Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
The Facebook app has NOTHING to do w/ IOS7. Facebook has always sucked on previous versions of IOS. It's totally on Facebooks end

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Facebook app is very poorly programmed for the user. It absolutely kills my battery when it's in the background (although I have background refresh disabled). Yet, when I reopen it, it has to start all over half the time.

I don't think it's the worst app, but force-close it every time you're done as it will single handed slaughter your battery in hours even if it isn't "running".

5thAgent

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Undoubtedly the Facebook App on the iOS is the most dysfunctional app in the entire Apple iTunes App store. I've personally witnessed half a dozen folks move to Android due to not being able to bring up the app and execute typing, read message, etc., in a timely manner.

I think Apple needs to assist. What do you think?

Did you get Android and iOS swapped up in this post? :/
I switched FROM Android partly due to its failed Facebook app.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Speaking of Android's FB, the chat head labels that are system wide become a pain in the ass after the first day and just a waste of space on your screen. It's bad enough we have a lot of our info loaded on FB, I refuse to chat in FB for IM/MSG/Mail and don't want to feed them even more personal data for their marketing allocation.

You can disable chat heads. I don't use them but I know some people that do. Having a choice is a good thing.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
My only complaint was the blue navigation bar at the top. But with the latest update, it collapses when you begin scrolling like Safari does. Now it allows me to see more.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Wait. So because of an app being slow on your outdated iPhones (4?), instead of upgrading to a current model iPhone where it is quite fast and usable you downgrade to an Android? That is quite the story bro.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Aside from the complete lack of landscape support in the app -- which is annoying as (insert your bad word here) -- I have no trouble with it. I certainly wouldn't ditch iOS for Android over it.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
This is the one of the funniest threads I have read here. For a long time, the Facebook app on Android really sucked. I used alternative FB apps on Android for a while until I found out FB somehow cripples those third party FB apps. It has only been the last year or so where the FB app on Android has improved to the point where I am not heavily complaining about it.

I highly doubt that people would move from iOS to Android because of FB. I don't think that there is much difference between the quality of this app on both platforms. I have never heard of anyone every doing this.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Undoubtedly the Facebook App on the iOS is the most dysfunctional app in the entire Apple iTunes App store. I've personally witnessed half a dozen folks move to Android due to not being able to bring up the app and execute typing, read message, etc., in a timely manner.

I think Apple needs to assist. What do you think?

The only problem I have with the iOS Facebook app is getting my notifications in a timely manner. I always get them late!

So you're saying that people move to the Android OS JUST because of the Facebook app???? You're joking right?

----------

People still use Facebook? >_>

I only use it to keep in touch with VERY close friends and relatives... but I'm barely on.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
My biggest problem with Facebook app is the battery drain. Darn it be that it consumes so much battery whilst using it

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
You can disable chat heads. I don't use them but I know some people that do. Having a choice is a good thing.

How does one do that? I've turned off chat in the app but that has no effect, the heads still pop up if someone sends me a message.

Edit: Reading the message you quoted, you were probably talking about Android. My question persists, however: how to get rid of Chat Heads on Facebook for iOS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.