Extended Display MBP->iPad

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
I've seen it done somewhere. Can anyone tell me how to setup my iPad to be an extended desktop/display to my MBP? Tnx!

pixelatedscraps

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2017
Hong Kong
There are countless apps that can do this. I don't know them off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure if you google your exact thread title you'll be able to find a solution (with reviews) to help.

Sebastian79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
Tnx guys. It seems that Duet Display and Air Display are the 2 big boys in the competition.
Discarding the fact that AD supports wireless wifi connection and DD does not, is there any other major differences (lag, glitches, etc...). I want to use it with FCP.

jerryk

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Tnx guys. It seems that Duet Display and Air Display are the 2 big boys in the competition.
Discarding the fact that AD supports wireless wifi connection and DD does not, is there any other major differences (lag, glitches, etc...). I want to use it with FCP.
Duet works quite well, and the USB cabling minimizes lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sebastian79

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
I own both. Duet is by far superior app. Hands down the best one out there.
Purchase it, enjoy it :)

Reactions: Sebastian79
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.