Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
if you have any news on fallout 5 please do tell
I have no connections with Bethesda, I only know there have been rumblings about a possible project falling into place, but I have no info other

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I have no connections with Bethesda, I only know there have been rumblings about a possible project falling into place, but I have no info other
My impression is that each update back and forth between Elder Scrolls and Fallout have all been huge successes. I am a big fan, but wonder when they will head in a new direction?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Looks like Bethesda is working on Fallout 5. Fallout 5 confirmed to be in development by Bethesda

I'm really curious to know where they'll go with the franchise.
The addition of settlement building for me was a huge addition that came with F4 and I loved the setting, Boston. While I can critique it, it still was intriguing enough to suck me in hard. :) I don’t know where the next Elder Scrolls falls in its development cycle, but I understand them wanting to build on the building aspect of F4, which is perfectly suited to a post apocalyptic world. Personally, I much prefer a world with trees than the DC desert of F3, and get some leaves on those trees. But they need to be wary of the been there done that effect. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I loved the setting, Boston
There's so much richness in Boston that I wonder what other location will be just as deep. NY comes to mind, maybe Chicago, go back to California and/or Washington. I wonder if an origins sort of game would work as well. Start the game in pre-war America, go through the war but not in a shelter

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.