Expectations for Apple's October 22 Event: iPads, Mac Pro, and More

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 18, 2013.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    With just four days to go until Apple's October 22 media event in San Francisco, expectations for what will be shown are in many cases continuing to firm up, while in other cases questions remain. Our regularly updated Roundups section continues to offer a good overview of what is expected for each product and highlights the significant number of Apple products due for updates. Among the expectations for next week:

- iPad: Expect a new iPad mini-inspired design that is thinner, narrower, and lighter. [Read More]

- iPad mini: Retina display expected, but there have been questions about production and whether Apple be able to ship the new device in significant quantities, if at all, before the holidays. [Read More]

- OS X Mavericks: Reportedly due for launch before the end of the month, we should see a final unveiling next week. Other software updates including new versions of Apple's iWork and iLife suites, including iWork for iCloud, are also expected. [Read More]

- Mac Pro: Announced by Apple as launching "this fall" following a sneak peek at WWDC in June, Apple's radically redesigned professional desktop should get a thorough introduction next Tuesday. Some have speculated that updated displays may arrive to complement the new Mac Pro, but there has been no specific evidence of a display refresh. [Read More]

- MacBook Pro: An update for Apple's Retina MacBook Pro line has been expected for several months, moving to Intel's new Haswell processors for improved battery life. While it seems that Apple would want to feature the MacBook Pro improvements at its event, the list of products to be covered is beginning to get rather long and so it is unclear if the updated notebooks will make an appearance at or alongside the event or at a separate time. [Read More]

- Mac mini: There have been no specific rumors about the Mac mini, but it too is due for an update to Haswell processors. [Read More]

- An Apple TV wildcard: There have been some rumblings over the past several months that Apple is planning some sort of TV-related announcement for late this year, but there has been no concrete evidence of any imminent introduction. While Apple has been said to be planning its own connected television set product, that product may not be ready and the effort could continue to progress incrementally with an updated set-top box.

Article Link: Expectations for Apple's October 22 Event: iPads, Mac Pro, and More

2. DowdyFick macrumors regular

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Can't wait!! Been waiting for a new iPad for a while now.

4. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Sold my iPad mini, damn if mini 2 wont have retina display, then i will buy iPad 5 :/

5. irDigital0l Guest

6. gugy macrumors 68030

7. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

8. szw-mapple fan macrumors 65816

szw-mapple fan

Not again.

9. kissmo macrumors 6502a

And Aperture too.

10. szw-mapple fan macrumors 65816

szw-mapple fan

Isn't there too many products for just one launch?

11. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

12. 808? macrumors 6502a

MacPro and 2 new ACD displays is what I want. :D

13. pscl macrumors 6502

what are u dreaming of?

14. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Very excited.

But I'd also like to see the AirPort Express get updated to 802.11ac, and am curious about any iPod refreshes (not that I want or need one, just curious).

But man, I'd love a Haswell rMBP, new TBD, and Retina iPad Mini :D

15. gugy macrumors 68030

Sounds good to me.

16. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Yes! There is a lot to announce. I hope Apple is able to make Numbers more powerful so that I can get by without Excel for most spreadsheets. I wonder if iWork will be free with new Mac purchases?

17. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

A "Pro" display seems to make so much sense... the current model is long in the tooth and clunky relative to the iMac, a bragging point of the new Mac Pro is its support for 4K monitors, TB2 will be here, USB3 is here.

But it wouldn't surprise me if that's something that comes out in the spring.

18. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Given how the Intel Nuc is only slightly larger than an AppleTV (4"x4"x2" vs 3.9"x3.9"x0.9") it would be interesting to see Apple combine the AppleTV and Mac Mini into a single product. They would have to drop the price at least $200 to get decent sales but they already charge more than the Mini is worth as it is. There would be cost savings by getting rid of most of the ports and keeping just HDMI+USB along with an ethernet port and the usual wireless chips (Bluetooth+Wifi). Create a true entry level headless Mac while bring a more powerful processor to the AppleTV.

19. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Thanks, added that to the Mavericks bullet.

20. Freezer91 macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro Retina Upgrade

I just hope that Apple launch new screen resolutions for the MacBook Pro, because the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro is now the highest resolution 13" notebook...

21. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I think the article means a "thorough introduction..." :rolleyes:

22. jonathanbruce macrumors member

jonathanbruce

About bloody time, too!! Most of this stuff was announced in June. It is very disgraceful making the public wait so long... Especially for devices like the new Mac Pro. Just think of how much income Apple has lost by delaying the release of such a device like that. The same with OSX Mavericks and IOS 7.

23. andypanoreo macrumors newbie

You are forgetting something, iPods.

iPods. Apple has not refresh any iPod in over a year! So in this event we will see new iPods. ;)

24. MN7119 macrumors regular

So annoyed that new MacBook Pro is taking so long to get an update. My 2006 White MacBook is in life support and I need to pull the plug asap.:mad:

25. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

There's going to be a large volume of evolutionary updates, no doubt.

Would be great if one of them were somewhat revolutionary.

Go, Apple!