Exchanged 6s+ For 6s I made a mistake

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacLove1986, Dec 6, 2015.

1. MacLove1986 macrumors newbie

I originally bought the iPhone 6s Plus from Best Buy on Thursday, and everyone kept telling me it was too big and I think I started to feel that way too. So I went to the exchange for the 6s, and now I think I'm regretting it and should have kept the plus variant.

I had a regular 6 that was acting funny that's why I upgraded and I kind feel like now that I didn't get anything new.

The 6s plus is heavier than the 6s, but do you the the size and weight is something you get use to and forget about?

The man at BB told me If I changed my mind I can still exchange in 14 days but I don't want to seem like an a$$ for going and getting the same phone I had.

The plus had a Samsung chip and this one has a TSMC chip, not that I think that it really means anything!

Thank you for any opinions!

2. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

You'll get used to the size if you use it without a case. If not get a really slim case that doesn't add too much bulk. As for the weight, you'll have to get used it it.

3. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

The size and weight thing you can definitely get used to, but only if you keep an open mind about it. Regardless, it is always going to be a "chunky" device, especially the 6s Plus as it is even heavier than the 6 Plus. I'm willing to deal with the size and weight because of the larger screen and better battery life since I noticed the 6 was giving me roughly the same battery life that I was getting with the 5s.

Ultimately, the most important thing is how you feel and what you want out of the device. Some people like a thinner, lighter device that they can also use in one hand, which is possible but a bit of a stretch (in more ways than one) with the Plus. However, the Plus has a larger screen with better ppi and a significantly bigger battery. So portability/convenience of use versus larger screen/battery; which is more important to you?

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Use it until close to the end of the 14 day return period and if you still haven't gotten used to it go back and exchange it again for the plus.

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Don't worry about what others think. You are the one using the device and you have to be happy. If they will let you exchange again, do it. Don't worry about what the BB associates think. In 2 days they won't remember you, but you'll have to live with your phone choice for at least a year.

6. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

6S+ is a far superior device just for 1080p display and better battery life. The size is very easy to get used to

7. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

Wow what a mistake, take the cheaper variant back and get the plus again :)

8. Shikaka macrumors regular

For phone calls and texting, go with the 6S. For anything else, go with the 6S+.

9. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

Who care about looking like an a$$? Like it's a 1000$ phone, you have the right to chose what's best for you..

10. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

I honestly have to say i was wrong about big phones. I have 6S Plus and it is absolutely amazing.

11. kamalds macrumors regular

There is nothing to feel bad if you really want to give it back. The regular 6s is very compact and I found the 6s plus too big for my liking.

12. kapp2 macrumors 6502

kapp2

I tried both, was worrid if i could get used to 6 plus size. but NO, love the size and was easyer to get used to than i thought. highly recommended :)

13. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

I got the 6s. The Plus has a better screen and battery life, but I use my phone primarily with one hand. That wasn't something I was willing to compromise on. Find something that suits you.

14. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I would go with the Plus again - I did the same thing last year got the plus exchanged it for regular 6 in the store. 4 months later I traded my 6 128gb with a guy on CL for his 6 plus 64gb and I was happy.

This year 6s plus 128gb was the only choice for me

15. althaur macrumors member

althaur

I traded in my 6 for the 6s+ and couldn't be happier. I have big hands, so the size difference wasn't a concern for me. Although, trying to do anything on my wife's 5c is now rather comical. I feel like I'm using a child's toy. :)

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

Go with the Plus. The longest battery life is enough to choose it over the smaller one.

17. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

It's personal preference. Forget what everyone tells you and go with what YOU like. Also forget the chip nonsense about Samsung vs TSMC.

That said you'll probably get used to the size and weight. I did pretty quickly with the plus. I love it.

18. AppleWes, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015

AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I've been going back and forth over the years too, and finally am happy with 6s Plus (space grey/black). I have a thin [Apple silicone midnight blue] case and love it.

As others have said, it really is all a personal choice/hand size/and what you use the phone for that makes a difference. For me once I switched I didn't notice the huge size as much. The battery life is great and it feels like a mini-tablet since I hardly use it for actual phone calls.

The 6 was a nice upgrade from 5s, and now 6s Plus is a nice upgrade from 6.

19. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

Just take it in, you should be covered through the 14 day policy. No one will care, the employee has other things on his or her mind.

20. hdthu macrumors member

I do this very same thing at Apple Store. Haha

21. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Don't feel bad. Exchange it again. You wouldn't be the first to do multiple exchanges. The two sizes are often hard to choose from and you've no way of knowing what will fit your lifestyle until you take them out in the wild with you for a week or two.

You get used to the size in that it starts feeling "normal". It'll never feel like a one handed device like the 6, but it's close. You'll adjust though and start handling it a little differently when necessary.

I like the extra weight coming from a 6. It makes it stay in my hands better.

I'm on week three with my 6s Plus and it took some time and moments of second guessing to finally fully acclimate to the Plus, but I'm so glad I stuck to it. There's absolutely no going back for me now. The Plus is awesome.

22. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Ultimate truth right there.

23. kapp2 macrumors 6502

kapp2

Got the old 6 Plus xD Very nice phone indeed :)

24. viperGTS macrumors 65816

What an ignorant comment. I didn't know that a smaller screen immediately invalidated using the 6s for watching videos, taking photos, playing games, etc.

I can do all of those things perfectly fine with my iPhone 5c, and when I had a 6s, it did those things even better. When I had one, I found the 6s+ too massive and made most things, if not all, inconvenient to do with one hand. It differs for everybody.

@OP, who cares what others think? Go with the phone you feel more comfortable with. Battery life on both versions is great. Obviously the Plus is better and can probably get you through 2 days of mixed usage like mine did. My 6s, on the other hand, could handle my day's worth of heavy usage and I would always make it to a charger by the time I needed to go to sleep.

25. nia820, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015

nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Some people are just jelly because they cannot afford the plus (jk). Don't listen to others. Some people tell me it's too big as well. But I just ignore them. The plus is the superior iphone as it has a higher screen resolution and image/video stabilization and excellent battery life.

The iPhone 6s feels like a toy to me.