Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smearbrick

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Central PA
always a 'you're looking at it wrong' roundabout explanation for giving democrats a pass. no impartiality or pretense of it. sigh... its all so predictable.

Go ahead and hit the thumbs down. doesn't make it less true.

--

democrats were all over Kavanaugh, and the most damning accusations that necessarily meant he was guilty is that he confessed to liking beer.

here there's credible Biden accusations, in addition to his overwhelmingly creepy repeated behavior with kids caught on camera during hearings and meetings, publicly, and openly, and democrats don't seem at all questioning of his character. But Trump 'tweets mean things'

At least an article like this is forthright in its intentions and perspective.

For some politics have gotten to be more powerful and influential than the most devoutly religious are towards their religion. And not knocking religion, in all situations, just comparing the two.

^ 'oh thats just Joe, he was just being friendly!' yeah perfectly reasonable explanation.

There are countless examples of things like this, who knows what happens when the cameras aren't rolling. but it probably aint good.
Why is everything always a democratic conspiracy? If it’s not the media lying to the public, it’s the intelligence community. Now you are saying the FBI (who exists under the full authority of the president).

If crimes were committed, people should be prosecuted. Stop playing a party victim.

Reactions: CarlJ and Silencio

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH

It in the news when it happened but I'm not sure what news agencies chose to ignore it. If all you watch is MSNBC and CNN you’re not going to get a complete story of the news. It’s the same way if you just watch only Fox News. If you didn’t see this on the news when it happened you should consider some additional sources for news. By all means keep watching the propaganda that CNN puts out but go online and look for other news. This way when a major event like that happens you won’t be in the dark.

Your claim is that she told her husband and that he then sold their stock.

What your source actually says:

“The Democratic senator from California, Diane Feinstein, who’s a ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, sold stock owned by herself and her husband valued at $1.5 million and $6 million between Jan. 31 and Feb. 18. Tom Mentzer, a spokesperson for Feinstein, said, ‘All of Senator Feinstein’s assets are in a blind trust.’ Mentzer added, ‘She has no involvement in her husband’s financial decisions.’”

Reactions: CarlJ

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Senator Burr is stepping down as chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. Mission accomplished.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
Which if true, is far different than what the person claimed was fact, and what I was responding to.
[automerge]1589471554[/automerge]

Why?

Why? Because 4 Senators on those committees sold hundreds of thousands of dollars, each (and one nearly 2 million), in stocks after the classified meeting where it was identified how dangerous this could be to the economy. Loeffler, Inhofe, Feinstein, Burr.

Call it what you want. A form of insider trading... putting private finance ahead of public health. Whatever. They cheated the game.

Burr is stepping down from the Intelligence Committee in light of this investigation.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Why is everything always a democratic conspiracy? If it’s not the media lying to the public, it’s the intelligence community. Now you are saying the FBI (who exists under the full authority of the president).

If crimes were committed, people should be prosecuted. Stop playing a party victim.

Are you tone deaf? Obama weaponized CIA, DOJ, FBI, FISA courts, (and IRS for targeting conservatives in 2012) against political opposition and he was exposed for it. CAUGHT RED HANDED. And dearly Joseph Biden is on that list of people who did it It's called Obamagate and its not going anyway any time soon. . No matter how hard you want it to or the screeching media does. Unmasking a private citizen, especially one who served his country for 33 years (gen Flynn), is a big no no. To sabotage an incoming president, and not issue a peaceful transition of power but to act as shadow president this whole time, is treason of the highest order.

Now is the fun times for democrats in power and the media. They will continue to sell each other out for hopes of amnesty until there's no one left and 'leave Obama alone'.

but MUH RUSSIA!!!!! Hold onto the dream even after Mueller barely even knew his own name.
but 'TRUMP IS OBSESSED WITH OBAMA'
but 'THIS IS RACIST!'
these remarks aren't going to make any difference in terms of fallout that will occur from this revelation that many have known for some time, that Russia stuff is nonsense and Obama sabotaged Trump in defiance of the law. They didn't think Hillary would lose but she did so now they are pulling out all stops to save their rears. Which is screeching at orange man. and weaponizing the media to gaslight the public.

Everything is about to turn upside down for liberals living in fairy tale land for far too long. Not a good time -- so buckle up!

The previous administration eroded any faith we could have in any of these institutions that do have lots of patriots working there. The fish rots from the head though, and all paths lead back to your favorite Netflix man.

--

If political actors think holding USA hostage in hopes people will starve to death and go broke, and spitefully vote joe Biden over orange man, they are in for quite a rude awakening.

Last edited:

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008

It in the news when it happened but I'm not sure what news agencies chose to ignore it. If all you watch is MSNBC and CNN you’re not going to get a complete story of the news. It’s the same way if you just watch only Fox News. If you didn’t see this on the news when it happened you should consider some additional sources for news. By all means keep watching the propaganda that CNN puts out but go online and look for other news. This way when a major event like that happens you won’t be in the dark.

It is always wise to visit multiple sources. I sometimes want a perspective from the conservative side but the only reputable conservative news site that I know of is The Wall Street Journal. Even they are no longer considered part of the conservative side now though because they have the audacity to criticize Trump.

I would love to hear some rational and thoughtful stances from the conservative side but I haven't found any.

At least in current times I believe that is largely because Donald Trump accuses anyone who criticizes him as being an enemy and his irrational supporters hang on his every incoherent statement.

Reactions: BuffaloTF and CarlJ

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Why? Because 4 Senators on those committees sold hundreds of thousands of dollars, each (and one nearly 2 million), in stocks after the classified meeting where it was identified how dangerous this could be to the economy. Loeffler, Inhofe, Feinstein, Burr.

Call it what you want. A form of insider trading... putting private finance ahead of public health. Whatever. They cheated the game.

Burr is stepping down from the Intelligence Committee in light of this investigation.

Agree with how the current Burr investigation is going.

Can you support your claim and present evidence that the other three engaged in insider trading? That's a very serious claim you are making.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
It's called Obamagate and its not going anyway any time soon ... gaslight the public.

Yeah....... no.

This "Obamagate" thing didn't exist until 3 days ago for a reason. It doesn't exist. Nobody knows what it is, because it literally isn't a thing. The dummy in charge needs an enemy -- to pull the only thing reality-based in your diatribe -- to gaslight his supporters. Create a lie, repeat it often, and eventually people believe it; accuse others of what you are guilty of. It's called the Big Lie and it's propaganda 101.

jarman92

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2014
Incorrect. I am a law enforcement officer who has experience serving search warrants to Apple, specifically for iCloud data. Apple is required by 18 USC 2703 to provide user data with a proper search warrant. These warrants are not difficult to write. On warrants I have served Apple, I have been provided with user logon dates, what service they accessed, the time, IP address, logoff time, and, for photos, all photos/Live Photos/videos stored in their account. I have obtained data spanning several years in many cases.

You cannot stop a warrant from being executed. You can get it tossed out if the probable cause was weak, but you can't stop it.

EDIT: Yes, I get iMessage data too.

I don't see how what you said means that OP was "incorrect." Apple can only provide that data if they can actually access it, and Apply cannot access E2E encrypted data on their servers. They will provide the data they are physically able to in response to a relevant subpoena. And as you said, those subpoenas can be challenged in court, although only after the fact.

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
Just the last 3? Your world is so simple.

Correct. Just the last 3 years. We were doing great for the 8 years before that, as our economy has shown.

I am glad people understand what real corruption looks like now given what we've seen over the last 3 years.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah....... no.

This "Obamagate" thing didn't exist until 3 days ago for a reason. It doesn't exist. Nobody knows what it is, because it literally isn't a thing. The dummy in charge needs an enemy -- to pull the only thing reality-based in your diatribe -- to gaslight his supporters. Create a lie, repeat it often, and eventually people believe it; accuse others of what you are guilty of. It's called the Big Lie and it's propaganda 101.

Oh man. You’re in for quite the ride is all I can say. Especially if you think this is 3 days old, the entire scandal. Not the naming of it but the scandal itself

I’m not jealous of you rn

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
Agree with respect to the current Burr investigation.

Can you support your claim and present evidence that the other three engaged in insider trading? That's a very serious claim you are making.

well, one of the other 3 is cited in the source article, Kelly Loeffler. But tell me a site that you trust so you don't question my motives, and I'll get the article for you from there or from an equivalent "scope" website. Or just search '4 senators sold stock covid briefing' on google and pick what you trust. Those 4 sold hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars in stocks right before the public was aware.
[automerge]1589474577[/automerge]
Oh man. You’re in for quite the ride is all I can say. Especially if you think this is 3 days old, the entire scandal. Not the naming of it but the scandal itself

Yeah... no. It didn't exist until the moron tweeted about it Sunday night into Monday morning. And it only became a thing because Obama said, on the phone to someone, that he's doing a poor job and somebody else leaked that.

Sorry.

Reactions: Dana Beck

jarman92

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2014
Are you tone deaf? Obama weaponized CIA, DOJ, FBI, FISA courts, (and IRS for targeting conservatives in 2012) against political opposition and he was exposed for it. CAUGHT RED HANDED. And dearly Joseph Biden is on that list of people who did it It's called Obamagate and its not going anyway any time soon. . No matter how hard you want it to or the screeching media does. Unmasking a private citizen, especially one who served his country for 33 years, is a big no no. To sabotage an incoming president, and not issue a peaceful transition of power but to act as shadow president this whole time, is treason of the highest order.

Now is the fun times for democrats in power and the media. They will continue to sell each other out for hopes of amnesty until there's no one left and 'leave Obama alone'.

but MUH RUSSIA!!!!! Hold onto the dream even after Mueller barely even knew his own name.
but 'TRUMP IS OBSESSED WITH OBAMA'
but 'THIS IS RACIST!'
these remarks aren't going to make any difference in terms of fallout that will occur from this revelation that many have known for some time, that Russia stuff is nonsense and Obama sabotaged Trump in defiance of the law. They didn't think Hillary would lose but she did so now they are pulling out all stops to save their rears. Which is screeching at orange man. and weaponizing the media to gaslight the public.

Everything is about to turn upside down for liberals living in fairy tale land for far too long. Not a good time -- so buckle up!

The previous administration eroded any faith we could have in any of these institutions that do have lots of patriots working there. The fish rots from the head though, and all paths lead back to your favorite Netflix man.

--

If political actors think holding USA hostage in hopes people will starve to death and go broke, and spitefully vote joe Biden over orange man, they are in for quite a rude awakening.

...so where in that deranged fever dream do you explain why the FBI—which is under the auspices of the DoJ, which is headed by Bill Barr, who was hand-picked by Trump—seized a prominent Republican senator's phone pursuant to a federal investigation?
[automerge]1589474884[/automerge]
well, one of the other 3 is cited in the source article, Kelly Loeffler. But tell me a site that you trust so you don't question my motives, and I'll get the article for you from there or from an equivalent "scope" website. Or just search '4 senators sold stock covid briefing' on google and pick what you trust. Those 4 sold hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars in stocks right before the public was aware.
[automerge]1589474577[/automerge]

Yeah... no. It didn't exist until the moron tweeted about it Sunday night into Monday morning. And it only became a thing because Obama said, on the phone to someone, that he's doing a poor job and somebody else leaked that.

Sorry.

Mostly agree, but the issue with the trades isn't necessarily that they knew before they public—we all knew about SARS-CoV as far back as December—it's that the 3 Republicans knew about it but told the public that everything would be fine. Sen Feinstein left the meeting and sounded the alarm, which would make no sense if she wanted to sell while the market was up.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011

"Because 4 Senators on those committees sold hundreds of thousands of dollars, each (and one nearly 2 million), in stocks after the classified meeting where it was identified how dangerous this could be to the economy. Loeffler, Inhofe, Feinstein, Burr."

You made the claim suggesting the others engaged in insider trading. A very serious criminal charge. I'm simply asking you to produce your evidence that supports your claim.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
It is always wise to visit multiple sources. I sometimes want a perspective from the conservative side but the only reputable conservative news site that I know of is The Wall Street Journal. Even they are no longer considered part of the conservative side now though because they have the audacity to criticize Trump.

I would love to hear some rational and thoughtful stances from the conservative side but I haven't found any.

At least in current times I believe that is largely because Donald Trump accuses anyone who criticizes him as being an enemy and his irrational supporters hang on his every incoherent statement.
The problem is news reporters are about like the people here on this form. The people that hate trump straight up hate him so even if he does something that’s outstanding they’ll either ignore it or somehow make it into a bad thing. The people that love Trump are the same way in the sense that he could do something bad and they'll ignore it. The media is pretty much all anti-Trump except Fox News. I wouldn’t call Fox News pro Trump but maybe some of the newscasters are. Well I would like his news without a pro or anti-trump spin but that will never happen as long as the media is controlled by government political parties

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
...so where in that deranged fever dream do you explain why the FBI—which is under the auspices of the DoJ, which is headed by Bill Barr, who was hand-picked by Trump—seized a prominent Republican senator's phone pursuant to a federal investigation?
[automerge]1589474884[/automerge]

Times are changing. Obviously. And Barr has woken out of his slumber finally.

And Im not defending the actions of the US REPUBLICAN senator in question in the thread. There's filth on both sides.

Is that so tough to say?

Im merely illustrating the cognitive dissonance that leans more one way politically than the other. Total refusal of basic facts however uncomfortable and disappointing they may be.

Reactions: savagemic

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
"Because 4 Senators on those committees sold hundreds of thousands of dollars, each (and one nearly 2 million), in stocks after the classified meeting where it was identified how dangerous this could be to the economy. Loeffler, Inhofe, Feinstein, Burr."

You made the claim the others engaged in insider trading. A very serious criminal charge. I'm simply asking to produce your evidence that supports your claim.

OK. And I'm asking you for what citation you'd prefer, because I can already tell no matter what I give you -- you're going to dismiss it. So, the onus is on you to tell me what evidence you'll accept.

There's undeniable facts present here. 4 Senators on 2 committees (1 of 15 members, another of 24 members; with some overlap) sold stocks, some in the multi-million dollar range. All did so before the stock market crash and immediately after classified briefings on covid-19. This isn't about the citation you won't accept anyway, it's about intellectual honesty. You're looking for something to validate how you feel, and you're going to deny anything that doesn't. Instead, you need to be more honest with yourself.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
OK. And I'm asking you for what citation you'd prefer, because I can already tell no matter what I give you -- you're going to dismiss it. So, the onus is on you to tell me what evidence you'll accept.

There's undeniable facts present here. 4 Senators on 2 committees (1 of 15 members, another of 24 members; with some overlap) sold stocks, some in the multi-million dollar range. All did so before the stock market crash and immediately after classified briefings on covid-19. This isn't about the citation you won't accept anyway, it's about intellectual honesty. You're looking for something to validate how you feel, and you're going to deny anything that doesn't. Instead, you need to be more honest with yourself.

What? That's absurd. You may be fine with making criminal accusations against others without evidence. I'm not.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
What? That's absurd. You may be fine with making criminal accusations against others without evidence. I'm not.

What I'm not fine with is people with poor reading comprehension skills and misrepresenting actual words used.

"Call it what you want. A form of insider trading... putting private finance ahead of public health. Whatever. They cheated the game."

Quite different in full context rather than 2 words selectively pulled, no?

Which gets back to my point about intellectual honesty...

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I don't see how what you said means that OP was "incorrect." Apple can only provide that data if they can actually access it, and Apply cannot access E2E encrypted data on their servers. They will provide the data they are physically able to in response to a relevant subpoena. And as you said, those subpoenas can be challenged in court, although only after the fact.

Because 1) iCloud data is not encrypted E2E, and 2) I have actually practical experience obtaining such information via a search warrant. Not speculation. First-hand knowledge.

Reactions: TheWill2

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
What I'm not fine with is people with poor reading comprehension skills and misrepresenting actual words used.

"Call it what you want. A form of insider trading... putting private finance ahead of public health. Whatever. They cheated the game."

Quite different in full context rather than 2 words selectively pulled, no?

Which gets back to my point about intellectual honesty...

Any form of insider trading is a criminal offense. You have produced no evidence that supports your claim.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
As a fund manager, I would say anyone who even read the news was stupid to stay in the markets. I don’t blame these people at all. They were correct to sell. There’s no reason to “hold good investments” on their way down. You can buy them back after they have bottomed out.

What’s more ridiculous is all over YouTube I have seen these influencers and so called experts giving absolutely horrible advice they themselves would never follow. And then see other more money focused influencers stating how they just have to put more money into their retirement accounts to offset the losses. Ugh! Absurd advice.

Warren Buffett, who is considers one of the best investors ever had over $150B in cash available recently. That’s so he can wait out this whole pandemic and buy low!!! That’s the whole reality and why most people who have 401ks and IRAs lose so much, they never watch their money and just wait for a quarterly or annual statement to review their finances. The only people making money are the financial advisers and those who are smart enough to short certain sectors and buy put options on stocks that cannot possibly stay at their current valuations. I’m looking at TSLA and AAPL for sure here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.