Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 425 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 905 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 506 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 212 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Bit of a long shot here…

Does anyone reading this have a silver aluminium watch and one of the ‘bright blue’ straps like surf blue or capri blue?

I happen to be wearing this today. Natural Titanium watch.

IMG_4109.jpeg

RckyMtnJK

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2022
Bit of a long shot here…

Does anyone reading this have a silver aluminium watch and one of the ‘bright blue’ straps like surf blue or capri blue?

I want to order the new series 9 and have always had black/grey type watches, but for the first time I’m tempted by the silver. I mostly where bands like the surf/capri mentioned above and can’t picture what they’d look like with a silver case.

Would someone be kind enough to put one of these bands on their silver watch and then take a variety of pictures? As many as you like, front on, side etc. I’m hoping it would help me decide!
Post in thread 'Every Apple Watch band Apple released. Ever.'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...and-apple-released-ever.2005810/post-32350211

This one’s mine on Capri. Looks great, IMO.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I'm loving this face, but I'm loving how much fun you're having with it more.

Now if only I knew how to read.
It allows a Time complication. Every time I don’t choose it as I set up a different watch I think of you, doll.

And yes byfar the best thing released yesterday other than new AirPods Pro features.

• Wow
Reactions: mikedop

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Another addition to my collection: Purple Fog BSL
Got it at a good price, too. Last season’s band ;-)

View attachment 2260840

Does anyone know where last season bands – specifically  exclusive, e.g. Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop – can be bought (new) in the UK?

I can't think that all of the stock Apple had up until an event caused them to be removed from the store is instantly recycled… or maybe it is (they gotta get those Nike unique flecks somewhere, right)?

• Haha
Reactions: athousandbands

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Does anyone know where last season bands – specifically  exclusive, e.g. Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop – can be bought (new) in the UK?

I can't think that all of the stock Apple had up until an event caused them to be removed from the store is instantly recycled… or maybe it is (they gotta get those Nike unique flecks somewhere, right)?
I’d imagine a lot of it gets offered to employees at huge discounts.

For us normal folk, though, eBay seems to end up with a lot of those salvage pallets. Just keep an eye out for wholesellers listing old bands.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
I’d imagine a lot of it gets offered to employees at huge discounts.

For us normal folk, though, eBay seems to end up with a lot of those salvage pallets. Just keep an eye out for wholesellers listing old bands.

Thanks, will check eBay. Have always been reluctant to buy anything Apple there given how much knockoff stuff seems to float about (is there a guide anywhere on here, on what to look for to spot counterfeit bands / which sellers are wholesalers)?

Reactions: AppleKarma

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe

Was about to buy this in Solo Loop (called 'Spring Green' here in UK) just before this week's event but my size was not available for delivery – every other one was!

I'd downloaded the sizing guide while browsing, but after the store went offline I noticed the PDF was a v2. Re-did my measurement and found I was a different size to the Braided Solo Loop size I've been buying.

Does anyone know if the Braided Solo Loops have a different fit to the Solo Loop, or should I be buying the same size that works in Braided, despite what the sizing guide says?

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Thanks, will check eBay. Have always been reluctant to buy anything Apple there given how much knockoff stuff seems to float about (is there a guide anywhere on here, on what to look for to spot counterfeit bands / which sellers are wholesalers)?
There’s the How to detect fake versus genuine authentic OEM Apple bands thread, but also the Discord link in my sig is full of collectors who can tell you if it looks real within a minute. Most wholesellers who claim what they have is real won’t lie, though.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Was about to buy this in Solo Loop (called 'Spring Green' here in UK) just before this week's event but my size was not available for delivery – every other one was!

I'd downloaded the sizing guide while browsing, but after the store went offline I noticed the PDF was a v2. Re-did my measurement and found I was a different size to the Braided Solo Loop size I've been buying.

Does anyone know if the Braided Solo Loops have a different fit to the Solo Loop, or should I be buying the same size that works in Braided, despite what the sizing guide says?
Called Tender Green some places 🥹

The lengths are the same across all solo loops of both materials ever BUT lots of people buy braided solo loops one size smaller because they stretch over time, though series 7 and later BSL less so.

Also despite the “precision laser cut” or whatever some BSL come a little longer than others of the same nominal size. Silicone solo loops are always the exact length they’re supposed to be.

Stay away from the paper sizing guide imo. Paper is just a really poor way to simulate the bands. Use the Gruber method instead:
1694706123256.jpeg

1694706131747.jpeg

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
Not a day goes by I don’t think about your Nike prototypes that no one else has!
I think the only 1 of 1 might be the light blurple and white in my av. You'll be pleased to hear it never gets worn and it lives in a drawer where light only gets to it when I change to one of the other bands stored with it, so it's still pristine.

Or in saying that my wife might have a Nike unicorn as well - I need to have a nose through her collection I think.

Anyway, how you been? I figured I should maybe come back after dropping an NZ$ grand earlier this week just to keep Sport Band complete.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I think the only 1 of 1 might be the light blurple and white in my av. You'll be pleased to hear it never gets worn and it lives in a drawer where light only gets to it when I change to one of the other bands stored with it, so it's still pristine.

Or in saying that my wife might have a Nike unicorn as well - I need to have a nose through her collection I think.

Anyway, how you been? I figured I should maybe come back after dropping an NZ$ grand earlier this week just to keep Sport Band complete.
New pix of both for the rare bands thread thx

Reactions: orbital~debris

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Called Tender Green some places 🥹

The lengths are the same across all solo loops of both materials ever BUT lots of people buy braided solo loops one size smaller because they stretch over time, though series 7 and later BSL less so.

Also despite the “precision laser cut” or whatever some BSL come a little longer than others of the same nominal size. Silicone solo loops are always the exact length they’re supposed to be.

Stay away from the paper sizing guide imo. Paper is just a really poor way to simulate the bands. Use the Gruber method instead:
View attachment 2261714
View attachment 2261715
Many thanks. I had forgotten all about the Gruber method!

Hopeful to finally get a silicone Solo Loop – would be nice to have a band of each type.

About to go from Graphite SS S6 to Starlight S9, so what looks good colour wise is a bit in flux…

jlyaamu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
Do the new Nike sport loops reflect? I've always like that understated characteristic of the Nike sport loops.

I guess that would take away from their carbon neutrality? LoL

Reactions: YaShiMo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.