Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
[doublepost=1473332942][/doublepost]I also agree on the lighting port. With the old 30 pin adapter i personally never had any issues with it. With my iPhone 6 after a years use the whole thing had to be replaced as the lighting port was "opening up", which meant the lighting cable couldn't fit the port therefore charge the phone. So there is a weakness in it. Now we have to rely on the same port to deal with headphone use as well as charging, so it going to get more use per day.

This is a very good point. The single port is going to get a lot of traffic, and is now a single point of failure for charging and headphone connectively. I really think this was a terrible idea by Apple, and it will be solved with wireless charging next year!! I am sure that they will make Qi proprietary like they did with the iWatch so it's not compatible with all the Qi charging pads on the market.

I used to use bluetooth headphones some years ago.. they suck to have to charge all the time, and like we need more radio waves next to our head?

Reactions: George Dawes

amegicfox

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2016
nyc
it seems lots of people are disappointed, including the stock that went down after the keynote.

are you guys surprised ?

Tim Cook is singing karaoke, releasing pointless interviews all year long, traveling the world taking selfies, financing the democratic party, marching in gay parades, arguing about taxes, try to sell old iPhones to india etc.

when does this man do any real work for Apple ?

why him and the board members are still at apple ?

the mac has been completely abandoned, the iPhone still doesn't charge wirelessly but comes in new colors etc.

Reactions: eco7777

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
it seems lots of people are disappointed, including the stock that went down after the keynote.
There are always people disappointed about this or that pretty much after (and before) most announcements, and the stock usually goes down after announcements. It's basically the norm and it really doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or another.

SuperMatt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2002
Did anybody else notice that when they were using the Macs during the keynote, that they used the older wired Mighty Mouse? The one with the little scrolling nub...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.