First HomePod Pre-Order Customers Get Charged as Speakers Prepare for Shipment

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 2, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

One week ahead of HomePod's launch date in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia on February 9, the first batch of pre-order customers have begun receiving notifications from their banks about being charged for their orders, many located in the UK. According to tips, customers have noticed a charge placed on their cards related to HomePod orders as of early this morning, one week after pre-orders initially went up last Friday, January 26.

[​IMG]
    Image via MacRumors forum member smr

As customers begin getting charged, shipment preparations are also gearing up for HomePod and some MacRumors forum members have shared that their orders are "preparing for dispatch" with the expected delivery date of February 9.

This places HomePod pre-order shipping schedules on track with previous Apple device launches, and more users should begin noticing charges and shipment preparation order updates throughout the day. Next, the first set of HomePods will likely begin shipping out this weekend or early next week.

Initial hands-on impressions of the speaker have been positive, with a few websites enjoying the design of the HomePod, a "fast and seamless" integration with Siri, and favoring the audio quality over rival speakers like Sonos One and Google Home Max.

Among those giving impressions was a user on the audiophile subreddit, who noted "significantly better" audio than Google Home Max, and summed up their post by stating, "A single HomePod, for the size and price, slaughters most speakers under $1000."

[​IMG]

For those who haven't yet pre-ordered, HomePod orders placed on Apple.com today are still available for a February 9 delivery or pick-up date in both White and Space Gray.

Article Link: First HomePod Pre-Order Customers Get Charged as Speakers Prepare for Shipment

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I was literally just about to cancel one and boom, preparing for dispatch! As if Apple knew! :p

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

yep been charged this morning and preparing for dispatch.

4. ricktat macrumors 65816

I buy almost every new Apple product, but this is in the boat with the $5,000 Mac. Totally off my list and proves that Apple mind control doesn't work.

5. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

6. duckmanva macrumors newbie

duckmanva

I was charged last night for my HomePod. As of this morning, my order is still in progress and the charge is pending on my card. I also ordered mine on January 31.

7. prycop macrumors member

Some problems in the UK with Apple Pay - my payment was rejected by my Bank for some reason - tried another card and this was then rejected on the website as well.
    I contacted Apple and apparently some Banks refuse large(?) amounts through Apple Pay but, then Apple's system can't purge that payment from their system for a new payment method to go through.
    I had to cancel an order from January 26th and order again - delivery is still February 9th however.

8. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

Yea charged and preparing for dispatch :D i wonder if the HomePods are coming from China as they are shipping a week early?

Attached Files:

9. billybobthornton macrumors newbie

billybobthornton

HomePod sounds like something you lay down to let your dog pee on. I really think they could have named this better.

10. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

yeah certainly seems like it. Be nice to get it slightly earlier but doubt we will.

11. smr macrumors 6502a

I would re-post my Preparing for Dispatch screen grab but MacRumours have done it for me :D

12. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

It would be nice but i doubt we will, it will be interesting to see how many people are buying, personally i've started with one and then when Airplay 2 and stereo features are pushed out via the update i'll probably buy a couple more for around the house.

13. Phogro macrumors regular

Phogro

Been thinking about replacing my Play:1 in my office with a Homepod, but I want to see more real world reviews before I pull the trigger. Not sure if it's really a worthy upgrade. Wait and see I suppose.

14. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Be nice to get some reviews and experiences from real people who have paid real money, as opposed to the "reviewers" who are too scared to be struck off the Apple Freebie List to say anything negative ......

15. Canezmd macrumors member

Not gonna buy this... first apple product that I don't need or want.

Just bought some more sonos today.

16. mattburley7 macrumors 68040

still contemplating on getting one. i still got time to get it by the 9th.

17. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

If it works with Apple TV for movies and they have it working with two of them then I'll get it.

18. acblue94 macrumors regular

acblue94

And I’ll just walk in a buy one next Friday. And test it before hand.

19. BMcCoy macrumors 68000

BMcCoy

Looking forward to getting mine, and listening to what it can do.

It seems to have divided opinion a fair bit.. much like the Watch did.

But I guess - again, like the watch - those who are pleased with their purchase will be happy, and those who don't want to buy it will carry on life as normal. (Unless they choose to come on here and criticise those who did buy one, in order to feel more superior).

20. Dominicanyor macrumors 65816

Dominicanyor

21. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

No need for one myself, but Im looking forward to the plethora of reviews from actual owners vs reviewers.

22. gnomeisland macrumors 6502a

Same. o_O

23. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

;)

24. b11051973 macrumors 6502

Just checked and my card was charged with yesterday's date. :)

25. Braderunner macrumors 6502a

Probably the most controversial speaker ever. :rolleyes:
    So many people getting bent out of shape because they think everyone else should care about and agree with their opinion of this speaker. o_O