Fed up with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patseguin, Jul 19, 2010.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Well, I think it's time I took a look at Verizon and Sprint's offerings. Apple's press conference was a joke. I have to use a bumper on my phone in order to not have signal loss. I have to use my phone on speaker-phone in order to talk to anyone without my face hitting buttons. Bluetooth randomly shuts off. I'm not sure what it is about Apple, but any other product I would have returned on day 1. Anyone else pretty fed up and ready to bail on iPhone? What are the best alternatives? Droid X and HTC Incredible?

2. impulse77 macrumors member

impulse77

If you are FED up take it back. Listen to the Antenna Song. Fix on Prox will be out soon!!

3. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

Are you Steve? Hehe j/k. The Sprint phone I meant to mention is the HTC Evo 4G.

4. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Take it back.

droid x, evo 4g, samsung captivate.....

5. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're unhappy with it, then return the phone. Why complain about something that is failing to live up to your standard. I mean you're spending a lot of money on the device. Get one that better suites your needs/desires.

7. skiltrip macrumors 68030

8. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

If these issues are deal breakers for you (namely using the phone in a case and waiting for a s/w fix for the proximity sensor) than yes I'd bail.

As for the alternatives, I would buy a Motorola Android phone over anything HTC makes. Droid X is a nice piece of hardware, as will be the Droid 2 coming out in August. Android is not IOS 4 however, and you will notice the differance easily within 1 week's time of using it.

9. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If I had an iPhone that has been as much trouble as you say, I'd certainly get shot of it and buy something else. :D

10. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Move Along

Nothing to see here folks .... move along .. move along! :D

11. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Exchange it or return it. It's your money so if you don't like the phone, get something else.

Note - What did you really expect at the press conference ?

12. spades1412 macrumors 6502

13. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I agree with you...to a point.

Yes, these issues are a pain. But the iPhone still has the best UI (by far IMO), more apps and is intuitive. I could go on but you get the point.

Unfortunately, right now, the iPhone is like driving a Ferrari. Fantastic looking, lightning quick, incredible build quality but with maintenance issues and quirks.

Hopefully, some of this stuff will get ironed out soon.

I have a case on mine and no prox sens issues.

Weird that some people are having terrible prox sens issues and some of us are having none at all.

I hope you can find a phone that compares to the iPhone. I looked...and can't.

14. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

Thanks for the only useful post. ;)

Yeah, a flawed piece of hardware is a deal breaker. All the Apple fanatics seem to be willing to live with it and have this "just return it if you don't like it" attitude. I have no problem with a mod just locking this thread if it upsets people. I was merely stating my frustration and asking for opinions on alternatives.

Rotobadger - you bring up very valid points. I'm not sure I'll find anything feature-wise that will compare.

15. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

All that and you're a PITA too. Sorry to learn about your "bad luck."

16. big0mar macrumors regular

17. BadMoon macrumors 6502

For all of you people that keep posting "return it". I do believe that was the point of the OP's thread. He plans on returning it and would like to know what other options are out there. ;)

If you are unhappy with AT&T I can't recommend Verizon enough. From what I can tell the Droid X seems to be your best bet if you can deal with the size over the Incredible. I would go to a Verizon store and see if they have one that you can play with.

Sorry your iPhone isn't working for you. I love mine. :apple: Will love it even more when I get my home button fixed! :D

18. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

+1

I don't even come here as often, cause all the posts are about people displeased with their iPhone. It's real simple. If you don't like it, take it back. We've said it here. Companies give you a return period for a reason. Even Steve said it. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use an iPhone. Want a Droid X? EVO? Blackberry? Go ahead and get one.

19. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Went to Verizon and played with the Droid X. Nice phone, big screen. But after half an hour of messing with it I was relieved to get back to my iPhone 4.

I've gotten to the point where I believe the only iPhone killer will be the next iPhone. ;)

20. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes that is the point of the thread but does the OP really have to tell MacRumors about it? 99% of the people here really don't care or even need to know this. The OP just needs to do it and quit posting about it. We know, some people are not happy.

21. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Is that the way you treat a long standing board member around these parts? It appears they have been a member since 2003? Maybe he or she has friends on the boards and wanted THEIR opinions? Not some douchey "return it" remark.

IMO what I have noticed in the short time on this board is that the people complaining about the complainers are far worse then the actually complainer. Not to mention rude and inconsiderate. Make sense? Who cares? Let them vent, make threads, whatever. If you don't want to read a thread that is obviously meant to be a type of thread you don't want to read then quess what? DONT READ IT! Kinda like "return it" huh? LOL!

22. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Ok, why don't we all start posting about things that we are going to do today:

I'm going to the bank soon.
    After that, I'm stopping at AT&T to convert my three iPhone accounts into a family plan.

I am thinking of getting some anti glare films for my two 3GS phones.

I need to buy some groceries later and lots of sobe drinks since they are still on sale for $.88.

Wash cloths. clean bathroom. cut hair. hummm anything else?

23. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

What does it matter if you have 1 bar or 5 bars? If you've got a connection with one bar, it's fine - isn't it?