel. Got a text-message from DHL and i will recieve it tomorrow! Norway... My window was 13-20 nov.

elhungarian

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2009
Holy crap! I just reserved one for pickup SG256! I’m in Germany. Can’t believe I finally snagged a friggin reservation.

underladders

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
Spain
iPhone X is currently available in BCN and Madrid. All models, except 256 GB SG. I have reserved my Silver 64 GB one to pick up tomorrow on the store.

Yep, I'm picking up a Silver 256 tomorrow. Kinda anxious about my preorder, though. I should cancel it because, with my luck, I can see it moving into PFS in the next 12h and not being able to cancel anymore, but I won't believe tomorrow's pick-up until I see it...

Reactions: elhungarian

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Yep, I'm picking up a Silver 256 tomorrow. Kinda anxious about my preorder, though. I should cancel it because, with my luck, I can see it moving into PFS in the next 12h and not being able to cancel anymore, but I won't believe tomorrow's pick-up until I see it...
I have to cancel it too, but I think that I will do when I have all the confirmation to get the mobile on the store, tomorrow ;)

MjWoNeR

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Sweden
256GB Silver and Sweden here. Apple finally went through with the transaction 6 hours ago and the money were transferred from my bank.
I have a 13-20 delivery window but I guess it’s too much to hope for a delivery this week.

underladders

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
Spain
I have to cancel it too, but I think that I will do when I have all the confirmation to get the mobile on the store, tomorrow ;)

Yeah, I'm going to wait until I'm sure I'm getting that X tomorrow. If my CC is charged for the preordered phone, then I guess I'll just return it.

Finurliig

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2017
Earth
Congratulations, mate ;)

*impatient*
Yes, Sweden here: ”departed facility in Copenhagen” on the DHL page at 05:41. It should arrive before lunch today.

fotuwe

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
I pre-ordered two X 256GB space grey - 9:06 Germany. Delivery date 21.11-28.11.
My bank sent me an notification yesterday afternoon that the money was blocked for apple.

The order is now on "preparing for shipping" - delivery date didnt change yet.
Does Apple send their units from europe?

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
While I totally understand your sentiment and frustration, is not a viable option to block all in-store sales (and reserve & pick-up / lotteries) until all pre-orders are fulfilled. If that was the case, then in it would be like saying that pre-orders sales start from Nov 3rd and store sales start Dec 3rd or whenever pre-orders are all delivered 100%. And it's not like stores outside the US get hundreds of units each. It's just a handful and then they are picked up immediately. So it's more like internal pre-orders of few units being delivered to the stores.

Relatively fast internet connection and good reflexes is what helped us in getting the pre-orders through too. So anyone who didn't have either or just was unlucky with pre-orders is given a second chance (actually many chances) with what you call a 'lottery'.

When we completed our pre-orders, Apple committed to a delivery date and we agreed to it. And we all agree that Apple would fulfil that commitment... and in most cases, even exceed the commitment by delivering earlier than promised. If they were to delay the pre-orders while selling the phones in stores, then that would something to complain about.

Besides, the 6am reservation is not true for Netherlands (I think you're from NL from our earlier conversation). Stocks appear (and promptly disappear) many times throughout the day. At least over the last 2 days, the stocks become available around midnight, then around 6-7 am and then around 11am-12pm. Many chances to test your good reflexes...Good luck :)
Thanks! I wasn’t suggesting to block all in store units, it would have made more sense though to limit launch units to one iPhone X per customer instead of two and to be able to pull units from the lottery queue for customers who experienced exceptional situations like DOA, delayed pre-order confirmations due to glitches, etc. Right now someone who just decided today to get an iPhone X with fast reflexes stands a much better chance to get one by today or tomorrow than someone who got a DOA unit or has been really trying for weeks but has a disability, for instance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.