Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
First of all, "web sides"? Really? It's a website.

Second, yes, it's MacRumors, where there are rumors which sometimes have a good chance to happen. However, any rumor that is likely to happen is backed by some proof.

The rumors that are not backed by proof are flamed here, just as you are being. It's not a personal attack, it's just too many times people come on here and write about what they think will happen because they really want it to, perhaps they believe it, pathologically.

You can't concoct a rumor and state that the fact that you have no proof doesn't make it any less believable, that's ridiculous.

A mocking a spelling error is a personal attack.

I am trying to find a clear evidence (better yet, proof), but as we know, there is a lot of stuff that does not hit the cyber world.

Regardless, the uproar concerning the lack of FW on MB is very simply from all the posts in many sites.

macuser154

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2009
UK
Remember that the original MacBook Pro didn't have FireWire 800, after a few revisions, they put it in. Maybe they'll do the same with the next Uni MacBook.

Boston Fan

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2008
SE Pennsylvania
It's an ever-changing list based on recent sales data. I just clicked on it and:

*Aluminum MacBook is now #11,

*White MacBook has dropped to #15​

Kinda puts a big hole in the firewire theory, huh? :rolleyes:

People see what they want to see.

ShadowMind

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
Washington State
I think he means in the context of them having taken it away from the MacBook.

And OP... do you know WHY the white MacBook sells better than the aluminum ones?

BECAUSE IT STILL EXISTS. Because it is CHEAPER than the aluminum one. It really has NOTHING to do with FireWire.

I guess links to these people clamoring for FireWire are needed, too.

The only reason I bought the white NVIDIA Macbook was because of the Firewire port.

cheesymogul

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Reading all these prediction threads that are coming up from the dead are so funny... I see a lot of egg on many peoples faces now lol

Practical Mac was Nostradamus in this case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.