Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Wow! and she was a woman too, and they don't even know what electonics are usually! Am I right OP??? High fives all around!!!1!

what the **** is wrong with you?

This almost made me snort water out of my face.

Thanks!

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Not sure which is worse. OP's "Even waitresses..." or all of the subsequent commenters that either stated or implied that the waitress exists to have sex with the OP.

The entire thread is pretty ridiculous. A waitress noticed his Apple watch, so what? Is that really worth a post on MacRumors?!?

Given the ridiculous post, I think the ridiculous replies are fine. So, OP, did you tap that?

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
Why wouldn't a waitress know what an :apple:watch is?

This is the kind of subtle class/sexism that really irks me.

Assuming a waitress is of a lower economic class is what really irks me

I know many rich people who have their kids work as waitresses or waiters or busboys as a way to make sure they understand the value and difficulty of hard work.

Stop the stereotyping!

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
No one stated or implied that. Don't be so silly.

Oh really?

Stated:
Sex afterward?

Implied:
Pics of waitress?

"It is! If you hold it up and say 'Hey, Siri,' you can do a lot of neat things. Go ahead and ask it to dial your phone number."

BOOM. Killer app.

Was it Hooters

You should have impressed her by showing her how it can make phone calls and then asking for her phone number so you could call her later.

And people wonder why feminism is such a big issue.

modernaccord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Seattle, WA region
You know who else were waiters?

Howard Schultz - CEO Starbucks
Ken Langone - Co-Founder of Home Depot
Do Won Chang - Founder Forever 21
Alan Mulally (waited tables and worked as a grocery store clerk) - Former CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes and Former CEO of Ford Motor Company.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Oh really?

Stated:

Implied:

And people wonder why feminism is such a big issue.

I don't think you are being fair here. You claimed specifically that posters "stated or implied that the waitress exists to have sex", which was NOT generally the case in the comments you cited. I think most of these comments were meant to be flippant and fatuous... indeed my own (which you did not cite) was intended purely to highlight the inappropriate and obnoxious presuppositions of the OP, not to belittle the subject matter. It is a meme around here to demand pics whenever anyone makes a claim, so that comment was just being funny given this specific scenario. And the lame pickup lines did not imply a sexual encounter, they were just a funny juxtaposition to the awkwardness of the OP's actual dialogue.

I am obviously not disagreeing with you regarding 'matrix07' (or I suppose 'broooce'), or your general premise. I hesitated to argue with you because I am strongly dedicated to freedom & equality in all its forms, and thus the principals of feminism... but this kind of light-handed political correctness is an adversary of freedom, so I thought it was necessary to come to the defense of some of the comments that you have aligned as anti-feminist, when they don't seem to be.

chrishawes

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2008
Bristol
Assuming a waitress is of a lower economic class is what really irks me

I know many rich people who have their kids work as waitresses or waiters or busboys as a way to make sure they understand the value and difficulty of hard work.

Stop the stereotyping!

I don't assume anyone of a particular profession is part of any particular class, in fact I'm quite against the class system.

I see your point and should have worded my response more carefully.

Initially, in the point I was trying to get across; I was unsure if the OP was surprised the waiter knew what an :apple:watch was because of either gender or profession. You're absolutely correct to point out the error in what I said.

nanocustoms

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
He's probably got a "homebrew" version of the apple watch and wanted to see if the waitress thought it was "real".

Where is this clown anyways?

grenhall

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Sweden
Don't let OP come to Sweden. Here, my good forum-friends, even the polar bears have Apple Watches. Or at least have ordered them and are "processing...".

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Lol the number of self righteous posts in this thread are hilarious.

Get over yourselves. I thought the "Hey Siri" post was on point - if you get a phone number out of it and a date, good for you.

southflguy

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2012
Why would waitresses be different than anyone else? "Even waitresses.." And I think they prefer the term "Server".

"Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes" (flip up wrist to show Mickey)

"OMG, that is so cool!"

Actual interaction at lunch today with a waitress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.