Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groovdudeyo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
So in trying to delete said password I logged off and I cannot use my mac again until either I figure this password out or I delete it so come on people PLEASE HELP!!!

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
So heres the thing I still have not gotten rid of this password problem and thought I would continue this thread so you have some of the story. My power mac has tiger installed on it. I have a disk for 10.3 or something like that and a disk for leopard. To erase the password you have to put in the install disk but I dont have the tiger disk so how can I erase the password is there like a total system wipe? Oh and no more comments ridiculing my astigmatism vision disabilities please :)

I have a disk of leopard and I keep trying to install it but its says that its damaged and cant install when its about 50% done. I tried doing the change password thing on it but no luck. Come on ill do like anything that will erase this password should I just borrow a copy of leopard from someone since mine doesnt work?

How do you have a 10.3 Disk (Panther?) and a Leopard disk (10.5), but not a 10.4 disk.

Also, I'm going to agree with everybody here and say you really shouldn't say Windows is easier to use. You only know where everything is because you've used it your whole life. For people that used OS-X/OS9 their whole lives, they would find the Mac OS easier to use. If they never saw a Windows OS, then they would be stumped on where the menu bar/list of programs are. So, basically what I'm saying is that, you shouldn't say a statement like "PC's Rule" when you haven't seen the other side yet (You had one problem, that, I mean come on, was utterly user-retartedness[for a lack of a better word]). I recently used a Mac for the first time, and I knew where EVERYTHING was. I mean, sure I'm having some problems, but not enough to say "PC's rule". Yes, Mac's are better for somethings, and Windows-based-computers are better for others. The OS for general use is really preference.

Yeah, but back on topic here- If you have the Leopard disk, install Leopard. (If you don't have those other CD's get them from somewhere, or if you have an account on the makers' websites, I'm sure you can download a free trial version, and then stick your license in there)

So in trying to delete said password I logged off and I cannot use my mac again until either I figure this password out or I delete it so come on people PLEASE HELP!!!

Stop demanding things. That would really make people think you're a little kid that doesn't know how to ask politely and that in turn would make them not answer.
Did you check the (Keychain I think it's called[remember, I just moved from PC])

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
i thought originally you were saying it was too late to call the guy with the password... wasn't that over a month ago? That would probably fix things a lot better than using your sketchy install discs. Can't help but feel like this thing is stolen.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
i thought originally you were saying it was too late to call the guy with the password... wasn't that over a month ago? That would probably fix things a lot better than using your sketchy install discs. Can't help but feel like this thing is stolen.

I can't help to feel that way either, but if he doesn't admit it, we will never know.

I don't mind helping him even if it is stolen, but seriously, if it's stolen- Sell it.

illegallydead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Colorado!!!
Stop demanding things. That would really make people think you're a little kid that doesn't know how to ask politely and that in turn would make them not answer.
Did you check the (Keychain I think it's called[remember, I just moved from PC])

Listen to this guy ^ :mad:
It is like you are holding us accountable for YOUR problems with your sketchy little Mac. We are here to help each other out, in a friendly manner. Stop demanding things, do a little thinking for yourself, and maybe you will get better results. [/RANT]

I have a disk of leopard and I keep trying to install it but its says that its damaged and cant install when its about 50% done. I tried doing the change password thing on it but no luck. Come on ill do like anything that will erase this password should I just borrow a copy of leopard from someone since mine doesnt work?

Probably a good bet. If you are close to an Apple store, some will give you a new Leopard disk if yours is not working, or may even do a network install for you to be safe. Helps if you are on warranty though.

Also consider trying to create a new account, perhaps that way you will still have a functioning computer for the moment...

So you have been running your Mac without ever logging off / restarting? And this didn't seem like a precarious situation to you?! :rolleyes: At one point or another you would have had a power failure, an update that requires a restart, a complete lock up... any number of things! Please, do yourself a favor, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD EITHER CALL THE GUY AND GET THE PASSWORD OR JUST F***ING DEAL WITH IT! [/RANT]

Sorry that your Leopard disk doesn't work, but like I said above, you have other routes! Maybe try resetting the password with your 10.3 (Panther) disk, then go from there. No guarantees that that will work, but it is worth trying. If all else fails, take the computer to your local Apple store, best buy, or any other computer service center. I am sure that they can help.

If I sound like I am jumping down your throat, well, at this point it is partially true. The obvious ridiculousness of your situation (riding out the logged-in account) and your complete lack of self-reliance (not calling the guy for the password, something that should have been part of the transaction if you did in fact buy this, as well as the tunnel vision) are making helping you somewhat of a humorous exercise for all of us here. As I have said before, I don't want to be personally insulting you here or anything; it simply seems that you need some sort of common sense knocked in to you.

Long story short, please, just take the machine into an Apple-certified electronics store / repair shop, ask for help (in a nicer manner than you have here), and realize that at this point most further posts of yours in this thread will only serve to further the comedic value of reading this back-and-forth that we all have going here :D

groovdudeyo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
alright sounds like a plan I think i'll call an apple store or take it in or something like that. I have restarted it and shut it down and unplugged it and all that before but it had the automatic log in thingy turned on so it worked just fine. As for people that think I stole it well cant really do anything about that but I didn't so no problem with the law and I really dont want to sell it cuz I wont be able to get a better computer for the money you can get for a power mac g4 and Im in love with the huge hidef screen

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
alright sounds like a plan I think i'll call an apple store or take it in or something like that. I have restarted it and shut it down and unplugged it and all that before but it had the automatic log in thingy turned on so it worked just fine. As for people that think I stole it well cant really do anything about that but I didn't so no problem with the law and I really dont want to sell it cuz I wont be able to get a better computer for the money you can get for a power mac g4 and Im in love with the huge hidef screen

why don't you call the guy for the password?

groovdudeyo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
my grandpas secratary keeps calling him but apparently he goes out of the country a lot or some stupid thing like that and they only have his office number plus I already figured out the password thing so how bout some help with my new thread???:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.