Firmware 2.1 Bug Reports: List your finds here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrentT, Sep 13, 2008.

1. BrentT macrumors member

BrentT

Report any new bugs introduced with firmware 2.1 in this thread. Please describe the bug, how it is found, and any work around you may have found.

2. BrentT thread starter macrumors member

BrentT

Podcast art missing in playlist

Here's a bug in the iPod app Podcast list. The list of subscribed podcasts is missing artwork for most of the podcasts, but not all. In 2.0.2 all artwork would be displayed. Also, the larger font is not a bug, but does reduce the number of podcasts visible at a time.

[​IMG]

3. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I have a Motorola bluetooth headset. The one that has the mic that flips out.

Since 2.1 I can barely hear anyone through my BT headset whereas they are quite loud enough through wired headsets or through the phone.

I've made sure that the BT volume is all the way up but I can't seem to come to any conclusion other then the patch did something sucky with this headset.

4. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

I've noticed a significantly longer backup time. Before 2.1, I was in the 10 minute range, now it takes well over an hour. :(

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Perhaps you should restore your phone again. My backup went from 2 hours to 10 minutes and the same ring true for most users on this forum.

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Actually, that's not a "bug," as most people are experiencing the opposite. My backups went from two-three hours to less than a minute, for example. I'd suggest restoring and if possible, setting up as a new phone. ;)

7. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

True, it's not technically a bug, but it does "bug" me. :p

I'll restore tomorrow..

8. perrysalyer macrumors newbie

When I tap Date/Time, i just go back to the home screen

Good thing my Date/Time is set :D

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

And don't forget to report to Apple. ;)

As the other posters, my backups literally went from many hours to a couple of minutes. I did a restore to 2.1, not an update. If I had done an update my phone would still be doing the initial backup... :D

10. BrentT thread starter macrumors member

BrentT

Where is the best place to report iPhone bugs? Does anyone know if such reports are taken seriously by Apple?

11. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Ever since 2.1 safari is constantly freezing and force quitting itself. it's getting really irritating. Other than that, everything seems to be working ok. I definitely like getting better signal strength and no dropped calls.

12. acaullier macrumors newbie

I am starting to get Contacts lag again (3 seconds lag in the Home->Contacts app, but zero lag in the Home->Phone->Contacts lag). It's very similar to what I had on 2.0, but not as bad (used to be 6 seconds).
    I also start to worry as after 2 days of use I got this error popping up :

Attached Files:

13. aristobrat macrumors G4

Same experience here. What's weird is that for me, Home->Contacts app didn't lag when I tested it right after the update. Now it does. Home->Phone->Contacts has no lag. :confused:

14. acaullier macrumors newbie

aristobrat, actually same for me, it worked well after I upgraded.
    I later decided to fully restore the iPhone, but the problem is appearing now :(
    sigh

15. dazedandlost macrumors newbie

Hi, 1st Gen iPhone with 2.1, all working very well, but my Edge download speed seems much slower than before, crawling along where it was fine before. So much so, I am considering upgrading to 3G iPhone as Safari. Stocks, Weather, You Tube

Anybody else seeing slow down in Edge since 2.1?

16. e.m. macrumors 6502

if you have your iPhone set to only sync new podcasts, some of the already played podcasts will be marked new again, and thus synced back to the iPhone. It doesn't happen all the time, not sure what triggers it.

I first noticed this with 2.0, and iTunes 8/iPhone 2.1 still has this problem.

-also, the Japanese App Store messages (such as "your apps are all up to date" ) are missing punctuation.

17. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

My Safari quits every once in a while.

I've noticed a slowing of Edge, as well. I've noticed an increase in 3G bars, but not speed. Before 2.1, I had 0-1 bars of 3G with a speed range of 200-350 kbps. After 2.1, I am getting 2-4 bars of 3G with a speed range of 200-350 kbps.

I did notice, however, that the phone switches from 3G to Edge (and vice versa) much faster.

18. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

The only good I can report is that the battery life is greatly improved.

The 2.1 update has brought more problems to me than before.

-STILL having keyboard lag. (see pic below)
    -Sending texts can randomly take a few minutes. It seems to just get "stuck."
    (see pic below)
    -Not sure is this a feature of some kind, but I can't accsess the Wi-Fi section
    of my settings menu. It's just grayed out. (see pic below)
    -Repeat alerts for text messages worked for the first few hours after updating,
    hasn't worked since.
    -Lag in the Contacts App
    -Push support for my Yahoo email account isn't worked right, as I've had to
    manually refresh it to get new messages.
    -My iPhone will randomly switch from full service of 3G then to EDGE then to
    "No Service" until I reboot or toggle the airplane mode. This is the most
    annoying bug I've ever had.

If anyone can shed some light on some of these issues, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, then I have a restore in my future...

Attached Files:

19. heyp macrumors 6502

not sure if this is a bug but...

when i get a text and get the second notification (which is about 5 minutes later), if i then slide to unlock it takes me to the phone app... seems like it should open to the sms app or just the home screen

20. Macsician macrumors newbie

bugs.

I have a first generation 8gb iPhone and since upgrading to 2.1, safari has crashed more than it's ever crashed on me before. While my battery life does seem better than it was with 2.0.2, it still isn't as great as I would like it to be, but at this point, improvement is very much welcome. I'm also seeing the slower edge speeds (who would have thought it could've gotten any slower?) that some users have already mentioned.

Is it possible that the first generation iPhone users are experiencing more troubles than the 3G users? I'm starting to think most of my problems would go away if I just bit the bullet and upgraded. Thoughts?

21. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Safari has crashed more on me since 2.1 then it ever did with the previous version. I don't get it. 3G has actually improved for me though.

22. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I also noticed when i go into settings....it takes longer for the settings to open.

23. dukefan macrumors member

Fetch to IMAP servers is broken

Does not fetch when the phone goes to sleep. Worked up until 2.1

24. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

Thats one things that bothering me.... plus I'm not getting 3G in some areas I was before....Once I get connection with 3G its faster and stronger...

25. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Yeah, I'm also having the missing podcast art issue.

Phazer