Facebook App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMetalG5, Dec 23, 2008.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Is it me or has this app gone down the tubes?

I think they are doing site maintence now so its unavailable. A few people in the office (yeah we're not working i guess) can not log into their FB acct. The app is just asking for email/password and kicks them out. I thought I read on another forum that the site is down for the day?

Anyway the app seems to not work after you view pics. Sometimes it just freezes up. Other times it shows blank. Just really buggy lately. I think it worked ok like a month ago but recently the app just doesn't seem to work as its supposed to.

Anyone else?

2. mode101 macrumors regular

I've had this problem, too. I just recently jailbroke my phone, though, so I thought it might be related to that...

3. pauld macrumors regular

Ditto here last night (GMT).
    Good to know it may not be a side-effect from Jail braking.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The facebook app is garbage.

Just use iphone.facebook.com for the mean time.

5. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I got an error when I tried to log in to the regular site this morning saying that site maintenance was being performed.

6. bithacker macrumors newbie

Exactly, The app has gone down the tubes and was unstable prior to jailbreaking and after for me.

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No problems here, I was successfully able to log in.
    Yes, the FaceBook app does suck but you can't chat with iphone.facebook.com

8. iphonemunkey macrumors member

checking notifications bombs the app out for me

apart from that it works fine. i'm on 2.2 and jb and tried re-installing but no joy. :mad:

9. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I think Facebook must be doing a rolling maintenance on accounts. It is down for me on the computer and on the Facebook app.

I'm sorry that people are having trouble with the Facebook app. I've had nothing but good luck with it!

10. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i tried logging in from a laptop and it says "Site Maintence" so it is down for me at least.

I like the app but i just wish it was stable and worked as its supposed to! maybe an update soon?????

11. bithacker macrumors newbie

Yes, the full site is working for me mostly. The updates seem to be a little lagging and come sporadically.

The older version of the app was more stable and many have complained and hoped this would be updated but it seems to be falling on deaf ears at the moment.

12. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoke too soon everyone in the office is back up and running with FB. Hey its xmas week, we're allowed to slack!!! so its working now.

but still, when i few pics and stuff sometimes it just goes blank and other times it will just freeze for no reason.

ALSO DOES ANYONE USE VLINGO? It never works for me when updating status. Always telling me to reset something in FB.

13. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

I've never had any problems with the Facebook application. It's been perfectly stable and never froze up. Its actually always done exactly what I was trying to do?

I have absolutely no complaints about it.

14. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

are you running 2.2? you never get the glitch where everything goes white?

15. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I uninstalled the app, it used to be good, but lately since 2.2 seems to be nothing but junk.

16. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

It worked for a day or two, then stopped working with FB. Works great with twitter though..

17. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I know I'm not the one that you asked, but I'm running 2.2 and have never seen that problem. It's one of the most stable apps on my phone.

18. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

I havent seen this mentioned yet either:

When you tap "Friends" and the list comes up; is it just my phone, or are the first and last names not aligned with each other? On mine, the last name is a few pixels higher than the the first name...

Also, on a couple of occasions, the letters in the alphabetical quicktap sidebar was spaced out to a point so all you see is from A to S from top to bottom of the screen...

All of this, plus the empty spacing while scrolling... ugh. looks like FB isnt fully compatible with 2.2

19. JackMaurer macrumors member

JackMaurer

when I click "notifications" on my iphone it kicks me back to the homescreen of the phone :S

20. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

No, I'm lazy. Still on 2.1 haha

But no, my screen has never gone white on Facebook.

21. kolax macrumors G3

It's a pity the Facebook App isn't official otherwise it would be a lot better.

22. redman042 macrumors 68020

I've solved many issues with the Facebook app by signing off before closing the app, then reopening and signing in. This clears the garbage from the local cache.

23. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I don't understand your statement.
    How isn't the Facebook App offiial?

24. kolax macrumors G3

Facebook didn't make the app. They just endorsed it.

25. efice32 macrumors 6502

It says on it's App Store page in iTunes that the company that made it and the seller are both Facebook, so I'm not so sure about that.