Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshuaMoraski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Schenectady, New York
Hello,
I have been very curious if iOS 15’s FaceTime feature SharePlay will be available for Android/Windows links. I can‘t get a straight answer on Google and hoped a developer beta user could help me!
My girlfriend (LDR) has a Linux laptop and Oppo phone and I have all apple devices. We currently use Zoom but it‘s useless for watching movies or listening to music together. I’m very hopeful that this will be perfect and easy for us!

Thank you

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
It‘s only available for Apple devices because SharePlay taps into native app functionality to steer stuff like movie playback directly in the app.

If you mean shared screen: You can probably watch a shared screen but almost all media apps block screensharing for movies and shows, so you can‘t stream Netflix playback.

Reactions: JoshuaMoraski

JoshuaMoraski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2018
Schenectady, New York
It‘s only available for Apple devices because SharePlay taps into native app functionality to steer stuff like movie playback directly in the app.

If you mean shared screen: You can probably watch a shared screen but almost all media apps block screensharing for movies and shows, so you can‘t stream Netflix playback.
I thought so but I was hoping that I might get lucky, I guess for Christmas I will get her an iPad! Thank you for your answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.