Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

112000-ivfm.jpg

FastMac announced that their extended battery pack for the iPhone is now shipping. The add-on pack for the iPhone called iV provides significantly extended Battery time as well as a camera flash. Features include

- Up to 24 Hours of Talk Time
- Up to 72 Hours of Audio Playback
- Up to 20 Hours of Video Playback
- Up to 31 Days of Standby Time
- Flash Light for Emergency Use and Low Light Photos
- Additional USB Port to Charge Multiple Devices
- Charges via 30-pin Dock Connector Cable
- Fits in iPhone Dock & Universal Dock

The accessory allows for continuous iPhone use even as it is being charged and is available for $79.95 from FastMac.

Article Link: FastMac's Battery Charger and Flash Accessory Shipping

PcBgone

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
I take it from the pictures you cant leave your case on with this additional battery...how disappointing!

sfh

macrumors regular
May 27, 2008
Sacramento CA
Should come in handy... I wonder if the camera compensates for the flash for proper exposure? i guess i'll have to wait and see

Ashyukun

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
One thing I'd potentially be worried about with it is that it looks like it blocks the speaker and mic on the bottom, so it might not be that feasible to use it to make calls without a headset of some sort...

The Governor

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
What's with the color scheme? The picture of the back is grey, and the front picture is black. 2 tone. Couldn't at least made it all black or all white?

barbourdg

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2002
dallas
I think its awesome. I am about to take a long trip to Italy, and could care less what it looks like. As long as I have enough juice to watch my movies on my journey :):)

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

$79.95 isn't too bad. Someone needs to buy it and let me know how it is. I need one!

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
One thing I'd potentially be worried about with it is that it looks like it blocks the speaker and mic on the bottom, so it might not be that feasible to use it to make calls without a headset of some sort...

if u look on their website there are wholes

jlanuez

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
USA
I think its awesome. I am about to take a long trip to Italy, and could care less what it looks like. As long as I have enough juice to watch my movies on my journey :):)

This is the only use I can think of; Cross country or international flights.
My iPhone battery does not make it cross country with phone calls in the airports, usage on the flights, etc... By the end of a long travel day - the iPhone is done in.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
I would think this would be really handy for longer travel and holidays and the like... Not anything I would put on my phone for regular use...

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Should come in handy... I wonder if the camera compensates for the flash for proper exposure? i guess i'll have to wait and see

Does it "flash"? It seems to me that you turn on the light, and then take your picture while the light remains on. I don't think that it flashes (could be wrong though).

Cheers.:):apple:

dogged

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2007
There's a $10 3G tax.

When you go to order it on the site, it shows that the 2G model is $79, the 3G "option" is $89.

Otherwise, I think its an attractive idea... if the flash really improves the pictures it can take (which I have my doubts), then it would be worth it to me.

esquire360

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
I like it!

totally useful, even as an emergency charger, that you can use while its re-upping your iphone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.