Fantastic Olympics closing ceremony!

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I wonder if the iTunes store will have a playlist of the songs played during the closing ceremony...man, what a wrapup!!

Bishwasher

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Portsmouth,UK
They do. There's the album with everything from the ceremony and there's also a list of bands and albums/songs available for download seperately.

Last edited:

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
Seriously?

One or two goodies... but lots of **** from people who can't sing in tune. A pretty pitiful lineup.

Opening ceremony was night-and-day better.

Jessie J was the worst... an embarrassment to modern British pop. I'd listen to 2ne1, 4minute etc. in preference any day!

Melcombe

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
South Coast. UK
They all looked like they were enjoying themselves. I thought Jessie J was rather good!

For one moment I thought they might be firing HM The Queen out of that cannon, but luckily it was Eric Idle. Phew.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Screw You NBC, I want to watch The Who.

And Who's idea was it to bring back the Spice Girls, we were fine with them dead.

Bishwasher

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Portsmouth,UK
In a way I can see it from both sides...some bits were good like the Jessie J & Queen version of "We will rock you". But other bits were awful like bringing the Spice Girls back, they couldn't sing before and they definitely can't sing now! If they had to appear, they could at least have made Geri wear her Union Jack dress:D, although Bo Jo's "dancing" made me smile:). For me the only thing missing was the "Borismaster" the new London Bus.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Other than the fact that Muse sounded like they were trying to summon some evil demon, I thought the closing ceremony was brilliant and showed the great diversity of UK Music over the years.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I can't believe One Direction got (quite a long) spot towards the start of the ceremony. Absolute talentless idiots put together by the puppet master Simon Cowell. They even mimed to the song they had no input in writing! Disgrace to British music.

boss.king

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
I didn't actualkly watch the ceremony because I was in class, but the line up seemed to go from musical greats to greatly overrated and everything in between. The line up of junk artists (One Direction etc) is actually what makes me not want to see it at all.

decafjava

macrumors 68040
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Some good (Queen, Muse, The Who) some bad (One Direction, Spice Girls) that's why remotes were invented people. Thought it not to bad overall myself.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Couldn't agree more, massive waste of taxpayers money.
It'd be nice if the Olympics company (the name escapes me) funded the whole thing. And if BBC News had non-sports news for more than 10 minutes.

Heilage

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2009
Some good, some awful.

The person who gave that awful woman permission to rape a Queen song should be put in jail.

Heilage

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2009
Was it really that bad? I thought they did pretty well considering how dead freddie is...
The part from Wembley was brilliant, and the May guitar section was excellent. Then it all went wrong.

You don't piss on the Mona Lisa. You don't let silly women like her cover a Queen song.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Not as good as the opening, but all in all good.

The only down for me was the the Spice old women. :D

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
I thought it was great. The opening ceremony was fantastic and left such a high bar. But the closing was perfectly cheesy and it was great to see all the cameos. I enjoyed it thoroughly and thought London did a wonderful job all up. You guys all should be proud - ignore the cynics. I'm sad I couldn't be there to enjoy it with you all in such a beautiful city.