Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

docx

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2012
UK
Don't understand why George Michael is famous.
He was in Wham. That should have been enough of him for anyone.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
It was awful. Everything I worried the opening ceremony would be and yet managed to avoid. Cheap, cheesy and embarrassing.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It was awful. Everything I worried the opening ceremony would be and yet managed to avoid. Cheap, cheesy and embarrassing.

The more of it I have to watch, the worse it gets...£27 million was "invested" in the opening ceremony...I have no figure for the closing fiasco...I've taken a break from watching it in 3D for edits...Rapidly coming to the conclusion that it's unlikely to be the most popular item of DVD video memorabilia anyway...Paralympics next up though..I always find them more heartwarming somehow...More so since I became physically disabled myself I guess. They have sold record amounts of tickets for them too..But I digress...:)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Your fine with cameras as long as you avoid flash photography in some events, that's based on the rules for spectators in the games just gone. If I were going I think I'd just take a decent bridge camera with plenty of storage to hand.

I only own larger cameras. Or film. Or in some cases both! Most likely EOS 7D with a couple of lenses.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I thought that the closing ceremony was much more uneven than the opening, which, although a bit long, I enjoyed. I watched The Who's performance a couple of days later. It looked like a lot of people had left the stadium by then.

Overall, though, I think that the British did an excellent job and deserve to be congratulated.

Iamnezzy

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Byfleet, UK
It was what it was, loud, colourful, cheesy and fun, i and everyone i was with seemed for the most part to enjoy it and i'm no fan of the spice girls, one direction etc, i think you have to pretty cold or far too 'cool' to have not had a good time, still...each to their own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.