Evidence for a new MBP in the VERY NEAR future

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jbg232, Feb 21, 2008.

1. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I was in the sony store today and they have IN STOCK RIGHT NOW the new vaio VGN-AR790 laptops which have a 2.5 GHz T9300 PENRYN processor.

The new MBPs are coming soon...

2. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

And how does this translate to a new macbook pro?

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

4. hardsc02 macrumors member

I guess just because of the PENRYN but yeah that is not evidence at all.

5. tuxtpenguin macrumors regular

6. Echinda macrumors regular

C'mon guys, you're being a little harsh. That is reaonably compelling evidence.

1. Sony is one of Apple's main competitors for the high end lap top market.
    2. Sony is getting the T9300s into the retail channel now.
    3. Apple has made being able to say the MBPs are the best of the best part of its brand identity for the line.
    4. If Apple doesn't roll out T9300s soon, it will find it harder to support its chosen brand identity.

Therefore it's likely they will roll out T9300s soon.

The argument seems to hold together for me.

7. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Can't wait for those other non-Apple manufacturers that are actually updating their models? *Cough*

8. Mackan macrumors 65816

Yes, as soon as Penryn is available in larger quantities, Apple will put them into MacBook Pro. There is no reason to not do so.

9. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

How many rolls of Duct Tape did you use? To hold it together? :D

10. Echinda macrumors regular

Just one - but it was silver, so if you squint it looks like a new MBP. ;)

11. hardsc02 macrumors member

Haha! Now that's funny stuff :D

12. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

i mean give this guy some slack... of course the fact that sony has penryns in the store has nothing to do w/ apple's release schedule. But that being said, the fact that these processors are showing up in stores means that availability is becoming less of a problem... which at least throws out the "penryn shortage" excuse for no updates...

They shall come soon :D

13. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

A few months after everybody elses are out, if history is any guide.

14. Macsleuth macrumors member

Dell and apple to release new proc at same time?

I saw this somewhere a few days ago, might have been on here somewhere or a news site.
    I'll post it when I find it.
    Gary

15. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Ok...that means nothing. They announced Penryn in the Vaio over 3 weeks ago.

16. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

There's one main thing everybody has overlooked. Apple does not have to include every new processor from Intel in their line of computers. If Apple wants to skip Penryn or put it in maybe later say summer to fall then that's what they can do. And please don't say, "If Apple wants to retain customers they have to keep up with Intel's schedule because other companies are doing it". Apple's customers buy on Mac OS X and their good hardware, keeping up with the Jones' is Dell's M.O not Apple's.

17. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Name the last time they skipped one. Go on.

18. bayol05 macrumors regular

bayol05

As spaceballl so perfectly put, this post is important because not only have other companies announced their penryn models, they are actually IN STOCK and available for customers to buy. This means that Apple along with other companies should have more than adequate access to the chips and thus this penryn delay thing has been somewhat overcome. So this does lead to assuming that MacBook Pros could be announced very soon (as long as their "delay" was caused by said lack of penryn chips and not some other factor.) Props to the OP on this one. Thanks for posting!

19. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

20. elberggreno macrumors member

Evidence is pictures of New MBP's in the / on the way to the retail channel, or maybe someone recieving a new model, or something else..

This is just an assumption..

Thanks for making me jump of joy and make my heart stop for nothing..

21. davidec macrumors regular

'Evidence' is not the right word to use here.
    It's more of an indication.
    Remember :apple: is all about the brand. And the PB / MBP have always been promoted as the 'world best laptop'. It is impossible for :apple: to uphold that motto while the current MPB sports the Merom processor at the same time that competitors have Penryn based models sitting on the shop floor to ready to take home.
    I think :apple: are hurting on this one. Delays and complications with fitting the processor in (remember the Santa Rosa platform in the MBP/MB is a modified one) have contributed to the delay of these machines. But I also think :apple: have been pro-active and have utilised the time to beef up some of the cosmetics / specs on the impending MBP.
    I think they'll definitely be here by March the 17th and I think we will all be pleasantly surprised at their value/feature set.
    This is what :apple: do best.

22. Azmordean macrumors 6502

No, Apple clearly has no trouble touting outdated hardware as the "best of the best." They have no shame in that regard. They are happy to cite their hardware as "best in class" when everyone else has outpaced them by a mile (just look at all those years with the PB G4). The obsession with brand identity is one of the big problems with Apple. Of course, the other problem is that their computers are clearly in a distant third place on their priority list, well behind iPods and iPhones.

23. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i completely agree on this one!:mad:

24. davidec macrumors regular

Ahh yes but they were restricted by their association with Motorola and the G5 chip as a viable option in Laptops. Which was of course resolved by their relationship with Intel.

25. Azmordean macrumors 6502

Yeah, true enough. And I'm not dissing Apple's products overall. I have a PB G4 and it's been one of the best computers I've owned. But all those years Apple tried to claim G4s were faster than Centrinos were just laughable.