Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Just finished up Season 1 the second time through. Now that True Detective isn't as good in season 2, I have focused all my attention on this and the next season of "The Affair".

17000_468635229981381_7138619078572551761_n.jpg

Season 2
"Snow Dude" Teaser Trailer

First Trailer

Full Trailer

Reactions: pachyderm

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I saw the ads for the new season. All new characters? I may give it another try. :) Any idea when the new season starts?

Last edited:

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I saw the ads for the new season. All new characters? I may give it another try. :) Any idea when the new season starts?
October 12th.

Several times in Season 1, the older police officers, specifically Lou Solverson (restaurant owner) refers to a case in Sioux Falls, SD. Season 2 is supposed to examine what occurred in Sioux Falls. The character Lou Solverson returns as a younger man.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Early reviews of the first four episodes of Season 2 are in. All good news.

USA Today - Review: Brilliant 'Fargo' is nicely menacing

Rolling Stone - 'Fargo': How the Midwestern Noir Just Got Even Better

Newsday -'Fargo' review: A winner of a prequel

First episode airs tomorrow on FX

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
A nod to it's namesake and little homages to other Coen films such as No Country For Old Men, Millers Crossing too and a bit of
Close Encounters of The Third Kind to boot!

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Finale aired last night. I would be hard pressed to name a better show on TV right now, including Game of Thrones.

I agree 1000% (4 zeroes ...). I hear people carp about "nothing good on TV", yet it's the same people who aren't watching shows like this.

Probably in the top 2 or 3 seasons of television _ever_, and I'm including shows like Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Justified.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I agree 1000% (4 zeroes ...). I hear people carp about "nothing good on TV", yet it's the same people who aren't watching shows like this.

Probably in the top 2 or 3 seasons of television _ever_, and I'm including shows like Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Justified.
What's crazy is, this show is an anthology series. To hit it so well the first time, only to follow it up with a second, relatively unrelated incredible season is unreal. Easily the best show on television and the best since Breaking Bad.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Season 3 won't air until 2017. 2017!!!!!!!
Meanwhile, might as well watch the film. That's what I'm doing at the moment.

Not really a spoiler, but I was really pleased with the appearance of both the Fargo Movie theme and the Fargo TV Series theme rolling in the credits.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
What's crazy is, this show is an anthology series. To hit it so well the first time, only to follow it up with a second, relatively unrelated incredible season is unreal. Easily the best show on television and the best since Breaking Bad.

No doubt, it's tough to create such deep connection to characters in a few seasons, let alone one (I mean, effectively, the characters are "new", certainly the actors are ...).

Season 3 won't air until 2017. 2017!!!!!!!

I just read that tonight. They cited wanting to film during winter, and basically missing the '16 winter, so they'll shoot the end of _next_ year for a '17 release. I also suspect Noah Hawley is going to be high demand, I also just read he's going to be the show runner for a new X-Men spinoff series (Legion)and he's adapting Vonnegut’s Cat's Cradle for FX.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

Yep. Watching the finale now.
a little nod to raising arizona at the start

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 3 Premier (19Apr17)- Ewan McGregor, Carrie Coon, and David Thewlis are excellent. Great start! :)

ewan-mcgregor-fargo-3x2.jpeg
...yes I did not finish Season 1, skipped Season 2, but now I'm back watching and was rewarded. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.