Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsolar

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2011
If you think that having your kid glued to Facebook's crap is good for the kid then I understand why we have so many 'useless' millennials :D :D :D

Social networks are not going away like it or not. Whether one is "glued" to them or using them in moderation is the same issue as e.g. with watching TV or playing videogames: both activites were similarly demonized in the past whereas both can have their rightful place in our lives.

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
This isn't a good thing for young minds. Even as adults people get addicted to things but what happens if you addict kids? What happens to their minds? I really do not want to know. I don't even think it is a good idea to post pics or talk about kids online at all.

whiteonline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2011
California, USA
People said:
- video games are dangerous for the youth
- rock and rap music is dangerous for the youth
- Elvis’s hips are evil and dangerous for the youth
- books are dangerous for the youth

Need I go on?

Parents will ultimately have the final say over their children’s activities. Mine won’t be on Instagram. But it’s not my decision as to what someone else’s child is permitted to do.

edit: ninja’d by another post with the same sentiment.

I will say this: one must opt into Facebook. I don’t have a problem with Instagram because I choose not to use it.
I do have a problem with implicit use like Google where you are “subscribed” whether you have an account or not.

Last edited:

xb2003

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2016
MO
/me is glad to have grown up in the 70/80s long before all that c### started

/me is glad to not have any kids that could get poisoned by something like that

/me fears to live as an old man in a world controlled by kids grown up on this

:p:eek:o_O
I know the 70s and 80s had some obscure music, but really, you could have just said D#.

travelsheep

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2013
So... an app full of EXTREMELY stupid, annoying, IQ-lowering content and every second post is an advertisement. Bravo!

Reactions: MysticCow

topdrawer

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2012
i wonder how carl feels about this change

carl.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.