Everyone will be carrying an Iphone now that couldnt afford it before

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cymolia, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Now that subsidies are slowly becoming a thing of the past, everyone that couldnt afford an iphone before will now have one. I've seen lot of people with androids before that couldnt afford an iphone but now that you have to put $0 down and only pay around $40-50 taxes and walk out the store with a shiny new device. i think ill see an explosion of iphones in general and mostly in the poor communities that couldnt have afforded it before .

2. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

lol

3. 1968 macrumors regular

Thanks for the news flash. What should we do now chief?

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I don't get what point OP is trying to make with this thread :confused:

Basically that people couldn't afford $199 down before so now they can afford it via AT&T Next?

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Who cares? Let them live beyond their means..

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

You make a lot of assumptions.

Are you speaking from experience?

7. Bobo03 macrumors regular

Oh no.

You better find a different phone that will define you as being elite......:rolleyes:

End of subsidies=less people getting your amazing expensive phone....

8. cymolia thread starter macrumors 6502a

No i work in some of the poorest communities around central fla and just today i've seen a few people that dont own cars and barely own a bicycle flossing iphone 6's. Thats where my assumptions are coming from.

9. Bobo03 macrumors regular

You can afford expensive phones if your health insurance, rent, child care, and food are paid for by the tax payers.

10. 617aircav Suspended

Are these phone not all priced the same on subsidy? $200 is standard for a flagship phone. And how does removing the subsidy make it more affordable?

----------

How so? How will they get the money?

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

In college I took the bus to school (It was free, I owned 2 cars). One day, there was this chick sitting in front of me talking on her Blackberry, listening to her iTouch, wearing UGG boots (expensive, ~$200). She was complaining to her friend about her food stamps being late.

People make bad decisions.

12. 617aircav Suspended

I would also assume they don't have good credit, so how they got approved is a mystery?

13. Bobo03 macrumors regular

A lot work cash only jobs, many sell their prescriptions that are free, etc. It isn't difficult to find ways to make cash if you don't have to worry about paying for the necessities.

14. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

You let them make payments on a $900.00 phone and tell them "it's only 40 bucks a month ".

15. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

This thread is just wow. You need to own a car to be deserving of a new iPhone?

16. RByers8252 macrumors regular

That's why I went with the 6+ 128gb. $66 up front so those gross peons can't afford it.
    "lifts pinky, sips tea, rolls up window of maybach and the car drives away."

17. cymolia thread starter macrumors 6502a

its only a $31-49 a month payment . the no upfront cost that carriers are now pushing is whats going to make apple a killing. out of those 10 million iphones that were sold im guessing a good 10 percent were from people who couldnt find the subsidy money upfront before but are now drawn to the $0 down and pay monthly mentality

18. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

And? Why do you care what other people do?

19. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

Perhaps you are working on wrong thing.

Your thread is very small minded.

20. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

21. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

Nope…..

I have a $22.00 Nokia, which I seldom carry. It mostly stays on top of my fridge. I only got it because there is no phone line to my apartment.

Making it cheaper to own a smart phone isn't going to change things. When I leave my computer (using a mobile broadband connection) I am off line, and I like life like that.

22. cymolia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just an observation, oh trust me i'm not losing any sleep over this. Just that i've never seen anyone with the latest iphone in those areas before , when i do its one of the older iphones like the 3gs . Never one of these hard to find iphone 6's that almost cost as much as a months mortgage/rent

23. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

What's the matrix we're using to gauge affordability? Aren't most college kids financially shaky? They absolutely blossom into something nicely but in the tone of this message, they may be in over their heads as well with iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pros and Airs. I'm just wondering.

It doesn't matter what people do with their money. I DO, however have issue with my taxes paying for something that their "iphone" money should be paying for but (sippin my tea) that's none of my business.

24. Americasteam macrumors regular

25. bmt134 macrumors 6502

Poor communities can get whatever phone they want no matter the price. Everything else is paid for by the government. Food, health insurance, rent, utilities etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.