Final iPad 2 shipments will be occuring in the next 2 weeks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jp700p, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

- iPad 2's will be 8+ weeks back ordered due to component manufacturing shut down (Japan tsunami crisis).

- Apple Stores will start to hoard all shipments of iPad 2's soon. They will be doing a quiet "re-release" on a Friday sometime soon. This "re-lease" will be the last batch. After that, Apple will no longer be opening at 9am for iPad sales.

- The supply that 3rd parties are getting (Best Buy, B&H, Target.. etc..) in the next 2 weeks will be one of the last shipments.

- Apple did hoard iPad's for the international launch but did not hoard as much for the US launch. Massive shortages will occur.

- Apple is not telling the whole truth when they said there Japanese vendors are fine. Yes, the Japanese vendors are fine, but the vendors are not operating at 100% capacity (which will mean massive component shortages). Other factors are involved such as shipping delays (major ports will be offline due to damage, rolling black outs... etc..).

- Normal production will restart sometime in the summer (June-July).

I can not reveal my source, but my source has been 90% accurate in the past.

If you want to get an iPad in your hands before June, start looking for one now or you will not find one until then.

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Makes sense except for international launch. I would think they would postpone the international launch like they did last year.

3. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

4. [G5]Hydra macrumors regular

Apple is by far the biggest and most lucrative customer almost any of their parts suppliers have. If anyone is going to suffer it's going to be the smaller consumers of their parts. This won't affect Apple nearly as much as their competitors.

5. joesegh macrumors regular

6. CerealKillers macrumors member

This guy may be right, well partly right. I just had a long conversation with a BB store manager and she told me that there was word that they will be getting shipments that will fulfill their preorders next friday and the reason a lot of stores have stopped taking reservations is because there won't be another shipment for a while. We'll see if this pans out.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Ohhhhh, so the earthquake and tsunami was just a huge conspiracy!!! The Japanese government working with Apple must have devised a way to start the earthquake out at sea with the intent of crippling the entire nation for the good part of the year so they could artificially control supply of computer parts! By doing this and losing $200 billion, they have gotten Apple to pay for repairs out of their deep coffers! I get it now! So by the end of the year, the rumored iPad 3 will be released with retina display!

Wow OP, thanks for enlightening us!

8. admanimal macrumors 68040

Uhh, since when has Apple made any statement about Japanese vendors?

9. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

The OP's post is BS.

I can not reveal my source, but my source has been 90% accurate in the past.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Not once did the OP say confirmed or use any exclamation points.:rolleyes:

11. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I'm not quite sure if you read the OP right...

12. joltaxt macrumors regular

13. Virtute macrumors member

Maybe it's just my Canadian positivity, but I don't see them simply saying, "everyone but America is screwed, sorry." I could see them cutting down on the number of countries in which they release, but not holding off altogether.

If people are really set on the idea of a tablet right now, and think that they're going to be able to get them in a week, I think they're likely to buy something else if they're suddenly told that they have to wait until after production starts again in June or July. If their country launches, though, even with a small supply of them, I think it would give them the hope to keep trying to get one, rather than something else.

14. mayhone1 macrumors regular

If this were completely true, wouldn't Apple stop taking orders and fill the last remaining orders up to make sure they wouldn't have to refund all that money... Common sense?

15. imac005 macrumors newbie

Actually when i was watching CNBC this morning, they were kind of saying the same thing the OP is saying. Basically due to the JP earthquake, there might be a shortage with the Ipad.

16. mayhone1 macrumors regular

Still, if this was true, wouldn't it make since to stop taking orders on Apple's site and in order to fill the orders that were made, there by allowing for customer satisfaction, no loss in money that would result in refunds, as well as making sure there was no loss is stock market value. :apple:

17. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Agreed I think they definitely would have ceased online orders at this point.

18. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

If I'm reading the OP right, assuming the information is accurate, waiting in line at the online Apple store would be the only way to get the iPad for a while as there is a component shortage and not a complete lack of components. This would also allow them to get a handle on scalpers.

19. mayhone1 macrumors regular

I just contacted someone via apple chat and they said not to worry about rumors, that although their is a high demand and a shortage it is safe now to order from them, there will just be a wait. What we must remember is that the companies who make the tec involved in iPad 2's are not completely halting production, their just not making as much because "some" of the factories are closed right now, thats all.

20. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

Which components?

Anyone know specifically which components are made in Japan? I guessed most were made either in China or Korea. Most Japanese electronic companies have plants in China and Korea now.

21. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

The A5 processor is made in Japan I think because it is made by Samsung.

22. JPM macrumors member

BBC World News mentioned last week that something like 60% of all flash memory is made in Japan.

23. joltaxt macrumors regular

Samsung is a Korean company. They are headquartered in Seoul and Bundang in South Korea. You fail so hard.