Votes: 61 24.7%
  • A couple times a week or more

Votes: 44 17.8%

• Total voters

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
So now that Facetime has been out for awhile, I'm wondering how many people actually use it and how often. I personally do not use it, even though I could if I wanted to with my friends that also have an iPhone.. I either stick to SMS or make a phone call. Cast your vote in the poll.

To clarify: "never" should vote in the first category.

Last edited:

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
So now that Facetime has been out for awhile, I'm wondering how many people actually use it and how often. I personally do not use it, even though I could if I wanted to with my friends that also have an iPhone.. I either stick to SMS or make a phone call. Cast your vote in the poll.
Use it multiple times a day.
Did not start using it until recently.
So many of my friends have iPhones/macs it is just easier.

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
FaceTime is really cool when the wife and I are talking to the niece and nephew (4 & 2 respectively) or when she's away from home.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
I use it nightly, now, because my girlfriend lives a little ways away so we don't see each other every night.

I am really upset, however, that it's required for me to be on a wi-fi network in order to use it since I have unlimited data.

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
None of the choices applied to me. Sometimes I'll use it several times in a month while other times I've gone 3-5 months without touching it. The WiFi-restriction and lack of friends using iDevices severally limits the usefulness. Whenever someone wants to video chat I just load Skype as anyone can use that, even on 3G.

Last edited:

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Use it several times a week. Love it when I travel internationally for chatting with family. I have found it flaky on some WiFi networks, however. And it often just disconnects after 10 minutes of use for no discernible reason.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I never us it. Don't even know how to get started on my iPhone since there's no Ft button. :eek:

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
i recently jail broke my 4S, and my wife just gave birth to a second daughter so she can't go anywhere because she needs to breastfeeding the baby.

i recently bought a new home and was hunting for furnitures. so i installed facebreak, and i ft my wife when i was in the furniture store and we chosen the sofa, tv table, and the chaise together while my wife at home. isn't that amazing? :cool:

it's useful when u have kids at home, u can ft them every time u want when u're traveling on business.

it sucks to chat with ft with your friends though. it gets old.

Suspended
Sep 25, 2010
wow i'm actually surprised at how many people use facetime. i've only used it once, and i don't really see myself using it in the near future while i'm still in college.
but i'm glad others are taking full advantage of the feature.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
I use it a lot for communication with my family. Now that both my parents and my sister have iPhones that include FaceTime cameras, whenever they contact me, they just do it using FaceTime instead of a normal phone call

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've never used it on my iPhone, and I only used video calling once on my old Sony (just to try it out).

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I use it quite a bit. My sister just got an ipad2 and an iphone4s, and it gives me a chance to see her and my nephew all the time since they live on the other side of the country.

Its not a revolutionary feature, but its one that helps me keep in touch with my family, and thats great in my book

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.