Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One week ahead of HomePod's launch date in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia on February 9, the first batch of pre-order customers have begun receiving notifications from their banks about being charged for their orders, many located in the UK. According to tips, customers have noticed a charge placed on their cards related to HomePod orders as of early this morning, one week after pre-orders initially went up last Friday, January 26.

HomePodPFD.jpg
Image via MacRumors forum member smr

As customers begin getting charged, shipment preparations are also gearing up for HomePod and some MacRumors forum members have shared that their orders are "preparing for dispatch" with the expected delivery date of February 9.

This places HomePod pre-order shipping schedules on track with previous Apple device launches, and more users should begin noticing charges and shipment preparation order updates throughout the day. Next, the first set of HomePods will likely begin shipping out this weekend or early next week.

Initial hands-on impressions of the speaker have been positive, with a few websites enjoying the design of the HomePod, a "fast and seamless" integration with Siri, and favoring the audio quality over rival speakers like Sonos One and Google Home Max.

Among those giving impressions was a user on the audiophile subreddit, who noted "significantly better" audio than Google Home Max, and summed up their post by stating, "A single HomePod, for the size and price, slaughters most speakers under $1000."

HomePod-on-shelf-800x451.jpg

For those who haven't yet pre-ordered, HomePod orders placed on Apple.com today are still available for a February 9 delivery or pick-up date in both White and Space Gray.

Article Link: First HomePod Pre-Order Customers Get Charged as Speakers Prepare for Shipment

Reactions: smr

duckmanva

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2018
I was charged last night for my HomePod. As of this morning, my order is still in progress and the charge is pending on my card. I also ordered mine on January 31.

prycop

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2010
Some problems in the UK with Apple Pay - my payment was rejected by my Bank for some reason - tried another card and this was then rejected on the website as well.
I contacted Apple and apparently some Banks refuse large(?) amounts through Apple Pay but, then Apple's system can't purge that payment from their system for a new payment method to go through.
I had to cancel an order from January 26th and order again - delivery is still February 9th however.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Yea charged and preparing for dispatch :D i wonder if the HomePods are coming from China as they are shipping a week early?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 12.50.36.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 12.50.36.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 211

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
yeah certainly seems like it. Be nice to get it slightly earlier but doubt we will.

It would be nice but i doubt we will, it will be interesting to see how many people are buying, personally i've started with one and then when Airplay 2 and stereo features are pushed out via the update i'll probably buy a couple more for around the house.

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
Been thinking about replacing my Play:1 in my office with a Homepod, but I want to see more real world reviews before I pull the trigger. Not sure if it's really a worthy upgrade. Wait and see I suppose.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Be nice to get some reviews and experiences from real people who have paid real money, as opposed to the "reviewers" who are too scared to be struck off the Apple Freebie List to say anything negative ......

Reactions: redneckitengineer

acblue94

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
New York, NY.

One week ahead of HomePod's launch date in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia on February 9, the first batch of pre-order customers have begun receiving notifications from their banks about being charged for their orders, many located in the UK. According to tips, customers have noticed a charge placed on their cards related to HomePod orders as of early this morning, one week after pre-orders initially went up last Friday, January 26.

HomePodPFD.jpg

Image via MacRumors forum member smr

As customers begin getting charged, shipment preparations are also gearing up for HomePod and some MacRumors forum members have shared that their orders are "preparing for dispatch" with the expected delivery date of February 9.

This places HomePod pre-order shipping schedules on track with previous Apple device launches, and more users should begin noticing charges and shipment preparation order updates throughout the day. Next, the first set of HomePods will likely begin shipping out this weekend or early next week.

Initial hands-on impressions of the speaker have been positive, with a few websites enjoying the design of the HomePod, a "fast and seamless" integration with Siri, and favoring the audio quality over rival speakers like Sonos One and Google Home Max.

Among those giving impressions was a user on the audiophile subreddit, who noted "significantly better" audio than Google Home Max, and summed up their post by stating, "A single HomePod, for the size and price, slaughters most speakers under $1000."

HomePod-on-shelf-800x451.jpg

For those who haven't yet pre-ordered, HomePod orders placed on Apple.com today are still available for a February 9 delivery or pick-up date in both White and Space Gray.

Article Link: First HomePod Pre-Order Customers Get Charged as Speakers Prepare for Shipment
And I’ll just walk in a buy one next Friday. And test it before hand.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Looking forward to getting mine, and listening to what it can do.

It seems to have divided opinion a fair bit.. much like the Watch did.

But I guess - again, like the watch - those who are pleased with their purchase will be happy, and those who don't want to buy it will carry on life as normal. (Unless they choose to come on here and criticise those who did buy one, in order to feel more superior).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.