Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It's already Friday, September 24 in Australia and New Zealand, and customers who purchased a new iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max already have their new devices in hand. We've seen reviews of the new iPhone 13 models from media sites, but now first impressions from everyday Apple users are available.

iphone-13-pro-hayden.jpg
Image via MacRumors Reader Hindsy​

New iPhone 13 and 13 Pro owners are sharing their opinions on the MacRumors forums, and for those awaiting their own new iPhones or considering a purchase, impressions from average consumers provide useful insight.

MacRumors reader Hindsy, who shared several photos of his new Sierra Blue iPhone 13 Pro, said that the 120Hz display is "definitely noticeable" even for "an amateur like me."

MacRumors reader Chris got iPhone 13 models in pink and blue. The pink is "gorgeous" and a must-see in person, and the blue is lighter in person too. Cinematic Mode is "incredibly fluid and fast."

Chris also shared a great video demoing the live wallpapers on the new iPhones.

Boardiesboi, who shares his opinions on new iPhone models every year, said that the new iPhone 13 Pro Max doesn't feel heavier in the hands than the 12 Pro Max, even though there is a slight difference in weight. MagSafe does not appear to be stronger than last year.

iphone-13-pro-max-boardiesboi.jpg

He also said that the smaller notch is not that noticeable, and that the Sierra Blue color is "absolutely stunning" in person and looks quite different in different lighting situations.

Boardiesboi also shared a nice photo of the Sierra Blue color vs. the Pacific Blue color from last year for those who are interested in seeing the difference side-by-side.

iphone-13-12-pro-max-color-comparison-boardiesboi.jpg

Other impressions from new iPhone owners:

• The iPhone 13 Pro display appears to be cooler than the iPhone 12 Pro display
  • The stainless steel edges of the Pro and Pro Max still show fingerprints
  • If you're used to the old notch, you can tell the new one is a little bit taller. But it still disappears into the background as you use the phone.
Have a new ‌iPhone 13 or 13 Pro? Let us know your thoughts and we'll add it to our impressions article.

Article Link: First Impressions From New iPhone 13 and 13 Pro Owners

Last edited:

DanteHicks79

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2019
Silicon Valley
Genuinely curious if *anybody* is receiving a 13 Pro Max on launch day. I have a feeling Apple still managed to fall victim to supply chain issues, because even though I had Apple Business Team pre-order last Friday, it looks like I'm still not getting mine until the middle of October...

• Wow
Reactions: lyngo

jclo

Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
California
Genuinely curious if *anybody* is receiving a 13 Pro Max on launch day. I have a feeling Apple still managed to fall victim to supply chain issues, because even though I had Apple Business Team pre-order last Friday, it looks like I'm still not getting mine until the middle of October...

There are definitely customers in Australia getting them. I also preordered one and it's getting delivered tomorrow.

drumcat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
Otautahi, Aotearoa
I have one in my pocket now. It's amazeballs.

bryanhalpin

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
Yup. 512gb Sierra Blue 13 pro max being delivered tomorrow to me

Orange Bat

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2021
Haven‘t ordered mine yet, but I‘ve been going between the Pro and Pro Max. After looking at the 12s at Best Buy this afternoon, I’m seriously leaning towards Max. I loved my 6s Plus, and while a big phone can be a hassle at times, the benefits outweigh the issues, IMO.

Sigvard

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2008

UPS shows my en-route for delivery by 7pm tomorrow.

Reactions: The Barron

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004

It's already Friday, September 24 in Australia and New Zealand, and customers who purchased a new iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max already have their new devices in hand. We've seen reviews of the new iPhone 13 models from media sites, but now first impressions from everyday Apple users are available.

iphone-13-pro-hayden.jpg

Image via MacRumors Reader Hindsy

New iPhone 13 and 13 Pro owners are sharing their opinions on the MacRumors forums, and for those awaiting their own new iPhones or considering a purchase, impressions from average consumers provide useful insight.

MacRumors reader Hindsy, who shared several photos of his new Sierra Blue iPhone 13 Pro, said that the 120Hz display is "definitely noticeable" even for "an amateur like me."

MacRumors reader Chris got iPhone 12 models in pink and blue. The pink is "gorgeous" and a must-see in person, and the blue is lighter in person too. Cinematic Mode is "incredibly fluid and fast."

Chris also shared a great video demoing the live wallpapers on the new iPhones.

Boardiesboi, who shares his opinions on new iPhone models every year, said that the new iPhone 13 Pro Max doesn't feel heavier in the hands than the 12 Pro Max, even though there is a slight difference in weight. MagSafe does not appear to be stronger than last year.

iphone-13-pro-max-boardiesboi.jpg

He also said that the smaller notch is not that noticeable, and that the Sierra Blue color is "absolutely stunning" in person and looks quite different in different lighting situations.

Boardiesboi also shared a nice photo of the Sierra Blue color vs. the Pacific Blue color from last year for those who are interested in seeing the difference side-by-side.

iphone-13-12-pro-max-color-comparison-boardiesboi.jpg

Other impressions from new iPhone owners:

• The iPhone 13 Pro display appears to be cooler than the iPhone 12 Pro display
  • The stainless steel edges of the Pro and Pro Max still show fingerprints
  • If you're used to the old notch, you can tell the new one is a little bit taller. But it still disappears into the background as you use the phone.
Have a new ‌iPhone 13 or 13 Pro? Let us know your thoughts and we'll add it to our impressions article.

Article Link: First Impressions From New iPhone 13 and 13 Pro Owners
The camera looks like it really sticks out. Even the case camera hole had to protrude out more

• Sad
Reactions: DogHouseDub

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Yeah, probably a million people will, like myself, who pre-ordered.

zorinlynx

macrumors 604
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
the worst case design ever, dust and lint magnet right around the lenses…

But who cares?
I concur. I really hate the way the new cases have a lip around the camera module. Before putting a case on the phone made the back completely flat.

If I get an iPhone 13 I'm definitely getting a third party case that fully covers the camera module. I've seen a few out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.