- Apr 12, 2001
Over the weekend we noted that Facebook had added a "hidden" setting in Facebook Messenger that allows you to turn on a long-awaited Dark mode. The new mode was found by several sites and users and remains hidden for now.
How to Turn on Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger
- Send just the 🌙 emoji to anyone (or even yourself).
- Tap on the moon emoji in the chat after you send it.
- A pop up should appear saying you found dark mode.
- Go to settings and you should see it here.
- You may have to force quit the Facebook Messenger app and relaunch it before tapping on the Moon emoji will work.
Facebook promises that the feature will be deployed our to everyone in a matter of weeks. The secret method to enable dark mode works in both Android and iOS.As many may have discovered, dark mode can be accessed through a hidden, limited-time only experience. Simply send a crescent moon emoji - 🌙 - in any Messenger chat to unlock the setting and prompt to turn on dark mode.
The new mode works particularly well with Facebook's color/gradient option. If you tap on the name of the person you are chatting with, you can choose a custom color for that chat. The gradients work well against the new dark background.
Apple is widely rumored to be adding a dark mode in iOS 13 which is expected to be debuted at WWDC 2019.
Article Link: Facebook Messenger 'Dark Mode' How to and Tips