Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
tldr: I dont know where a certain notification sound comes from! How can I find out where?

This is a little bit akward, I am fairly new to having a iOS device as my daily driver, my last two phones were Adroid. I've had a iPad pro the whole time, but since the iPad is more a secondary device, I was very strick with the notification control on this device.

I transferred this policy to my recent iPhone X with great confindence. "Ill never let those evil social media apps take control over my attention and focus" I though. However, this strict notificiation control has led me to having 'ghost notifications'.

There is a notification sound (iMessage-sound) and music fades a bit down when the notification comes in. But I have no apps with an app badge (since I've probably disabled this). Nothing in my history -since I've probably disabled that as well.

Any way I can easily find where the notification comes from? iOS 11.4.1

And let me say this, although I really like the phone, I prefer Androids notification management! :D

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
Could be Mail? iirc the default setting for Mail notifications is to just play a sound but not have anything added to the Notification Centre

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Could be Mail? iirc the default setting for Mail notifications is to just play a sound but not have anything added to the Notification Centre
Thanks for your reply!

I did find the culprit, I was not mail but Twitter. The thing is, there is a bug somewhere, cause the twitter notifications didn’t show in history, even though that was enabled. I had to restart the phone to get them to show

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.