Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mitar

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2018
When Change with Buttons is checked in Sounds & Haptics sertings, Volume bar is showing on the left when watching video or youtube.. in any other screen its showing ringer level option

Ele T

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2019
Hong Kong
wanted to know if upgrading to ios 13 beta 2 will crash with an Apple Watvh with watchos5.2.1 or not? Pls helppp

Coconutcreampie

Suspended
Aug 31, 2016
NY America
Hey Apple, how about actually Home Sharing videos to iOS work properly? The original Videos app was simple and very fast, though waking up sleeping Macs never worked. With the introduction of the TV app it's been one bug after another, and at one point it wouldn’t work for months. The latest version is a slow piece of crap, where skipping back and forward is slow and unreliable, often causing the video to get stuck or stuck on a frame while the audio only keeps playing, and simply getting a video to start playing is slow. Piece of crap, for years now. Yeah I've sent feedback to them numerous times and it hasn’t had any effect over the years. But they can sure pump out stupid childish crap like emojis. Good job Tim Crook.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Can videos be played off an external drive without first saving them to the device? Would be nice to load up a 128 gig drive with some movies while traveling and save space on the actual device.

kenbewick

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2018
Seattle, WA
anyone else seeing that the calculator doesn't render proper size when rotating from one mode back to the other... have to close it out and reopen for it to take up the full screen.. not a big issue, I close it out and reopen and it comes back... will report it to apple if others are seeing this as well.

fredrik9

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
So I’m still unclear on this- for “file access” via server shares or physically connected devices- does that mean apps could edit documents in place now, or can apps still only work on apps within their own confines?

Meaning, if I have a PDF file that starts off on a USB drive, and I want to add a page using app A, and mark it up using app B, could I edit it in place on the USB drive? Or does app A need to import it (copying it to the iPad), and then export a second copy to app B, and then resave the edited file back on the USB drive?

As long as the app developers support it, this can already be done on iOS 12. Excluding the external drive support of course.

mrj412

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
anyone else seeing that the calculator doesn't render proper size when rotating from one mode back to the other... have to close it out and reopen for it to take up the full screen.. not a big issue, I close it out and reopen and it comes back... will report it to apple if others are seeing this as well.

Yep, same behavior here

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I had a weird bug for a few hours (its now gone away) where every time I switched to the Music app it would ask for me to enter a verification code texted to my phone number to confirm my Apple Music plan with my provider. It was annoying because I pay Apple directly for AM and have never received it through any provider in the four years I’ve been subscribed. I also didn’t get a text anyway even if I hit resend lol.

Besides that its been very smooth on my XR for a beta. The 30% faster Face ID is really noticeable and took me by surprise.

darkcompass

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2018
Can videos be played off an external drive without first saving them to the device? Would be nice to load up a 128 gig drive with some movies while traveling and save space on the actual device.
Doubtful. Transferrable to VLC I'd expect.

joemolomo

macrumors member
May 20, 2008
In tvOS 13 beta 2 under video and audio there is a new wireless audio sync feature
This is very cool, if it means what I think it does, the delay my TV adds to the audio signal is about 1/2 a second makes airplaying to the Apple TV useless when using multiroom.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
so iOS 13 users can do things like connect to a home NAS.
Or the vast majority of enterprise Windows file servers that use SMB. This seems like big news for anyone who works for an organization that uses Windows/AD (as many do) with file shares that were previously difficult to impossible to access from iOS. OneDrive for Business was probably the best way to work around this before but didn't lend itself to organization-wide sharing in the same way traditional network drives do.

robinp

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2008
Speaking of this, does anyone know how to connect Files on iPad to access files on our Mac?

I don't know about the iPad end of things because I've not used iPadOS13 yet, but on the Mac you'd need to enable sharing in your system preferences. Given the iPad only connects to SMB you'll need to turn that on in the sharing preference options and set up a folder to share.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I don't know about the iPad end of things because I've not used iPadOS13 yet, but on the Mac you'd need to enable sharing in your system preferences. Given the iPad only connects to SMB you'll need to turn that on in the sharing preference options and set up a folder to share.

So it’s just like I share folders between my Macs then. Files on iPad just see it automatically?

robinp

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2008
So it’s just like I share folders between my Macs then. Files on iPad just see it automatically?

I'm afraid I just don't know. It would need someone with iPadOS 13 experience. You might find a video online showing how you do it.

Reactions: matrix07

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.

Yep. Same issue here. Reported issue to Apple.
6811AA89-6556-42BB-9C9D-E7EFE2498CA9.png 98C303DC-FEB6-4129-AA4D-8FAAC770BBD2.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.