Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
iPhone sales stalled.

Apple saw a tranche of 4" iPhone users hadn't adopted the larger phone sizes.

They panicked and shoved iPhone 6 specs into an iPhone 5 shell.

No proper design or machining. Just a grab for profits with a half-baked SE product.

Poor. Poor. Poor.

Why is it a "panic" to fill the needs of a minority, but reasonably large group of customers? Now the "cheap" iPhone gets one of the best SoC's on the market. You could literally apply a silly "panic" label to any product Apple releases. I'm sure they're just a bunch of panicked engineers and marketing people sweating and bouncing off the walls in fear for their lives.

No "proper machining", what? Obviously it saves cost to use an existing design, which was already "proper". I'm not interested in one, but I'm happy the internals are on the good side of what was possible (A9 instead of A8, etc).

Suspended
Jul 18, 2009
Having spent a lot of money on the 128GB version of the 12" iPad Pro at launch only a few months ago, I am really not happy they've announced a 256GB version now, just a few months later. I would have bought the 256GB version in the first place had it been available. This is a real kick in the teeth for iPad Pro customers. They should have made the 256GB verision available at launch last November.

- maybe 256GB wasn't ready. Technology always moves forward... are you complaining that this happens?

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Oh if only the new WatchiOS could allow me to hook up 2 phones to one watch vs the other way around.

I have a work phone and my phone...wish i could have both linked to my watch.
[doublepost=1458610839][/doublepost]I remember each X.1 iOS update was something big. Something useful and something I can tell a difference in my phone that made it felt somewhat 'new.'

With this, basically we get password protected Notes and a screen that turns yellow at 7pm....

I think the point of this Keynote was not for the products, but to address to the public the FBI unlock and their environmental progress & endeavors.

Pilgrim1099

Suspended
Apr 30, 2008
From the Midwest to the Northeast
I see they are showing and focussing a lot on the guy using a CAD Package.

Do I assume we are going to see Adobe create a full version of AutoCAD for the iPad Pro soon?

Actually, it's Autodesk that makes the AutoCAD apps :). As far as the full version goes, you need a powerful desktop class machine to pull off this kind of work for the heavy lifting. Seriously. But a lighter version is appropriate only as a conceptualization stage.
[doublepost=1458611306][/doublepost]
Here's a post for the guy at Apple who needs to read through all our complaining in order to compile tomorrow's "social media sentiment" report:

Honestly, the attempt to address PC users with the iPad was the most pathetic aspect of the presentation. Apple is being left behind by Microsoft's Surface/Book, the new Lenovo Yoga, Dell XPS line, Razer Blade etc, and here they are, claiming the freakin' iPad is gonna fix it. I really wonder if their Mac/Book line with its Haswell chips, sausage-sized bezels and non-exchangeable internals is ever gonna catch up again.

And yet here their are, making fun of "5 year old PCs", many of which probably beat current Apple products in terms of specs. According to them, everyone should trash their devices after 3 years I guess, and what a hypocrite message this is in a keynote that you just kicked off by talking about your environmental responsibility...

I'm an Apple user myself and I'm in the market for a new device but this company really annoys me to the point where I'm considering the switch back to Windows after all these years.

That part was insulting to me and I own an iMac. It's really unfair to the PC market because most Macs today cannot be upgraded internally ( except for the RAM ). Most of the desktop PCs have modulated internals that allow users to swap parts for better performance.

To say that PCs are five years obsolete is " sad " is a travesty. NO. It's far more sadder when the Macs are really soldered in without any upgrades.

But that's not the biggest load of BS I've seen. What ticked me off was Cook's claim that the Apple Watch was the " #1 best selling smart watch in the world ". BS! I've only seen one or two in the wild but that's it.

What's more of a travesty is that the executives believing in a ' lie ' living in one.
[doublepost=1458611463][/doublepost]
More protruding cameras . Jony Ive used to be great. What happened?

He got lazy.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Actually, it's Autodesk that makes the AutoCAD apps :). As far as the full version goes, you need a powerful desktop class machine to pull off this kind of work for the heavy lifting. Seriously. But a lighter version is appropriate only as a conceptualization stage.

That part was insulting to me and I own an iMac. It's really unfair to the PC market because most Macs today cannot be upgraded internally ( except for the RAM ). Most of the desktop PCs have modulated internals that allow users to swap parts for better performance.

To say that PCs are five years obsolete is " sad " is a travesty. NO. It's far more sadder when the Macs are really soldered in without any upgrades.

But that's not the biggest load of BS I've seen. What ticked me off was Cook's claim that the Apple Watch was the " #1 best selling smart watch in the world ". BS! I've only seen one or two in the wild but that's it.

What's more of a travesty is that the executives believing in a ' lie ' living in one.
[doublepost=1458611463][/doublepost]

He got lazy.

I wouldn't say lazy as much as he started to believe anything he did was 'magical' and innovative. I think he's missing the 'ying' to his 'yang' to channel his talent.

Reactions: Pilgrim1099

henzpwnapple

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2009
That sounds more like a stock clearance announcement. SE: old sensor, old case, same old sheet. 9" iPad Pro: USB2.0? Pro? It is a shame to use an Apple Pro product with an already phased out technology.

And yes, let's bet that in less than 6 months, a USB 3.0 version iPad Pro-ass with 256GB will arrive. Then in another 3 months, they will stick the dual lens there.

Keep poking, keep buying, people.

Btw, I try not to complain news selection here.. because afterall...

A good product doesn't need a sales, a good sales can't sell a bad product.

Apple does not only disappoint me, it makes me miss the good old days when Steve was still here. So captain america.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Still waiting for them to update the Mini.
If it's a decent update I will buy one and give my current Mini to my mother who could use a new one

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
So disappointed at the new Apple Watch bands. I want a variation on Sports bands new waterproof bands so I don't have to keep using these cheap plastic looking ones. Instead they focus on the fashion end instead of the sports end.

I was really hoping that Apple would have made a smart band :(

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010

But But But....... the new iPad is "The Ultimate PC Replacement" according to Apple themselves"

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I have to say, looking at the specs, Apple have pretty much just launched the best tablet available on the market right now! For a price.
Very very very impressive. I think it may replace more computers out there now even.

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
This is so disappointing ... NOT.

All this negativity is expected with all the trolls that have been commenting in recent years.

There are trolls and there is genuine disappointment. I'd say there's a lot of the latter.

I'd consider myself a fan. Or I used to at least. I stopped buying Macs in 2012. This iPhone I have may be my last.

Apple has become arrogant and unnecessarily greedy. Their demise is beginning and is going to make for a painful viewing. The great always fall. You'd think someone would learn from history...

Reactions: bliss1111

Pilgrim1099

Suspended
Apr 30, 2008
From the Midwest to the Northeast
But But But....... the new iPad is "The Ultimate PC Replacement" according to Apple themselves"

That part by Cook was insulting and ignorant. This guy is definitely smoking something and needs to be removed from his position. He clearly doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. The iPad is NOT the Ultimate PC Replacement. Hell no. Not even by a long shot.

If that was the case, then why is he's seen sitting next to his iMac in the TIMES cover photo?

He even said " ...and we think you're gonna love it. " a few times in the presentation on each product unveiling.

If he truly wanted the iPad Pro to be a PC replacement, he should be talking to the Modbook guys for a lesson on how to do it right.

The Modbook, even though it's very expensive, IS the tablet computer Apple should have been trying to build.

And the other thing is that the ' pc replacement ' is total BS. Every time I go to the coffeehouse here, I see everyone, including the college students, use laptops. Sure I see tablets here and there, even a Kindle to read. But the iPad wasn't their main " workhorse ".

Tim embarrasses me with his lack of foresight and I think he IS the one who is out of touch with reality, along with Jony Ive ( whom I'm thinking is getting burnt out ). Apple has ' plateaued ', and so has Jony. Seriously.

emm386

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2016
"The A9X chip was specifically developed for the iPad Pro...to provide more power than most PC's..."
- Michael Chao

Two possible conclusions:
A) Apple has now completely become disconnected from reality OR
B) There are no on-the-job drug tests at Apple Inc.

Reactions: G4DPII

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I'm sure the music in the iPad 9.7" Pro video was a custom composition JUST IN CASE does anyone know which song that was? It sounded a lot like the "Another lonely night" chord progression but way better.

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that those new nylon watch bands looks really bad! The colours look awful, and really cheap! Wish all the bands would come down in price too! Find it hard to justice an insanely high cost in order to swap bands to match what I'm wearing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.