Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today hosted a jam-packed media event that saw the debut of its new fall products, including the iPhone 7, the iPhone 7 Plus, the Apple Watch Series 2, new AirPods, and new Beats headphones.

It took Apple two hours to cover all of the new products and their impressive features, but we've created a quick five minute recap for those of you who want a taste of what Apple announced without watching the entire keynote or reading all of our extensive coverage.

Highlights include water and dust resistance for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, along with a faster A10 Fusion processor, all new camera systems for much better images (including a dual-camera system for the iPhone 7 Plus), no headphone jack, and two new colors being sold alongside the standard Silver, Gold, and Rose Gold - a matte "Black" and a glossy "Jet Black."

As for the Apple Watch Series 2, it too features improved waterproofing to make it suitable for swimming, along with a new GPS chip and a processor that's twice as fast. To make up for the lack of a headphone jack in the iPhone 7, Apple also introduced new wireless Beats headphones and completely wireless "AirPods," both of which come equipped with an Apple-designed W1 wireless chip.

Make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors for more extensive coverage of all of Apple's new products and check out our event recap post for more detail on everything that's new.

The iPhone 7, the iPhone 7 Plus, and the Apple Watch Series 2 will be available for pre-order this Friday. Apple's New AirPods will be available in October.

Article Link: Everything Apple Announced at Today's iPhone 7 Event in Under Five Minutes

DeeEss

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2011
I tried to watch the keynote and I hated it and turned it off. So cringey, salesy, cheesy and amateurish. It was a joke, like a two bit sales presentation that was painful and dull to watch. "You're going to love it" No, apple. I'm not.

Wow, lets get excited about a watch that tells you where you ran. No, lets not. apple has lost the plot, up it's own a hole.

Last edited:

pentrix2

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
SHAME on APPLE; Innovations? I have been a die hard apple user from the earliest devices. The last few years Apple OS and standard apps are bug ridden and fail the apple community. Innovations? what a joke; today's presentations was embarrassing...been rehearsed. Real-time collaboration AWESOME; What a joke of a demo. This has been available for 10 years as and industry standard. They backed up the bus on old technology and tried to put lipstick on it as innovative. I have to admit; I am pursuing moving back to Microsoft hardware and software; the past years they are blowing Apple away....Tim is focused on politics and his sexuality (who gives a S%^) and not running an innovative company. And the absolute joke of entertainers and closing artist. Shame on all the apple leadership! Tim has to go and all the old diehards collecting massive check for no reason!
What a boring presentation and what new stuff are they bringing, nothing. Same product but just a little improve hardware. And that stylus joke. Oh it's not a stylus, it's an Apple Pencil. You can call stylus anyhow you want, pencil, pointer, stick, straw, or even a pen but at the end, it's still a stylus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.