Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smearbrick

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Central PA
Are you tone deaf? Obama weaponized CIA, DOJ, FBI, FISA courts, (and IRS for targeting conservatives in 2012) against political opposition and he was exposed for it. CAUGHT RED HANDED. And dearly Joseph Biden is on that list of people who did it It's called Obamagate and its not going anyway any time soon. . No matter how hard you want it to or the screeching media does. Unmasking a private citizen, especially one who served his country for 33 years (gen Flynn), is a big no no. To sabotage an incoming president, and not issue a peaceful transition of power but to act as shadow president this whole time, is treason of the highest order.

Now is the fun times for democrats in power and the media. They will continue to sell each other out for hopes of amnesty until there's no one left and 'leave Obama alone'.

but MUH RUSSIA!!!!! Hold onto the dream even after Mueller barely even knew his own name.
but 'TRUMP IS OBSESSED WITH OBAMA'
but 'THIS IS RACIST!'
these remarks aren't going to make any difference in terms of fallout that will occur from this revelation that many have known for some time, that Russia stuff is nonsense and Obama sabotaged Trump in defiance of the law. They didn't think Hillary would lose but she did so now they are pulling out all stops to save their rears. Which is screeching at orange man. and weaponizing the media to gaslight the public.

Everything is about to turn upside down for liberals living in fairy tale land for far too long. Not a good time -- so buckle up!

The previous administration eroded any faith we could have in any of these institutions that do have lots of patriots working there. The fish rots from the head though, and all paths lead back to your favorite Netflix man.

--

If political actors think holding USA hostage in hopes people will starve to death and go broke, and spitefully vote joe Biden over orange man, they are in for quite a rude awakening.
Ah... Obamagate... here it comes. I read that word and knew immediately what I was dealing with. Next time, don’t lead with that.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
As a fund manager, I would say anyone who even read the news was stupid to stay in the markets. I don’t blame these people at all. They were correct to sell.

Even if someone should trade with the benefit of privileged information, not available to the public?

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
No. I have no interest in libeling people. You may do as you wish.

no, you just have no interest in admitting you didn't bother to read what I wrote, or didn't have the capacity to understand what was written.

The SEC agrees with me and issued a warning that such trades impact market integrity when the image of insider trading is presented.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Ah... Obamagate... here it comes. I read that word and knew immediately what I was dealing with. Next time, don’t lead with that.

I do what I want thanks.

its the Achilles heel of any liberal.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN OBAMA WASNT THE FRIENDLY LATE NIGHT GUEST WE ALL THOUGHT HE WAS?? IMPOSSIBLE! MY DREAMS SHATTERED!!

We are talking about cold blooded treason, but you let your politics stand in the way from seeing the obvious.

It pains you to hear it. A word that has summarized and embodied the overwhelming corruption and abuse of power of the previous Administration.

jarman92

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2014
Times are changing. Obviously. And Barr has woken out of his slumber finally.

And Im not defending the actions of the US REPUBLICAN senator in question in the thread. There's filth on both sides.

Is that so tough to say?

Im merely illustrating the cognitive dissonance that leans more one way politically than the other. Total refusal of basic facts however uncomfortable and disappointing they may be.

"Data obtained by Fox News shows that thousands of unmasking requests have been fulfilled every year across both the Obama and Trump administrations, reflecting the often routine nature of these requests in intelligence work. The practice is regarded as an important national security tool, a view reflected by these numbers."
[automerge]1589476932[/automerge]
I do what I want thanks.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN OBAMA WASNT THE FRIENDLY LATE NIGHT GUEST WE ALL THOUGHT HE WAS?? IMPOSSIBLE! MY DREAMS SHATTERED!!

We are talking about cold blooded treason, but you let your politics stand in the way from seeing the obvious.

It pains you to hear it. A word that has summarized and embodied the overwhelming corruption and abuse of power of the previous Administration.

What do you think "treason" means? Just out of curiosity.

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Good thing I didn't sell my stock on Feb 13 or I be under investigation too. Oh wait. I'm not a congressman so it okay for me to do so.
This is rather incoherent. You’re suggesting private insider traders are being given a pass?
1. You didn’t commit the crime (right?) so why would you be busted?
2. If you did, you could be just as busted as a member of Congress.
3. Members of Congress are under the microscope for this sort of thing, especially Chairs of Senate Intelligence Committees, so are more likely to get busted. As soon as you’re Chairing a congressional committee, you can expect to get busted too.
4. We have no idea what private citizens are in the process of getting busted anyway.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
no, you just have no interest in admitting you didn't bother to read what I wrote, or didn't have the capacity to understand what was written.

I read and understood exactly what you wrote. You made a claim that has yet to be substantiated.

You should read the CNBC piece more carefully with respect to the SEC.

Reactions: CarlJ

Smearbrick

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Central PA
No mention of Senator Feinstein? She dumped shares as well.
I do what I want thanks.

"Data obtained by Fox News shows that thousands of unmasking requests have been fulfilled every year across both the Obama and Trump administrations, reflecting the often routine nature of these requests in intelligence work. The practice is regarded as an important national security tool, a view reflected by these numbers."
[automerge]1589476932[/automerge]

What do you think "treason" means? Just out of curiosity.

I think this guy summed it up quite nicely. Move on.

jarman92

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2014
Because 1) iCloud data is not encrypted E2E, and 2) I have actually practical experience obtaining such information via a search warrant. Not speculation. First-hand knowledge.

OP didn't say otherwise though...they said that Apple "will provide whatever data they can access that is mentioned in the warrant." If the person in question actually has unencrypted iCloud data, Apple will turn it over. Photos, however, are E2E encrypted, so Apple can't turn those over even if they wanted to. Nobody said anything different. You seem to have just wanted to tell everyone that you used to be involved in warrants. Which is fine, but you didn't really contribute anything else to the conversation.

littyboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Well, if you actually have evidence of wrong doing by Sen. Feinstein, then you should get in touch with the FBI.

If you don't have evidence - and we both know that you don't, you are just making yourself look more foolish.

When did I say I had evidence? It's called investigation for a reason. You really think senators using third party firms had zero influence on those investments? And who's to say they didn't tell friends/family insider info? Who's really the foolish one here?

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
Probably cuz she's playing the "I don't make the trades, someone else does it for me" card. Apparently it's "blinded" but we all know that's a lie. No worries, rich people will come after her.

Burr basically had no excuse and said he did it based on public info instead of private lol.

Why is this a lie? This happens all of the time. Most of the market is automated at this point.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
No mention of Senator Feinstein? She dumped shares as well.
Out of the 4 senators under scrutiny, Burr is the only one whose initial statement admitted to making the sales personally.
Probably cuz she's playing the "I don't make the trades, someone else does it for me" card. Apparently it's "blinded" but we all know that's a lie. No worries, rich people will come after her.
So exactly what does Senator Feinstein did. It still doesn’t explain why she wasn’t charged
If her stock shares were managed by a blind trust, with no input/instruction based on privileged information from her, then that is not insider trading.

According to Senator Feinstein, she didn't personally make the decision to dump the investments, but her husband, who is an investment banker, makes financial decisions.

I am unsure if that gives her a pass, I would think not.

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008
The funny part of all of these conspiracy theory Republicans is that they love to come up with false narratives about the opposing party being corrupt, yet they love and adore Donald Trump who is the one actually committing misdeeds.

The fantasy they live in is preferable to actual reality.

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
Are you tone deaf? Obama weaponized CIA, DOJ, FBI, FISA courts, (and IRS for targeting conservatives in 2012) against political opposition and he was exposed for it.

That's their job. They're SUPPOSED to investigate criminal activities.

You are not allowed to commit crimes just because you are conservative.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
That's their job. They're SUPPOSED to investigate criminal activities.

You are not allowed to commit crimes just because you are conservative.

weaponization is their job. got it. 'investigating' someone they willfully knew was innocent

its an absolute low point of American history is what it is.

I don't care how much you hate trump. what they did is outright unambiguous treason.

Aleco

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
If briefings in February contained such vital information that were heading to troubling times, then why did we start national lockdown mid-March (a whole month later)?

I find it hard to believe these “daily briefings“ had any information at all. We would’ve seen a lot more senators sell off their portfolio.

littyboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Why is this a lie? This happens all of the time. Most of the market is automated at this point.

I agree that there's programs to buy/sell base on algorithms and such. But if you look into let's say Feinstein, and even if you believe that she's completely detached from the third party firm's actions, Her husband however did his own trading at the around the same period. Her response was that she's not involved in her husbands financial decisions... we talking millions of dollars here and she's not involved? Definitely some fishy and foul play here.

macsimcon

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008

"18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

1. Russia has committed cyberattacks against the United States
2. Friends don't attack each other, enemies do

Thus

Russia is our enemy.

Who was it who wanted sanctions lifted against Russia? Why, it was President Trump! By the letter of the law, President Trump has committed actual treason.

Now, tell us exactly how President Obama committed "cold blooded" (whatever that means) treason?

Reactions: CarlJ

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
"18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

1. Russia has committed cyberattacks against the United States
2. Friends don't attack each other, enemies do

Thus

Russia is our enemy.

Who was it who wanted sanctions lifted against Russia? Why, it was President Trump! By the letter of the law, President Trump has committed actual treason.

Now, tell us exactly how President Obama committed "cold blooded" (whatever that means) treason?

So you're arguing that Obamagate isn't a gate but a shining example of patriotism and what these agencies were designed to do?

How can I possibly respond in a way that might even remotely change your position? Incredible.

Why do all of these officials not see it that way and go about their lives in fright of what's to come, rather than be prideful of it?

I truly find it disgusting this is the spin you put on it. There is no way on earth I have a chance to change your mind. Nor would I want to you've convinced yourself what you want to.

macsimcon

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
I agree that there's programs to buy/sell base on algorithms and such. But if you look into let's say Feinstein, and even if you believe that she's completely detached from the third party firm's actions, Her husband however did his own trading at the around the same period. Her response was that she's not involved in her husbands financial decisions... we talking millions of dollars here and she's not involved? Definitely some fishy and foul play here.

What law school did you attend? "Fishy" does not equal evidence. Do you actually have evidence that Senator Feinstein was involved in these trades? No? Well, until you do, perhaps you should stop with the baseless speculation. There was enough evidence against a sitting senator that a judge approved a warrant; it's a pretty hefty burden which must be met. If you wanted to speculate about Senator Burr, that's fine, but there's no evidence yet that Senator Feinstein has done anything illegal (and being a Republican disguised as a Democrat isn't illegal, it's just deplorable).
[automerge]1589480433[/automerge]
So you're arguing that Obamagate isn't a gate but a shining example of patriotism and what these agencies were designed to do?

So we both understand what we're talking about, could you please define "Obamagate" for me? Is it Fast and Furious? Is it drone strikes without oversight? His illegal campaign fundraising?

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008
If briefings in February contained such vital information that were heading to troubling times, then why did we start national lockdown mid-March (a whole month later)?

I find it hard to believe these “daily briefings“ had any information at all. We would’ve seen a lot more senators sell off their portfolio.

The Trump administration reacted very slowly and that's why you see such a long delay. Even now Trump is pushing to open the economy against the advice of the medical experts around him.

As far as more senators selling off their portfolio, they know it is illegal to do so when they have insider information and I imagine they simply opted to not commit a crime.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
always a 'you're looking at it wrong' roundabout explanation for giving democrats a pass. no impartiality or pretense of it. sigh... its all so predictable.

Go ahead and hit the thumbs down. doesn't make it less true.

--

democrats were all over Kavanaugh, and the most damning accusations that necessarily meant he was guilty is that he confessed to liking beer.

here there's credible Biden accusations, in addition to his overwhelmingly creepy repeated behavior with kids caught on camera during hearings and meetings, publicly, and openly, and democrats don't seem at all questioning of his character. But Trump 'tweets mean things'

At least an article like this is forthright in its intentions and perspective.

For some politics have gotten to be more powerful and influential than the most devoutly religious are towards their religion. And not knocking religion, in all situations, just comparing the two.

^ 'oh thats just Joe, he was just being friendly!' yeah perfectly reasonable explanation.

There are countless examples of things like this, who knows what happens when the cameras aren't rolling. but it probably aint good.

There’s plenty of holes in Tara Reade’s story and they keep changing every time someone interviews her. There could be some misbehavior but I don’t believe there was an actual sexual assault by Biden.
Most shocking of all, she claims the only reason she hasn’t come forward with all this before was out of respect for him as a person. I call the gold standard BS!

Read that article!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Not surprised at all that they would do this instead of, you know, actually being a public servant as they were elected to do. But you know, as the president says, the Coronavirus will just magically disappear so why have a plan when you can profit off the drop and buy on the bounce? I think the financial assets of all public officials should be either frozen or cashed out when entering office so there is less conflict of interest. I expect to see more of this going forward as they let crisis after crisis languish so that they can buy low.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.