Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's "Scary Fast" 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time event was over in the blink of an eye, but if you missed it because of the unusual time, we have a quick overview of everything that Apple announced. If you want to watch the video in full, it only lasted a half an hour, because all Apple introduced was the new M3-series chips in MacBook Pro machines and iMacs.

We've recapped everything that you need to know in this super quick video you can watch before bed or catch in the morning, and we've also rounded up our coverage of the event.

MacBook Pro

iMac

Everything Else

The M3 iMac and MacBook Pro models can be ordered now, with the first orders set to ship out to customers next week. The M3 and M3 Pro machines will be available immediately, while M3 Max machines will ship out later in November.

Article Link: Everything Apple Announced During Monday's 'Scary Fast' Event

Last edited:

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
M3 is nice but I suspect Apple have got so far ahead on their Apple Silicon that they now need to focus on other areas of the business more

Display technologies across all devices, battery technologies, redesigned Magic Keyboard folio (with function keys), other accessories improvements (Magic Mouse in particular)…

Software (OS and iOS etc) 🤔

AI technologies / Siri

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Looks like I'm still good with my 2020 iMac i7 model with the 5700 pro XT graphic card. Can't believe the new iMacs are so limited for costumizing CPU and all. Just limited to the basic M3 chip. The iMac is now the new "cheapest" computer for Apple compared like before when the 27 inch models were pretty decent computers.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
More love for the iMac, Apple, and maybe more would sell, hmm?
It could have something to do with the net zero commitment. An Apple Studio display will last for years, and can be paired with multiple Mac Mini or Studio models over that time. The iMac can’t be upgraded, so it is geared toward buyers of lower end models who keep them for longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.