Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trash eighty

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
UK
It means “go back to the beginning - shut everything down” without having to shut the browser down and start it back up again. And “home” can be any page you want.
Yes but do people still use it like that? Everyone seems to just close the window now when they've finished.

dewluca

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2018
When I installed FF89 I had NO scrollbars in any of the settings or preferences panes, so I couldn't adjust anything to my liking (paging up and down went between sections rather than moving down within the section of settings). (The scroll bars are fine in the actual websites, only settings/preferences are broken.) I want scrollbars to be there ALL THE TIME . . . not fade in and out . . . and I've set it that way in my System Preferences, but FF89 doesn't seem to recognize that in their settings/preferences windows, even when using their "system" theme. And if I can't customize my settings, then the thing is broken for me. (The first thing I turn off is auto update, but they keep turning it back on with every new update! UGGGGGH!!)

And I HATE moving the Bookmarks Toolbar up above everything else (not to mention the visual design of it). I saved my profiles and bookmarks and then reverted to 88, set up the required new profile, and imported my bookmarks back into it. Hoping that they fix some of the glitches in 89.1 or whatever. Still, it might be time to ditch FF after many many many years . . . unless someone makes an addon that will give me the old look.

Anyone else notice the problem in the settings panes??

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
Loving the new UI and looking at Firefox Nightly Firefox 90 and 91 will feel even more native on macOS. Kudos to Mozilla for addressing some decade old bugs. Great job ❤️
Do you know what they are adding? I found a few old bits of UI in 89 that stay light when in dark mode such as the book marks bar menus & page info.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is how I feel about Safari in Big Sur. The most obvious thing about FF and Safari's diverging opinons is where the + for new tab should be.
At least FF has it next to your existing tabs, like how safari used to.

You’re making me fear Big Sur more and more. The Home Screen when first loaded looks beautiful until I start looking at the control centre which is horribly messed up to look like an iPhone. It’s a MAC goddamnit Apple - keep it a Mac! Big buttons for absolutely no TOUCH user interface is useless. Allowing it to work with arrow keys or KB shortcuts or using tab key to jump to the next item = sweetness. I tried Big Sur in beta and it quickly got deleted when I had my old 2017 MBP 13”.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
After a restart, Firefox decided it wants to update (or more like a downgrade).
The UI is hideous and much harder to see the tabs now.
Thanks, they make life much easier to give up on Firefox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.