Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today held its annual iPhone-centric event, introducing the new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and, as a bonus, HomePod mini and new MagSafe charging options for iPhones.

It took Apple an hour to introduce the new devices during the "Hi, Speed" event, but we've recapped all of the announcements in just seven minutes for our readers who want a no-frills but thorough overview of all the announcements.

All of our event coverage is also available below, so make sure to check out our articles so you don't miss any information about Apple's newest products.

iPhone 12 Lineup

MagSafe Chargers and Accessories

HomePod mini

Other Announcements

Apple Videos

Apple shared several videos during its keynote event highlighting new products. We've embedded them below for those who missed seeing the event live.

The full Apple event livestream can be rewatched on YouTube or on the Apple Event website.

The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will be available for pre-order this Friday, with a launch to follow on October 23. The iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini will be available for pre-order on November 6, with a launch to follow on November 13.

Article Link: Everything Apple Announced at Today's Event in 7 Minutes

Reactions: cbdilger

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
How disappointing that you need to buy the Pro Max to get the best camera. I simply can't have a screen that large.

Then I would question how long you’ve been following Apple, as This has been Apples method of operation for years. What would you expect them to do otherwise to sell the largest, most expensive iPhone? Of course they will ration certain exclusive features to the ‘Pro’ phones, it’s not just Apple, almost every tech manufacturer has similar marketing strategies to sell the most expensive device.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
is the iPhone 12 <all four of them> the the least interesting iPhone release in history?
There was no excitement at all. This is the new iPhone, and its slightly bigger than the old one, with squared edge that we offered years ago, and we have blue. Oh, and there is a clip on card for the back that is currently already made by other companies on clearance at TJ maxx.

JPSaltzman

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2011
I know the difference between bits and bytes when it comes to Apple:

"Bits" are what Apple takes away from every new product release of very same product. They take away the earphone jack, then the power adapter, then the physical home button, the "opening the package experience" (so many YouTubers will really be missing that one!), a little bit here, and little bit there.... adds up to Lots of Bits.

"Bytes" is what I say to Apple with every new release that takes away one or more of many favorite features (or forces a lame, buggy major update on you): "Oh, that bytes!" "Byte me, Apple!"

glitched79

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
Does anyone know what the extra “connector” on the side below the power button is for? Did they even talk about it?

Gouki

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
Wondering what's the difference between delayed pre-ordering and delayed shipment, why not just pre-order the same day and ship later.

Reactions: DocMultimedia

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I know the difference between bits and bytes when it comes to Apple:

"Bits" are what Apple takes away from every new product release of very same product. They take away the earphone jack, then the power adapter, then the physical home button, the "opening the package experience" (so many YouTubers will really be missing that one!), a little bit here, and little bit there.... adds up to Lots of Bits.

"Bytes" is what I say to Apple with every new release that takes away one or more of many favorite features (or forces a lame, buggy major update on you): "Oh, that bytes!" "Byte me, Apple!"
^^^^Classic^^^^

Reactions: atomic.flip
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.