Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
these photos are tack sharp:
iBetxMJ.jpg

k7Bhb9u.jpg

IizFo2h.jpg

Mtkates

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014

Live Photo is a great feature when you create them intentionally. I hope Apple would allow us to remove accidental "live" portions of a photo as I probably wouldn't hold 3 seconds to take a photo every single time.

Not sure if you've found this yet, but you can remove the video part of a live photo. While in the Photos app, select the picture and select "Edit". On the edit screen, you will see the live photo icon in blue. Tap the icon and select "Done" and it removes the video and leaves you the photo.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Not sure if you've found this yet, but you can remove the video part of a live photo. While in the Photos app, select the picture and select "Edit". On the edit screen, you will see the live photo icon in blue. Tap the icon and select "Done" and it removes the video and leaves you the photo.

I know you can do that. What I meant is the length of it. Like the blur when you move your phone to take the photo, or the blur when you move your phone away before the whole "Live" is captured.

Editing it doesn't remove the "Live" portion anyway, you can actually turn on the "Live" effect if you go back in and reenable it. It wouldn't save any space by removing the "Live" portion in this case..

Last edited:
Reactions: OrionsByte

Mtkates

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014
I know you can do that. What I meant is the length of it. Like the blue when you move your phone to take the photo, or the blur when you move your phone away before the whole "Live" is captured.

Editing it doesn't remove the "Live" portion anyway, you can actually turn on the "Live" effect if you go back in and reenable it. It wouldn't save any space by removing the "Live" portion in this case..

I understand what you mean now. That would be a great option to be able to trim it down as needed.

costica1234

macrumors regular
May 21, 2013
Picked up my 6S from a friend coming from the US last evening. I am upgrading from a for 4S (with whom I took the photos). I went for a dark combination, Space Gray + Midnight Blue case, looks pretty sexy to me :cool:

IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG
IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0847.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG
IMG_0849.JPG

soupcan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2014
Netherlands
Picked up my 6S from a friend coming from the US last evening. I am upgrading from a for 4S (with whom I took the photos). I went for a dark combination, Space Gray + Midnight Blue case, looks pretty sexy to me :cool:

-snip-

Is that the silicon case or the leather case? I'm going for the exact same config (Space Grey 6s with Midnight Blue case) and I really like to know whether to pick the silicon case or the leather one.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
looks like it does a good job generally.
i don't mind the very slight S6 advantages.
Wait, the 6S only has 720p front facing video?? I'm sure it was to save battery life or our precious megabytes :rolleyes:

Some thoughts on the comparison:

- Front facing camera - better on S6
- Front facing video - miles better on S6
- 4K video - better on 6S
- Daylight photos - better on 6S
- Night photos - better on S6
- Sound in video - light years better on S6

It seems competition has caught up/surpassed Apple as far as camera quality is concerned... S6 isn't a brand new device. It is 6 months old...

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Wait, the 6S only has 720p front facing video?? I'm sure it was to save battery life or our precious megabytes :rolleyes:

Some thoughts on the comparison:

- Front facing camera - better on S6
- Front facing video - miles better on S6
- 4K video - better on 6S
- Daylight photos - better on 6S
- Night photos - better on S6
- Sound in video - light years better on S6

It seems competition has caught up/surpassed Apple as far as camera quality is concerned... S6 isn't a brand new device. It is 6 months old...

still not convinced :D

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
can someone with 6S please do a quick test with and without live photos?

just to check how much difference it makes at low light?
with live photos disables, you should get a bit more light.
(because the shutter can be slower).

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Interesting test on 9to5 comparing the 6 and 6s cameras..
http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/28/iphone-6-diary-camera-test/

Spoiler: the 6s is poorer. By playing the 'more megapixels' game, the image quality has dropped.

he didn't say "it's poorer",
he just said, that like ALL smartphone on the market, small sensor+more MPs = more noise at low light.
apple decided to deal with it with their "water color" effect to reduce the more noise EVERY smartphone cam has at low light. every other phone cam at low light try to smear the noise with their trick.

costica1234

macrumors regular
May 21, 2013
Is that the silicon case or the leather case? I'm going for the exact same config (Space Grey 6s with Midnight Blue case) and I really like to know whether to pick the silicon case or the leather one.

It's the silicon one. The case has a really good grip, I am very satisfied with it.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
I captured what I think is perfect for Live Photo yesterday.

Having Live Photo is good, except that I find that I am purposefully composing the photo for the live effect rather than just taking it as a photo. The end result is awesome when planned, even better if it turned out well unplanned. However, I wasn't very pleased with the overall image quality probably because I didn't turn off the live feature and is shooting in low light most of the time. I find that the auto focus missed a lot of my shots too =(

Picture this in Live Photo though, I'm using this as a Live Wallpaper now and loving it.

21615776858_058631cf91_k.jpg

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

Having Live Photo is good, except that I find that I am purposefully composing the photo for the live effect rather than just taking it as a photo. The end result is awesome when planned, even better if it turned out well unplanned. However, I wasn't very pleased with the overall image quality probably because I didn't turn off the live feature and is shooting in low light most of the time. I find that the auto focus missed a lot of my shots too =(

Picture this in Live Photo though, I'm using this as a Live Wallpaper now and loving it.

That picture is stunning.

MadManDan

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015

Is it possible to share a live wallpaper?

Blaqdymun

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
New York
Free 2 day shipping you must have Amazon prime shipping :)

If you spend a certain amount of money, most times over $25/$35 SOME items in your cart will qualify for free shipping. I usually make bulk purchases with Amz for that reason. I haven't renewed my Amazon Prime yet. Disputing a matter at the moment.

Reactions: determined09

Blaqdymun

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
New York
Took this at work last night w my 6S+

9135524c795eaa118072343c812dff44.jpg

I do not see how pol can still suggest the camera quality has not improved. That is a really good looking pic. I hated taking selfies with my iPhone 6 Plus. Low or Bright light. I used my Note 4 for selfies. Now, I am more satisfied with the pic quality especially where low light & selfies are concerned.

Ad13

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Manchester, UK
Posted this on another post, but I'm love it so much, here it is again. Downtown Miami shot from Rickenbacker Causeway at dawn using iPhone 6S plus and completely unedited and shot using the native camera app. What do you think? I'm amazed by the quality.
image.jpeg

Reactions: MadManDan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.