First HomePod Orders Start Arriving to Customers in Australia

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 8, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple customers in Australia are always the first to get their hands on new devices on launch day, and now that it's after 9:00 a.m. on Friday, February 9 in the country, the first HomePod orders have started arriving to customers.

Australians who ordered the HomePod starting on January 26 have begun receiving their deliveries and have shared their excitement over the new device on reddit, Twitter, Instagram, and the MacRumors forums.

[​IMG]
    Image via Twitter user @rajdeut

Apple Stores in Australia are also now open, allowing customers who placed orders for in-store pickup to receive their devices. Retail locations also have stock for walk-in purchases, and in Australia, same-day in-store pickup is once again available.

Following Australia, HomePod sales and deliveries will kick off in the UK in about 10 hours, followed by North America. Apple Stores in all three countries are opening up right around 8:00 a.m. to allow customers to make HomePod purchases.

Throughout the pre-ordering process, which kicked off on January 26, Apple had ample HomePod stock for customers. Shipping estimates and in-store availability only began slipping earlier this week, likely due to Apple's preparations for launch day. Orders placed online for a HomePod will ship out early next week.

In the United States, the first HomePod deliveries will take place on the east coast starting at 8:00 a.m. The HomePod is priced at $349 in the United States, GBP319 in the UK, $499 in Australia.

Make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors both tomorrow and throughout next week, because we'll have plenty of HomePod coverage to share.

Article Link: First HomePod Orders Start Arriving to Customers in Australia

2. rafark macrumors 65816

rafark

Apple should launch in Australia a day later. Their homeland should not be the lastest in receiving their own products. It should be the first one.

3. racerhomie macrumors 6502

racerhomie

I got a feeling HomePod is going to be Magical like the first iPod & AirPods.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Exciting stuff. Congrats to those who already received their's. Looking forward to testing one myself.

5. AskMcG macrumors regular

AskMcG

I never understood this way of thinkng. Them getting it first has zero effect on when we get it here in the US. As long as you get yours when you are supposed to, why would you care when others get theirs? It is the exact same product, it is not like the first 1000 users are getting some "unique version".

6. seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

New promotion in the next 3 months - subscribe to Apple Music for 1 year and get a free HomePod. I wish it was great enough for me to want one, but I just do not find a reason to buy it considering I buy music from iTunes and I hate iTunes Match.

7. mattyj2001 macrumors member

mattyj2001

I think it's easier to publish one delivery date that's good worldwide instead of a bunch of different ones.

Plus if the Aussies think it's a dog you have time before tomorrow to cancel your order. Ha ha.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think the HomePod is just the start of what's to come for Apple in this segment and making its way to homes. The software will continue be mature and roll out in progression, I think the audio seems very promising from the initial reviews I have read so far.

9. btrach144 macrumors 68000

btrach144

How many people will return their HomePods within the two week return period after having buyers remorse?

10. ErikGrim macrumors 601

ErikGrim

Ah, that sweet sweet envy.

11. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It will play your purchased iTunes music using Siri without having to sign up for iTunes Match.

13. nosaj72 macrumors member

Maybe a free 3 months of Apple Music with a Homepod. But you aren't going to get a $350 speaker for free for a $120 subscription.

14. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

Very few.

15. mattyj2001 macrumors member

mattyj2001

Of course, that was meant for rafark. No option to delete/move reply. :(

16. ErikGrim macrumors 601

ErikGrim

I’ll pick up mine after work. In about seven hours.

17. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think it will be the other way around (buy a HP and for new subscribers get 6 months, maybe a year, of AM instead of the standard 3 months) but, yeah, seems like the next phase once Apple captures the early adopter money.

18. deanthedev Suspended

deanthedev

19. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

I think we should start a movement to move the International Date Line from the Pacific to the Atlantic :D

I wonder if iFixit has already started to do their stuff on the HomePod.

20. Will.O.Bie macrumors 6502

Will.O.Bie

I am excited to read honest reviews of the HomePod. I can't stand tech guys' reviews, more times than not, it's biased. I wanna know real reviews from regular Joe Schmoes like me who will be critical or praise the product if it warrants it.

21. rmcq macrumors newbie

I imagine it would be easier to move the International Date Line than influence Apple.

22. gijoeinla macrumors 6502a

Remorse about? What product anywhere does not disappoint on any level.

I think if someone wrongfully expects an Alexa etc yea dumbingly will be disappointed that HomePod isn’t constantly “listening” to sounds emanating from your bathroom and composing anal-ytics to compel you to buy.

Does anyone anymore NOT want a total invasive device that appears to do everything and fully monitors your very existence?

Guess what. I don’t.

So I bought my HomePod because I guess I’m one of the few that doesn’t want Google and or Amazon listening in on my families lives.

Seriously people. Think... different

23. actcyclist macrumors 6502

actcyclist

I can't decide whether I like the sound from my HomePod or Apple TV plus $1000 soundbar. It depends on the music/voice track playing.
    I will say podcasts come through very clearly, which means I won't have to wear headphones at home at all.

Collecting from the store this morning, I noticed a lot of questions from the staff member about why I was buying it. He also wanted me to test it out.
    It's a very new product.

24. Focusx0131 macrumors member

Focusx0131

Why doesn’t the black version have a box that’s representative of the product? It looks more like Space Gray, not that I would mind one in that shade.

25. boun_1980 macrumors newbie

boun_1980

She'll be right mate - hold on to ya undies...