FedEx "Package Data"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rickity Rick, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Rickity Rick macrumors member

What does the " Package data transmitted to FedEx" mean on the tracking system on FedEx.com mean??

does it mean its being shipped to the US?

2. xerikx macrumors regular

See the other two threads about them being shipped

3. jyhwkm macrumors newbie

It means the manufacturing plant has notified FedEx that the package is ready to be picked up for shipping.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

It means that whoever's shipping it has created the record of the shipment in FedEx's system. It doesn't mean that FedEx actually has the package yet.

5. Rickity Rick thread starter macrumors member

oh so its still in china then?

does that mean i'll receive it on this friday, cuz apple said i'd get it on friday

6. mithykal macrumors regular

7. tytanic11 macrumors member

My order says "Package Data transmitted to FedEx", has since it 'shipped' over 24 hours ago. I just called FedEx and Apple. FedEx claims that the package is *not* in their possession, but the Apple employee claims it's definitely out of their warehouse. Both companies phone support people were very nice and helpful, Apple offered me a refund for my 2 day shipping if it's not here Friday. It seems they're telling everyone who's stuck on 'Data Transmitted' that they should expect their iPods on Friday the 28th.

8. aft macrumors regular

I've heard a lot of people with this issue, I'm one of them too! Let's hope it gets shipped for REAL soon. I'm raising hell with Apple if I don't get it by Friday, that's what their email says for me too.

9. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

It means that an airbill has been generated for the package, that also generates the tracking #.

Remember that they are making & shipping thousands of these. They leave the factory on pallets, so it would take hours to run the labels and affix them to the packages. That is why the message "Package Data transmitted to FedEx" is showing up, it is still at the factory.

10. tytanic11 macrumors member

Some of ours have been on 'Package data' for well over 24 hours now; it doesn't take that long.

Also, Apple Customer Service specifically told me that they can see in their tracking system that my iPod has in fact left their factory, and is in FedEx's possession.

11. Rickity Rick thread starter macrumors member

its the packaging receiving stage

12. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

That would be correct, pallets, lots & lots of pallets. They have iPods, they have iPhones, they have MacBooks, and they have MacBook Pro's. The pallets are loaded into cargo/freight containers. The labels when generated create the tracking # which is automatically entered into the FedEX system but it doesn't mean that it has left the factories. You have to remember that Apple is contracting with FedEX, FedEX uses DC10's/MD11's, do you know how big those things are? They are not leaving until there full.

13. tytanic11 macrumors member

I do know that at least two MD11's leave Pudong airport for Anchorage per day; do you think they're filled with only Apple products? Surely the pallets are handed off to Fedex, and then loaded onto the daily flights with all of the other U.S.-bound cargo. They shouldn't sit there for as long as some people have been reporting.

14. Rickity Rick thread starter macrumors member

oh but our iTouches and other stuff are still in china right??

15. tytanic11 macrumors member

Almost all of Apple's products are manufactured in China, and shipped directly from there. I can't vouch for where anyone's order in particular is, but they all originate in China.

16. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

^.^

That is the most comforting and wonderful news I have heard all week. Not even kidding. Thank you! I've been stressing (I'm a semi-poor college student and sever Apple fanboy :rolleyes:) on whether I would get my iPod touch by Friday. I'm in this exact same situation, aside from the fact that I haven't called Apple or FedEx lately. :p Well, here's hoping I come back from Japanese on Friday to see a laminated delivery slip in my dorm mailbox. *crosses fingers*

17. aft macrumors regular

FedEx delivers on time, I deal with them everyday and have seen them miss ship dates 4 times in the last 3 years and all four times were snow emergencies or hurricanes. Apple isn't the only company shipping things from China, I'm sure our iPods will be on planes with half of Wal-Marts stock. I've never seen this tracking issue, hopefully apple is telling the truth and there isn't a pallet of our iPods sitting in a warehouse somewhere that has been forgotten about.

18. Rickity Rick thread starter macrumors member

aft, you just made my day now i won't hafta worry about the shipping

19. Rickity Rick thread starter macrumors member

does anyone know when my iTouch arrives in US...cuz the "package data" transmitted on the 26th of september...so apple says i will get it on the 28th of september.

also, is the FedEx Tracker broken?

20. Quickdood macrumors regular

Has anyone gotten their package faster than Fedex said it would be there, because mine says it will be here monday but at the rate it is going I can see it easily getting here friday

21. Nova69 macrumors member

The last two packages I got from Apple arrived a day early.

22. Quickdood macrumors regular

Looks like mine is getting here early, it is only an hour and a half away and I still have Friday. Unless they just leaving it there until Monday which would kill me...

23. Quickdood macrumors regular

10 minutes away! Might even get it today, two full days early!

24. aft macrumors regular

I'm beginning to have my doubts. I specifically asked FedEx if they were experiencing a tracking problem in China and they said the typhoon was over a week ago and things have been fine. They also said that there's no way that they picked up my package.

Has anyone received theirs yet?!? On other posts it looked like some people were getting them in 2 days so based on that some people with this problem should be getting them this morning, that is if they are sitting on a lost pallet at Apple's warehouse. I think everyone with this issue needs to call Apple, maybe that will get them to actually look in there warehouse and not on a computer screen:mad:

25. Quickdood macrumors regular

Mine shipped yesterday and it is prob gonna get here today, sorry you are having the problem, but my FEDEX data is working just fine