Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
The whole "pro" distinction is...I don't like it.

I just like good looking screens :D

I've never used a TN screen for any real length of time. My desktop monitors are both MVA/PVA and my TV is either that or IPS :-/

Still, for the price...

If Apple would have just had a normal set of inputs (and controls) on this monitor, I'd already own one (or two)!

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Geez, I wonder how many sales they've lost from not having multiple connections? I'm not exaggerating when I say I would own at least one by now. (At least assuming the input lag is fixed or was misreported.)

Akira1980

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
San Diego
Geez, I wonder how many sales they've lost from not having multiple connections? I'm not exaggerating when I say I would own at least one by now. (At least assuming the input lag is fixed or was misreported.)

I really don't get the logic for not supporting DVI. I tried to come up with any good reason, but I really can't think of any. :confused:

VoR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
UK
I really don't get the logic for not supporting DVI. I tried to come up with any good reason, but I really can't think of any. :confused:

DVI is a large ugly connector and probably cost a few cents to integrate.

Competence and priorities++++++

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Anyone who thinks DVI is "large and ugly" has seriously skewed priorities :D

And I seriously see that on Apple's pages, as though this was a big problem they've solved :eek:

Err...not to mention I haven't even SEEN my DVI port in years. But Apple has now saved people the horror of looking at it for 30 seconds when they set up their monitor :D

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
GRRRRR I'm desperately waiting for them to update the rest of the line. Anyone speculating the other sizes???

I'm guessing the whole line will be 24" 28" and 32"
/crosses fingers for 32" monitor/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.